- Model No: JBL Boombox 3
- (1x)189 x 114mm Subwoofer
- (2x) 80.9 x 80.9mm Midrange/2 x 2.75 inch
- (2x) 20mm Tweeter/2 x 0.75 inch
- Output power
- (1x) 80W RMS-subwoofer + 2 x 40W RMS-midrange + 2 x 10W RMS-tweeter (AC mode)
- (1x) 60W RMS-subwoofer + 2 x 30W RMS-midrange + 2 x 8W RMS-tweeter (Battery mode)
- Power input: 100-240Vac; 50/60Hz
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 72.6Wh (equivalent to 7.26V/10,000mAh)
- Battery charge time: 6.5 hours
- Music play time: up to 24 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- Connection ports: AC-in, USB-A, Aux-in
- Cable type: AC Power Cable
- Cable length: 2000mm/78.7"
- USB Specification
- USB charge out: 5V/2A (maximum)
- Wireless Specification
- Bluetooth® version: 5.3
- Bluetooth® profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth® transmitter frequency range: 2.402GHz – 2.480GHz
- Bluetooth® transmitter power: ≤ 9dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth® transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Product Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19.0” x 10.1” x 7.9"
- Net Weight: 14.7 lbs
What's in the Box
What’s in the Box
- JBL Boombox 3 Portable Bluetooth Waterproof Speaker
- AC power cord (AC plug and quantity varies by region)
- Quick start guide
- Safety sheet
- Warranty card
Customer Reviews for JBL Boombox 3 Portable Bluetooth Waterproof Speaker
However there is one thing that Extremely Ruins the experience!
When you listen via cable and your music track is in low volume, the speaker goes to what can best be described as "sleep" almost immediately - 5-10 seconds. And then it requires a higher volume than before to "wake up" and start playing again, and it also takes time. I can't even describe how irritating is that when you are listening to a classical music track - they very often have long loud and almost silent periods, so you just started to listen and then in the middle of the song - voila, your speaker just stops playing because it considered your track not loud enough - but it was loud enough for you to hear! Or one more case from my life - when you decide to practice your guitar and connect boombox 3 to a guitar pedal. One second you played a chord then spent few seconds adjusting your fingers to a new one - and the chord is simply not sounding because the speaker went to sleep during that pause, so you need to play something for next ~5-6 seconds before you start to hear what you are playing again.
The described behavior is not present when you connect via bluetooth not via cable, but for cable I can describe it with only one word - AWFUL! Don't buy it if you plan to listen via cable!
JBL, this _needs_ to be fixed!
Few minutes of battery life or some silent noise whispering in the background are not worth the loss of continuous playback. This "sleep" interruptions are awful!
Amazing product as always JBL. Thanks for bringing us this.
I'm really pleased, not only with the bass (the Sony had good bass too) but the highs and mids were equally impressive and didn't get drowned out by the incredible bass of this unit.
It gets quite loud but luckily doesn't lose much quality at the higher volume levels.
I wish they got the app better, it needs a battery percentage rather than a bar and the graphic eq doesn't really do much.
Overall, I like the design, it feels super sturdy, looks great and performs even better. Yes, it's pricey comparative to others on the market, but I'm still happy.
The weight and the bass is massive!.
You can easily entertain a whole party outdoors with this box!