This Headphone Package includes:
- 1 - HiFiMAN HE-400S Planar Magnetic Headphones (Black/Silver)
- 1 - Audioquest DragonFly Black v1.5 USB Digital-to-Analog Converter
HE-400S Planar Magnetic Headphones
Outstanding Sound Quality and Spatial Soundstage
Compared to traditional dynamic headphones, the planar magnetic technology offers largely superior sounding experience in terms of quality and soundstage. Dynamic headphones utilize conductors that vibrate in select areas of the diaphragm. This results in a large percentage of the diaphragm that cannot be directly driven by those conductors. Planar magnetic headphones are fundamentally different, and operate on a different technical principle. Firstly, the weight of the planar headphone (conductors + diaphragm) is much lower than that of the dynamic headphones. This results in planar headphones’ superior performance in treble. Therefore, the HE400S has a wide range of frequency response (20Hz-35KHz) to yield spatial expansion.
Moreover, planar headphones have conductive layers distributed throughout the surface of diaphragm. The diaphragm is evenly driven by the magnetic force so that planar headphones have significantly lower distortion when compared with conventional dynamic headphones. This lower distortion results in better overall reproduction of minute details. Instrumental positioning and imaging are improved, and the headphone has very natural soundstaging capabilities.
- Planar magnetic technology provides remarkable detail and lifelike clarity with superior soundstage and spatial imaging
- Lowest priced planar magnetic headphone on the market
- Increased efficiency so it is even easier to drive. Can be used with portable audio devices such as an iPod or smartphone or high performance amp
- Ergonomic headband provides optimum comfort and wide range of adjustment
- Lightest weight in class for increased comfort for hours of listening enjoyment.
- Beveled velour ear pads provide increased comfort and improved sound
- Newly-designed cable with easy plug-in connectors
- Benefit from the newest planar driver technology, HE400S headphones have extraordinary high sensitivity and low impedance (22 Ohm). In other words, they are one of the simplest to drive planar magnetic headphones. No longer are you tied to your bulky desktop amplifier, nor is a portable amplifier necessary to achieve optimal audio reproduction. You can listen to the music directly from your smartphone headphone output at reasonable volumes.
Lightweight and Ergonomic Design
- The innovative suspension headband and specially designed ear pads maximize and optimize your listening comfort, allowing you to enjoy your music for hours on end. Countless hours have been spent optimizing the design of these peripherals in order to maximize your listening enjoyment in both audio reproduction and comfort.
User-Replaceable Connector Design
- The cables are user-replaceable and have orientation indicators for left and right channel with a “L” and “R” symbol indicated inside the headband. The package includes one 1/4” 3.5mm connector so it can be used with a wide array of equipment via a mini 6.35mm plug. The plugs are easy to switch and replace if you wish to connect different cables or amplifiers.
DragonFly Black v1.5 USB Digital-to-Analog Converter
DragonFly Black is a USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) designed to deliver cleaner, clearer, more naturally beautiful sound from any computer, smartphone, or tablet. DragonFly Black’s unique design allows for playback of any file type regardless of resolution. Natively, DragonFly Black is capable of decoding 24-bit/96kHz data.
DragonFly Black Features:
- USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adapter)
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
- Medium output (1.2 volts) drives a wide range of headphones
- 32-bit ESS 9010 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Analog volume control
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 35kHz
- Impedance: 22 ohms
- Weight: 12.35oz (350g)
- Sensitivity: 98dB