Pair of P143 Primus Two-way 4-Inch Bookshelf/Satellite Speakers
The Infinity Primus Series: Where Infinity Sound Begins.
Prepare to raise your expectations. Experience home entertainment at a new level of clarity and realism. From unobtrusive bookshelf systems to dazzlingly powerful home theaters, there's an Infinity Primus speaker that's right for every purpose and room in your home. Most other speaker systems in the Primus price range sound as if they are spraying their sound at you tinny, hollow and reproduced a copy of a copy. With its MMD transducer technology and seamless component architecture working in unison to eliminate unwanted resonance modes, the Primus P143BK doesn't spray it immerses, rolling over the listener with warm, rich sound the way live music does. Pair it with any one of our powerful MMD-equipped floorstanding loudspeakers, subwoofers and center-channel speakers, and the Infinity Primus P143BK will fill any room with dramatic and well-defined sound. This is where Infinity sound begins, and its well within your reach.
- Two-way bookshelf/wall-mount loudspeaker
- 4" (100mm) MMD low-frequency driver
- 3/4" (19mm) MMD high-frequency driver
- Built-in wall mounts
- Legendary Infinity engineering - speaker components seamlessly work together as an integrated system
- Extremely low resonance enclosures - hear music exactly as it was recorded
- Tweeter waveguides improve on-and-off-axis high-frequency response
- Precision crossover networks
- Patented MMD transducers significantly improve cone performance, providing ideal rigidity and resistance to precision sound across the entire spectrum
Incredible Sound. Incredible Price.
- The Infinity Primus P143BK delivers excellent midrange reproduction, providing inner musical detail and ambiance from any type of music and any volume level. Combined with its excellent linear frequency response, the Primus P143BK sparkles in the high frequencies to reproduce acoustic instruments and vocal tracks with sufficient robust midrange power to wash you in sound. The Primus P143BK's transient response is equally impressive - agile and sharp - perfectly reproducing sophisticated percussion and piano modalities. With the Primus P143BK's Metal Matrix Diaphragm technology and low resonance enclosures, you will hear music just the way it was recorded, without the speaker changing or altering the sound - precisely as it should be.
Primus. Where Home Theater Begins.
- With its excellent high-frequency quality, the P143BK is the perfect home theater companion. Dialogue and foley tracks are articulated exceptionally well and seem to hang in the air - even amidst the most cacophonic battle or chase scene (or Hans Zimmer score). The Infinity Primus P143BK brings long-term, plug-and-play, trouble-free enjoyment to your home theater, unheard of at this price point - the perfect companion to Primus floorstanding speakers and subwoofers.
Patented MMD Transducer Technology.
- Derived from our patented CMMD technology, the Metal Matrix Diaphragm (MMD) approach continues the Infinity tradition of using advanced materials to improve sonic accuracy. These diaphragms are much stiffer than standard metal ones - by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core, we're able to significantly improve cone performance and outperform cones made of paper, polypropylene or Kevlar material. By virtue of its extreme rigidity and resistance to resonance, the MMD material is far more than just another diaphragm substance. It is an ideal diaphragm material for the ultimate listening experience. Sound propagates at a higher velocity in metals than in materials such as polymers and papers. Sound will travel through MMD material nearly twice as fast as it will through any other cone material - thus, moving unwanted resonances outside the audible range.
Superior Infinity Engineering.
- The Infinity Primus P143BK's speaker drivers, baffles, cabinets and waveguides are designed to work seamlessly together as an integrated system, fitting together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. It begins with our ultra-precise transducers - the beating heart of the Primus P143BK. MMD technology doesn't change, color or distort audio signal sound the way diaphragms made of other materials do. This combines with the Primus speaker's low resonance enclosures to compound the precision qualities of the transducer, further eliminating mechanical distortion.
Infinity - Legendary Reputation. Uncompromising Craftsmanship and Sound.
- With the Infinity Primus P143BK, you not only experience the cutting edge in high-performance transducer technology and sound reproduction, you experience the cutting edge from the makers of Infinity products - some of the world's most innovative, high-quality audio equipment. The road to the Infinity Primus series is a road lined with dozens of audio milestones: The Infinity Servo Statik 1a - the world's first powered subwoofer. The EMIT (Electromagnetic Induction Tweeter) device. The revolutionary IRS speaker - the world's first reference loudspeaker. The Prelude MTS speaker - the world's first powered tower speaker. Since 1968, innovative Infinity technologies, materials and manufacturing techniques have advanced the science of sound, and have set new standards in loudspeaker technology and performance. Infinity Primus Series speakers benefit from every Infinity innovation that has come before. This is where Infinity sound begins, and it's well within your reach.