IWB-1 In-Wall Speaker Box
Intuitive’s second generation of IWB (In Wall Box) is the most flexible, easiest to install, and best built box on the market. With its removable trim ring it can be easily installed into a standard2 x 4 stud bay during pre-construction, or retrofitted after the home is complete. Heavy duty “Dog Ears” install from the inside, securely mounting the box to the wallboard. Intuitive's dual power punch-out uses either metal or plastic power boxes for the utmost in flexibility. You can directly mount wall plates to the outer edge, keeping the installation clean. Built from welded and powder coated steel, this box is durable and will withstand the test of time.
The “b” series features a breadboard back panel, so that you can utilize Intuitive's Universal Clamps and Zip Tie Clips, making your installation faster and more reliable.
IWB-1 Features and Specifications:
- Pre-construction or retrofit installation.
- Accommodates up to 3/4” thick wall material.
- Heavy duty “Dog Ears” install from the inside for easy installation...and they don’t fall into the wall.
- Removable trim ring for pre-construction installation.
- Knockouts to accommodate direct mounting of wall plates to the outer edge.
- Knockouts for direct wire entry.
- Knockouts for both metal and plastic high-volt boxes.
- Welded steel construction with powder-coated finish, welded and smoothed joints.
- Breadboard rear panel for mounting of components.
- Easy retrofit installation into any 2x4 wall. Fitting into 12” on-center or larger stud bays, the IWB-1b is as simple as mounting an in-wall speaker.
- 1/2” of clearance behind the enclosure for wiring.
- Hole Spacing: .5”
- Hole Size: .245”
- Product Weight: 2.5lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 3.0 Lbs.
- Construction: 1.1mm steel, powdercoated. 1.5mm thick outer flange.
- Patents Pending