AVR 1610S 5.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Spotify
There are countless ways to access and store your favorite media, from external hard drives to set-top cable boxes to smartphones. But if your home audio/video receiver doesn’t give you options for connecting to those media, it’s borderline useless. The Harman Kardon AVR 1610S gives you a simple way to connect to everything you love. This 425-watt, 5.1-channel, network audio/video receiver is loaded with options that let you access your media.
It features five 3D-ready HDMI inputs, including one compatible with MHL, so you’ll have more than enough ways to access content on your HD cable box, Blu-ray player, MHL-equipped portable devices, or Roku Streaming Stick dongle. It also includes DLNA 1.5 networking and HARMAN TrueStream Bluetooth technology so you can stream high-fidelity audio from your mobile devices. Regarding sound, the AVR 1610S features their exclusive Natural Sound Processing (NSP), which creates a rich, enveloping sound from any source – particularly with two-channel streaming content.
This model is updated from the originally released AVR receivers, featuring the addition of Spotify Connect. You can directly connect and stream music from your smartphone or tablet right to the receiver, keeping you in charge of your music from the comfort of your couch.
And to get the very best sound based on your speakers and listening environment, its new EZSet/EQ III process automatically calibrates the system. And with HARMAN GreenEdge technology, the AVR 1610S is environmentally friendly, too.
AVR 1610 Highlights:
- Bluetooth - Bluetooth technology allows you to listen to music everywhere you go, wirelessly.
- DLNA - Their DLNA Certified devices connect with other DLNA devices to deliver your favorite media.
- Remote App - Their Remote App allows control of your entire system with your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- USB - Enjoy multiple options for audio and video playback by connecting via the USB port.
- EzSet/EQ - The EzSet/EQ adjusts volume, delay-time settings and equalization so that you do not have to.
- Built-in FM Tuner - A built-in tuner allows to listen to FM radio stations without the need for an external radio source.
- Spotify Connect - Spotify Connect allows you to connect via smartphones and tablets to the receiver, to play your favorite music.
AVR 1610S Features:
Five 85-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-performance digital power supply
- The AVR 1610S high-performance audio/video receiver pumps out 85 watts per channel to power a full five-channel, networked surround-sound system. It can also connect to a powered subwoofer to provide enhanced low-frequency performance for all your entertainment. While the amplifier retains the time-tested Harman Kardon high-current capacity (HCC), ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier design to ensure the most accurate, dynamic sound with enhanced clarity and realism, even at the highest listening levels, a digitally based power supply gives the amplifiers all the wattage they need without the weight of traditional power-supply designs and their heavy transformers. The net result is a great-sounding AVR in a small form that is friendly to the environment.
Bluetooth technology and DLNA 1.5 compliance
- The AVR 1610S can stream audio from virtually any portable device. You can connect and charge Apple devices such as an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch directly to the front-panel USB jack and play back without the need for an external adapter. For other tablets, smartphones and laptops, you can take advantage of the AVR 1610S’ integrated HARMAN TrueStream Bluetooth technology. The AVR is also DLNA 1.5 compliant, which gives you more options for delivering content over your home network.
HARMAN TrueStream technology
- The HARMAN TrueStream certification ensures the best possible listening experience when you stream audio wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. HARMAN TrueStream tech delivers the most current, most advanced wireless-option to ensure the highest-quality sound, no matter what application or source device you use.
Built-in vTuner (Internet radio) streaming
- The AVR 1610S features vTuner Internet radio to connect you to a whole world of online audio entertainment. As soon as it’s out of the box, you can stream over-the-air radio stations from around the globe as well as stream from a wide range of Internet-only radio stations.
Five 3D-ready HDMI inputs, including one with MHL
- Five HDMI inputs with 3D and 30/36-bit Deep Color deliver high-definition digital video at resolutions up to 1080p with full-fidelity audio through a single cable. There is no loss of video or audio quality because of format conversion, just full-impact Hollywood excitement as its creators meant you to experience it.
Front-panel USB port for connection to compatible Apple products or USB sticks
- The AVR 1610S gives you multiple options for audio playback with its front-panel USB port. Simply connect an iPhone, iPad, iPod or USB stick to play your stored tracks through your home entertainment system.
