A Good Fit
Legendary speaker manufacturer JBL makes a great set of speakers. The GX502 5-1/4” coaxial speakers are testament to this. One of the things that sets this speaker kit apart from the rest of the herd is its 2.3-ohm impedance. What does this mean to you? It means that this kit is designed to extract maximum power from its power source. It doesn’t matter if you’re using the factory-installed audio system, an aftermarket radio, or an aftermarket car amplifier – the JBL car speakers are just going to sound good and play loud. Isn’t that why you wanted to upgrade the speakers anyway?
A huge part of getting killer sound is in the proper design of the speakers. JBL pulled no punches in their quest to give you this type of sound. Their edge-driven tweeters play well into the high frequency range (up to 21kHz!) and feature a proprietary tweeter deflector to project the sound where you want it to go. The Plus One™ woofers feature an increased cone area which will have the woofers playing low into the bass response area for a more dynamic sound and better impact from your music.
Hear It All
The sound engineers at JBL know that many vehicles suffer from poor speaker placement – especially older cars. Installing a pair of coaxial speakers in the bottom of the front doors has the high frequencies coming from the tweeter being directed into the side of your leg. To solve this dilemma, the brains at JBL used a JBL-proprietary tweeter deflector to guide that high frequency response up towards your ears. You’re going to hear more detail which will make the music sound more life-like and be more enjoyable.
- 2-way coaxial speaker kit comprised of tweeters and 5-1/4” woofers
- 5-1/4” Plus One™ polypropylene woofers for deep bass response
- Edge-driven soft dome tweeters for accurate high frequency reproduction
- Warranty: 1 year
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 2-way coaxial speaker kit
- 5-1/4” Plus One™ polypropylene woofers
- Edge-driven soft dome tweeters
- 2.3-ohm impedance
- Up to 45 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 135 watts
- Frequency response range: 65Hz – 21kHz
- Sensitivity: 91dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-5/16"
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 pair of GX502 coaxial speakers
- 1 pair of protective grilles
- 1 pair of foam gasket strips
- 8 self-tapping screws
- 8 speed clips
- Owner’s manual