Infinity engineers realize that many people would be hard-pressed to have a subwoofer occupy most of their available trunk space. Or perhaps you have a truck that has limited space in which a subwoofer could fit. The shallow-mount 10” REF1000S Infinity car subwoofer is the answer to this dilemma. While requiring a sealed enclosure no larger than 0.50 cubic feet, this shallow-mount subwoofer packs quite the punch, too. Save space and get that “thump” to your music that you’ve been looking for.
Selectable Smart Impedance™
This Infinity subwoofer offers a very unique feature: you can select either a 2- or 4-ohm impedance by simply flipping a switch on the subwoofer. This is a proprietary technology from Harman and has found its way into the Reference-series subwoofers. Why is this a good thing? Well, depending on you subwoofer setup (as in maybe you are using a single subwoofer or maybe more than one), you can change the amount of power that your subwoofer amplifier is putting out. This allows you to get the best-possible sound and volume from your investment.
An important part of building a subwoofer (much like anything else really) is using proven, tough materials to guarantee that the unit will last a good, long while. The Infinity Reference REF1000S car subwoofer has a polypropylene cone meant to hit hard and a rubber surround meant to last. A strong basket and magnet round out nearly the rest of this subwoofer. Rest easy knowing that you’re looking at a finely-built piece of Infinity engineering.
Allow Us To Suggest…
To properly power this subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single REF1000S subwoofer in your setup), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 4 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 4 ohms would be around 200 watts.
- Shallow-mount design to allow it to fit into more vehicles
- Selectable impedance for maximum power extraction from your amplifier
- Polypropylene woofer cone that has been tested thoroughly for reliability
- Durable rubber surround for long-lasting performance
- Warranty: 1 year
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 10” shallow-mount subwoofer
- Selectable 2- or 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 200 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 800 watts
- Frequency response range: 35Hz – 175Hz
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Top-mount depth: 3-5/16”
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 REF1000S subwoofer
- Specifications sheet
- Owner’s manual