The RS152 doesn’t sound like any other surround channel loudspeakers because it isn’t designed like any others. The heart of this unique speaker is the patented Hemispherical Soundfield Technology (HST). With the HST design, the combination of driver positioning and waveguide pattern control provides remarkably balanced coverage across a 180-degree hemispherical listening area without the typical “hot and cold” frequency response inefficiencies found with mounting traditional loudspeakers on the wall. The end result is a loudspeaker with extremely flexible on-wall placement capability while maintaining consistent performance over a wide area even when listening from far off to one side. The RS152’s integrated keyhole wall-mounting, slender design and elegant details provide a rich appearance that blends well with any decor.
- Surround channel loudspeaker
- Patented Hemispherical Soundfield Technology (HST) for consistent performance across a 180-degree area
- Dual 1" (25mm) CMMD (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm) tweeters with advanced waveguides
- 5.25" (130mm) CMMD high-output woofer with sealed enclosure
- Computer-optimized driver positioning and network integration
- Sleek, contemporary enclosure design
- Black chrome trim rings, a soft-touch painted waveguide, and discrete grille
Surround Channel Loudspeaker Ideally Suited For Multi-Channel Music And Home Theater Systems
- The RS152’s slender profile and integrated keyhole wall-mounting allows for flexible placement within your room. It is sonically matched to companion Reference Series floorstanding, bookshelf and center channel loudspeakers and powered subwoofers allowing you to create the ideal system solution for your needs.
Patented Hemispherical Soundfield Technology (HST)
- Infinity’s engineers have developed and patented Hemispherical Soundfield Technology (HST) to eliminate the detrimental acoustical reflections typically associated with wall-mounting loudspeakers. With the HST design, a rear-facing woofer is scientifically positioned at a given distance from the wall while companion dual high-frequency drivers with advanced waveguides are each placed on either side of the angled front panels. This combination of driver positioning and waveguide pattern control provides remarkably balanced coverage across a 180-degree hemispherical listening area without the typical “hot and cold” frequency response inefficiencies found with mounting traditional loudspeakers on the wall. The end result is a loudspeaker with extremely flexible on-wall placement capability while maintaining consistent performance over a wide area even when listening from far off to one side.
Dual 1" (25mm) CMMD Tweeters with Advanced Waveguides
- The combination of the acoustical science and patented designs found in the 1" (25mm) CMMD (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm) tweeter and advanced waveguide provides seamless sonic integration with the CMMD woofer while providing excellent high-frequency detail and smooth coverage across a wide listening area.
5.25" (130mm) CMMD High-Output Woofer With Sealed Enclosure
- Powerful bass is key to a high-quality sound experience and the strength of Infinity’s extremely rigid woofer cones – constructed from CMMD (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm) – help to deliver a wide frequency range with minimal distortion. This woofer works in conjunction with the sealed enclosure to provide powerful deep bass that makes your music and movies come alive.
Computer-Optimized Driver Positioning And Network Integration
- Infinity’s advanced acoustical modeling design places the drivers in the ideal location within the cabinet allowing them to work with the enclosure and not against it. The advanced positioning and crossover network integration reduce harmful sonic artifacts that would otherwise detract from the overall performance of the loudspeaker. The end result is balanced, accurate sound with lifelike imaging and soundstage that brings the musical performance right into your home.
Sleek, Contemporary Enclosure Design
- The slim profile of the RS152 is complemented with a rich, black woodgrain finish and hidden fasteners that provide for a clean look that blends easily with any decor.
Elegant Design Details
- The waveguides feature black chrome trim rings while the waveguide surfaces are finished with a rich, soft-touch paint. The silver phase rings highlight the CMMD tweeters mated to the waveguides. A discrete grille completes the elegant design.
Integrated Rear-Panel Keyholes
- Two keyholes on the metal rear-panel bracket provide for simple and easy wall-mounting allowing you to position the RS152 exactly where required on the walls of your listening room.
Designed and Engineered in Northridge, California
- Infinity loudspeakers are designed and engineered in Northridge, California at our world-renowned Acoustic Engineering Center of Excellence. Every new product is evaluated and scrutinized against the competition and our own stringent standards to ensure that its acoustic performance is best-in-class.
- 2-way 5.25" (130mm) on-wall surround loudspeaker
- Proprietary Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm (CMMD) technology
- 5.25" (130mm) CMMD high-output woofer
- Dual 1" (25mm) CMMD tweeters with advanced image control waveguides
- Frequency response: 62Hz–22kHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Recommended amplifier power: 20–125 Watts
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
- Dimensions H x W x D: 10-1/8" x 15" x 7-7/8" (257mm x 381mm x 200mm)
- Weight: 11.1lb (5.0Kg)
What's in the Box:
- RS152 surround channel loudspeakers x 2
- Rubber cushions x 8
- Owner’s Manual