- Whether it’s captured by your camera, phone or tablet, or streamed from a Roku Streaming Stick dongle, you can deliver high-definition audio/video content directly to your HDTV via the AVR 1610S' MHL connection.
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
- The AVR 1610S delivers high-resolution audio that matches the digital video quality of Blu-ray Disc formats, unlocking the full potential of movie soundtracks formatted with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding. No matter what mode or mood you are in, you’ll always hear audio playback at its finest.
EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration
- The new HARMAN EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration process precisely adjusts the AVR 1610S volume levels, speaker distance/delay time settings and equalization to optimize audio performance automatically for your specific speaker system and room conditions. The system features an easy-to-follow menu display and includes a plug-in calibration microphone.
HARMAN GreenEdge technology
- The HARMAN GreenEdge logo assures you that the AVR 1610S design is environmentally friendly without compromising the premium performance for which HARMAN products are known. Thanks to an advanced power supply, the AVR 1610S can deliver high-quality audio in a smaller, lighter chassis that uses less metal and plastic. The smaller design means that less fuel is used in transportation, with the end result being a lower carbon footprint.
New, compact design
- The AVR 1610S takes the award-winning Harman Kardon design look to a new level with a flush volume control and more compact design. Thanks to the light weight made possible by an advanced digital power supply, the unit weighs less without sacrificing performance so that it is the perfect match for the thin glass shelves of today’s open TV/entertainment furniture.
Color-coded connectors and binding-post speaker terminals
- All connections on the AVR 1610S are color-coded to simplify hookup and reduce errors. Color-coded binding-post speaker terminals on all output channels accept banana plugs (North America only), pin connectors or bare wire to provide secure links for your speaker cables.
Multidevice, programmable remote control
- The AVR 1610S simplifies your life with a programmable infrared (IR) remote control. It works seamlessly with the receiver’s multilingual on-screen display, guiding you through system setup and operation with consummate ease. The multidevice remote can also control your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and other playback sources. For further installation flexibility, there is a 12-volt trigger output and a remote IR sensor input.
Harman Kardon Remote app for compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Taking control to the next level, the Harman Kardon Remote app is available from the iTunes App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play service for compatible Android products. It will let you use your compatible smartphone or tablet to drive the AVR 1610S without picking up the remote.
Spotify Connect Compatibility
- This model is updated from the originally released AVR receivers, featuring the addition of Spotify Connect. You can directly connect and stream music from your smartphone or tablet right to the receiver, keeping you in charge of your music from the comfort of your couch.
- Stereo power: 85W per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.1% THD
- Multichannel Power (all channels driven): 85W per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.1% THD
- Device Compatibility: Bluetooth
- High Instantaneous Current Capability: ±29 amps
- Transient intermodulation distortion (TIM): Unmeasurable
- Slew Rate: 40V/sec
- Power Consumption (full power/idle): less than 0.5W (standby); 450W maximum
- Power Requirement: 120V AC / 60Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 4 3/4" x 17 5/16" x 11 13/16"
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Input Sensitivity/Impedence: 250mV/27k ohms
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A) (dB): 100dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Frequency Range (MHz): 522kHz - 1,620kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): 38dB
- Usable Sensitivity (Loop): 425μV
- Distortion (1kHz, 50% mod): 1.0%
- Selectivity (+/10kHz): 30dB
- Frequency Range (MHz): 87.5MHz – 108.0MHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IHF):1.3 μV/13.2dBf
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo dB): 70dB/68dB
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo): 0.2%/0.3%
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz (dB): 40dB
- Selectivity (+/ 10kHz): 70dB
- Image Rejection (dB): 80dB
- IF Rejection (dB): 80dB
- Television Format: NTSC
- Input Level/Impedence (ohm): 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Output Level/Impedence (ohm): 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Video Frequency Response (Composite/S-Video): 10Hz – 8MHz (–3dB)
- HDMI 2.0: Supports up to 4K x 2K
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AVR 1610S 5.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver
- 1 programmable remote control
- 1 EzSet/EQ lll microphone with 22" cable
- 1 AM loop antenna with 2' cable
- 1 FM antenna with 6' cable
- 2 AAA batteries
- 1 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide