AVR 1710S 7.2 Channel AV Receiver with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Spotify
Power, performance and more connectivity options than you’ll ever need: Introducing the Harman Kardon networked AVR 1710S, the answer to any entertainment enthusiast’s hunger for performance and versatility. It’s got muscle: up to 700 watts (100 watts per channel). Its 7.2-channel A/V receiver is equipped with HARMAN TrueStream Bluetooth connectivity, Apple AirPlay, vTuner Internet radio and DLNA 1.5 technology, giving you multiple options for streaming audio.
And with six 3D-ready HDMI inputs, including one equipped for MHL to connect mobile devices, and two HDMI outputs, you’ll have more than enough ways to connect to everything you love – movies, HDTV, sports, MHL-equipped devices and the Roku Streaming Stick dongle. While the AVR 1710S’ connectivity alone makes it desirable, its sound really strikes a chord. It’s the first Harman Kardon AVR to feature their exclusive Natural Sound Processing (NSP), which creates a rich, enveloping surround-sound from any source – particularly with two-channel streaming content.
This model is updated from the originally released AVR receivers, featuring the addition of Spotify Connect. You can directly connect and stream music from your smartphone or tablet right to the receiver, keeping you in charge of your music from the comfort of your couch.
And its EzSet/EQ III system automatically calibrates the AVR to your speakers and listening environment. The AVR 1710S is light, too, thanks to HARMAN GreenEdge certification – delivering all the power you need with low environmental impact. For those who want it all, the AVR 1710S can’t be matched.
Harman Kardon AVR 1710S AV Receiver Highlights:
- Bluetooth - Bluetooth technology allows you to listen to music everywhere you go, wirelessly.
- DLNA - Their DLNA Certified devices connect with other DLNA devices to deliver your favorite media.
- Remote App - Their Remote App allows control of your entire system with your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- USB - Enjoy multiple options for audio and video playback by connecting via the USB port.
- EzSet/EQ - The EzSet/EQ adjusts volume, delay-time settings and equalization so that you do not have to.
- Built-in FM Tuner - A built-in tuner allows to listen to FM radio stations without the need for an external radio source.
- Spotify Connect - NEW! Spotify Connect allows you to connect via smartphones and tablets to the receiver, to play your favorite music.
Harman Kardon AVR 1710S AV Receiver Features:
Seven 100-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-performance digital power supply
- The AVR 1710S high-performance audio/video receiver pumps out 100 watts per channel to power a full seven-channel surround-sound system. It can also connect to two powered subwoofers to provide enhanced low-frequency performance for all your entertainment. While the amplifier retains the time-tested, high-current-capacity (HCC), ultrawide-bandwidth Harman Kardon design to ensure the most accurate, dynamic sound with enhanced clarity and realism – even at the highest listening levels – a digitally based power supply gives the amplifiers all the muscle they need without the weight of traditional power-supply designs and their heavy transformers. The net result is a great-sounding AVR in a small form factor that’s friendly to the environment.
Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth and DLNA 1.5 technology
- The AVR 1710S can stream audio from virtually any portable device. For Apple devices, such as computers and the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, you can stream using the receiver’s built-in AirPlay technology. (AirPlay, vTuner and DLNA connections require a wired connection to a broadband network.) For other tablets, smartphones and laptops, you can take advantage of the AVR 1710S' integrated HARMAN TrueStream Bluetooth technology. A USB port is included on the front of the AVR so you can connect devices directly without an external adapter or a wireless connection. The AVR is also DLNA 1.5 compliant, which gives you multiple options for delivering content over your home network.
HARMAN TrueStream technology
- The HARMAN TrueStream guarantee ensures the best possible listening experience when you stream audio wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. HARMAN TrueStream tech selects the most current, most advanced wireless option to ensure the highest-quality sound, no matter what application or source device you use.
Six 3D-ready HDMI inputs, including one with MHL
- Six HDMI inputs with 3D and 30/36-bit Deep Color deliver high-definition digital video at resolutions up to 1080p with full-fidelity audio through a single cable. There is no loss of video or audio quality because of format conversion, just full-impact Hollywood excitement as its creators meant you to experience it. And with the AVR’s MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link), you can deliver high-definition audio/video content from your camera, phone, tablet or Roku Streaming Stick dongle directly to your HDTV via the AVR 1710S MHL connection.
Dual subwoofer outputs
- Is your listening room so large that you need two subwoofers to deliver the bass that you desire? That’s not a problem with the AVR 1710S, thanks to dual subwoofer outputs that give your system a big-time boost in low-frequency clarity and realism when needed.
