The Infinity Primus Series: Where Infinity Sound Begins.
Prepare to raise your expectations. Experience home entertainment at a new level of clarity and realism. From unobtrusive bookshelf systems to dazzlingly powerful home theaters, there's an Infinity Primus system that's right for every purpose and room in your home. Most other speaker systems in the Primus price range sound as if they are spraying their sound at you tinny, hollow and reproduced a copy of a copy. With its MMD transducer technology and seamless component architecture working in unison to eliminate unwanted resonance modes, the Infinity Primus PC251BK doesn't spray it immerses, rolling over the listener with warm, rich sound the way live music does. Combine the Primus PC251BK with any one of our powerful MMD-equipped floorstanding loudspeakers, subwoofers, and bookshelf speakers, and the Primus PC251BK will fill any room with dramatic and well-defined sound. This is where Infinity sound begins, and its well within your reach.
- Two-way center-channel loudspeaker
- Dual 5-1/4" (133mm) MMD low-frequency drivers
- 3/4" (19mm) MMD hi-frequency driver
- Five-way binding posts
- Legendary Infinity engineering - speaker components seamlessly work together as an integrated system
- Extremely low resonance enclosures - hear music exactly as it was recorded
- Tweeter waveguides improve on-and-off-axis high-frequency response
- Precision crossover networks
- Patented MMD transducers significantly improve cone performance, providing ideal rigidity and resistance to precision sound across the entire spectrum
The Infinity Primus PC251BK - A Solid Center.
- A well-designed center-channel speaker ensures a listener can clearly hear song lyrics or dialogue above the bombast and bassy low frequencies. Boasting a high crossover frequency of 2,800Hz and a low crossover of 650Hz, the Primus PC251BK reduces strain on the respective speaker drivers, allowing them to independently focus on their respective ranges. The audio signal from the receiver is split among three different loudspeakers - low and midrange frequencies are sent to dual 5.25-inch Metal Matrix Diaphragm (MMD) woofers, and a 3/4" (19mm) MMD driver handles the high frequencies, allowing dialogue, foley tracks and high frequencies to sparkle above the other channels' signals without interruption or interference.
Incredible Sound. Incredible Price.
- With the Infinity Primus PC251BK's Metal Matrix Diaphragm technology and low resonance enclosures, it possesses excellent transient frequency response -agile and sharp - perfectly reproducing sophisticated percussion and piano modalities. You will hear music just the way it was recorded, without the speaker changing or altering the sound - precisely as it should be. Combined with its superb linear frequency response, the Primus PC251BK sparkles in the high frequencies to reproduce acoustic instruments and vocal tracks with robust midrange power to wash you in sound.
Primus. Where Home Theater Begins.
- With their excellent midrange clarity and three-way capabilities, the Infinity Primus PC251BK is the perfect home theater companion. Dialogue and foley tracks are articulated exceptionally well and seem to hang in the air - even amidst the most cacophonic battle or chase scene (or Hans Zimmer score). The Primus PC251BK brings long-term, plug-and-play, trouble-free enjoyment to your home theater, unheard of at this price point - and it is the perfect complement to any 5.1- or 7.1-channel home theater system.
Patented MMD Transducer Technology.
- Derived from our patented CMMD technology, the Metal Matrix Diaphragm (MMD) approach continues the Infinity tradition of using advanced materials to improve sonic accuracy. These diaphragms are much stiffer than standard metal ones - by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core, we're able to significantly improve cone performance and outperform cones made of paper, polypropylene or Kevlar material. By virtue of its extreme rigidity and resistance to resonance, MMD material is far more than just another diaphragm substance. It is an ideal diaphragm material for the ultimate listening experience. Sound propagates at a higher velocity in metals than in materials such as polymers and papers. Sound will travel through MMD material nearly twice as fast as it will through any other cone material - thus, moving unwanted resonances outside the audible range.
Superior Infinity Engineering.
- The Infinity Primus PC251BK's speaker drivers, baffles, cabinets and waveguides are designed to work seamlessly together as an integrated system - fitting together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. It begins with our ultra-precise transducers - the beating heart of the Primus PC251BK. MMD technology doesn't change, color or distort audio signal sound the way diaphragms made of other materials do. This combines with the Primus speaker's low resonance enclosures to compound the precision qualities of the transducer, further eliminating mechanical distortion.
Infinity - Legendary Reputation. Uncompromising Craftsmanship and Sound.
- With the Infinity Primus PC251BK, you not only experience the cutting edge in high-performance transducer technology and sound reproduction, you experience the cutting edge from the makers of Infinity products - some of the world's most innovative, high-quality audio equipment. The road to the Infinity Primus Series is a road lined with dozens of audio milestones: The Infinity Servo Statik 1a - the world's first powered subwoofer. The EMIT (Electromagnetic Induction Tweeter) device. The revolutionary IRS speaker - the world's first "reference""loudspeaker. The Prelude MTS speaker - the world's first powered tower speaker. Since 1968, innovative Infinity technologies, materials and manufacturing techniques have advanced the science of sound, and have set new standards in loudspeaker technology and performance. Infinity Primus Series speakers benefit from every Infinity innovation that has come before. This is where Infinity sound begins, and it's well within your reach.