Great sound from a proven company, the JBL CBT 50LA Compact Line Array Column Loudspeaker goes above and beyond in sound quality and affordability. Using Constant Beamwidth Technology to deliver consistent coverage from the line array, the result is an all-encompassing sound that you can feel and hear from around the room.
Ushering in a new era for passive column speaker technology based on years of extensive research conducted by Harman engineers, the JBL CBT Series line array columns with Constant Beamwidth Technology break new ground in performance, versatility, and affordability. Designed for venues that would typically use larger point-and-shoot speakers, the CBT models incorporate technical advancements that allow them to vastly outperform competitive systems, with a level of user-friendliness that virtually eliminates the challenges of delivering great sound.
JBL CBT 50LA Compact Column Loudspeaker Features:
Constant Beamwidth Technology
- At the core of the CBT Series is a forward thinking conceptual design that shatters the notion of passive column speakers as performance-limited solutions to sound reinforcement. The CBT Series raises the bar far beyond the competition with patent pending technology that draws upon and adds to the long history of JBL innovation, delivering new capabilities, many of which are firsts in the industry.
- The Challenge: With traditional passive columns, the coverage continually narrows at higher frequencies, resulting in much of the listening area being covered by only part of the sound spectrum. Driver interactions cause the frequency response to change at every point off - axis and at every distance away from the speaker. Each listener hears a different balance of sound. In addition, lobes of sound projecting outside the listening area increase the reverberation, reducing intelligibility and interfering with musical quality.
- The Solution: Constant Beamwidth Technology solves these problems by locking in and maintaining a specific coverage over a very wide bandwidth. The CBT models deliver smooth, consistent coverage that is similar to complex and far more expensive line arrays. The CBT Series’ constant directivity coverage delivers consistent frequency response at every distance as well as off-axis. With the CBT Series, every seat in the house experiences the same quality of sound regardless of position.
JBL CBT 50LA Compact Column Loudspeaker Specifications:
- Description: 50 cm straight line arrary with 8 x 2" drivers plus patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology circuitry
- Applications: General Low-Level Sound, Video Monitors, Retail, Concourses, Transit Spaces, Fill Applications, Conference Rooms, Architectural Spaces
- Vertical Coverage: 20-degrees
- Equalization: Music (flat)/Speech
- Tap Settings: 60W multi-tap for 70V/100V, plus 8 ohms
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 80Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity (SPL @ 1m, 3.3ft): 93dB
- Power Handling (low-Z): 150 W
- Max SPL: 115dB (121dB peak)
- Pattern Control Frequency (+/ 20-degrees): 1500 Hz
- Mounting: 10 x M6 insert points, wall bracket included
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 528 x 99 x 153mm (20.8 x 3.9 x 6.0 in)