Multiroom system with audio output and assignable amplifier
- Control the audio in separate rooms with a single receiver. Thanks to the AVR 1710S' assignable amplifiers, you can power the audio in a second room without adding additional components. That means you can watch sports in one room while you play the soothing sounds of classical music in another.
Front-panel USB port
- The AVR 1710S gives you multiple options for audio playback with its front-panel USB port. Simply connect an iPhone, iPad, iPod or USB stick to play your stored tracks through your home entertainment system. The integrated USB port also charges your iOS devices.
New, compact design
- The AVR 1710S takes the award-winning Harman Kardon look to a new level with a flush volume control and a more compact design aesthetic than earlier AVRs. Thanks to its light weight, made possible by an advanced digital power supply, the unit weighs less without sacrificing performance. It’s the perfect match for the thin glass shelves of today’s open TV/entertainment furniture.
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
- The AVR 1710S delivers high-resolution audio that matches the digital-video quality of Blu-ray Disc formats, unlocking the full potential of movie soundtracks formatted with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio coding. No matter what mode or mood you are in, you’ll always hear audio playback at its finest.
EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration
- The new HARMAN EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration process precisely adjusts the AVR 1710S' volume levels, speaker-distance/delay-time settings and equalization to optimize audio performance automatically for your specific speaker system and room conditions. The system features an easy-to-follow menu display and includes a plug-in calibration microphone.
HARMAN GreenEdge technology
- The HARMAN GreenEdge logo assures you that the AVR 1710S' design is environmentally friendly but won’t compromise the premium performance for which HARMAN products are known. Thanks to an advanced power supply, the AVR 1710S can deliver high-quality audio in a small, light chassis that uses less metal and plastic. The smaller design means minimal environmental waste and a small carbon footprint.
vTuner (Internet radio) streaming
- The AVR 1710S features vTuner connectivity to bring you a whole world of online audio entertainment. As soon as it’s out of the box, you can stream over-the-air radio stations from around the globe as well as a wide range of Internet-only radio stations.
Color-coded connectors and binding-post speaker terminals
- All connections on the AVR 1710S are color-coded to simplify hookup and reduce errors. The color-coded binding-post speaker terminals on all output channels accept banana plugs, pin connectors or bare wire to provide secure links for your speaker cables.
Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
- The AVR 1710S simplifies your life with a programmable infrared (IR) remote control. Its ergonomic design works seamlessly with the receiver’s multilingual on-screen display, guiding you through system setup and operation with consummate ease. The multidevice remote can also control your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and other playback sources. For further installation flexibility, there is a 12-volt trigger output and a remote IR sensor input.
Harman Kardon Remote app for compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Taking control to the next level, the Harman Kardon Remote app is available from the iTunes App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play service for Android products. It will let you use your compatible smartphone or tablet to drive the AVR 1710S without picking up the remote.
- Apple AirPlay
- Stereo Power: 100 watts per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.07% THD
- Multichannel Power (all channels driven): 100 watts per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.07% THD
- High Instantaneous Current Capability: ±42 amps
- Transient intermodulation distortion (TIM): Unmeasurable
- Slew rate: 40V/sec
- Power requirement: 120V AC/ 60Hz
- Power Consumption (full power/idle): less than 0.5W (standby); 510W maximum
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 4 3/4" x 17 5/16" x 11 13/16"
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance: 250mV/27k ohms
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A) (dB): 100dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Frequency Range (kHz): 522kHz – 1620kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): 38dB
- Usable Sensitivity (Loop): 500µV
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo): 1.0%
- Selectivity (+/ 10 kHz): 30dB
- Frequency Range (MHz): 87.5MHz – 108.0MHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IHF): 1.3µV/13.2dBf
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo dB): 70dB/68dB
- Distortion (1kHz, 50% mod): 0.2%/0.3%
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz (dB): 40dB
- Selectivity (+/ 10kHz): 70dB
- Image rejection: 80dB
- IF rejection: 80dB
- Television format: NTSC
- Input Level/Impedance (ohm): 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Output Level/Impedance (ohm): 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Video Frequency Response (Component Video): 10Hz – 8MHz (–3dB)
- HDMI 2.0: Supports up to 4K x 2K
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AVR 1710S 7.2 Channel AV Receiver
- 1 programmable remote control
- 1 EzSet/EQ lll microphone with 22' cable
- 1 AM loop antenna with 2' cable
- 1 FM antenna with 6' cable
- 2 AAA batteries
- 1 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide