- Discrete symmetrical power with dual screen technology cancels hum-inducing noise from audio and video
- Power Factor technology provides surplus current for power-starved amplifiers
- Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) for unequaled audio / video clarity
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) provides maximum AC surge suppression with Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and high current TVZ-MOV
- Three HD ready bidirectional coaxial surge suppression modules
- Detachable surge suppression module for telco and cable / satellite connectors
For over 33 years, Furman has pioneered the development of AC power products for the most demanding audio, video, and broadcast professionals. Though the need for pristine AC power is nothing new, the IT-REFERENCE 15i's technology and its unique implementation are revolutionary and without peer. The extreme AC demands encountered in the professional audio/ video arena have required technological developments far in excess of typical home theater/audiophile power products. In studios, live sound, and broadcast facilities, breakdown is unacceptable. Equipment failure or poor performance is costly. The same is true of today's home theater. Our solution-based technology, extensive engineering expertise, and robust build quality have answered the challenge of today's corrupted power lines, and led to the creation of the IT-REFERENCE 15i. Today's AC lines are plagued with ever increasing noise. When AC noise couples into your system's critical components, it masks low level signals and cripples performance. This low level content is critical because it relays the crucial harmonics and ambience in audio, and the depth and clarity in video. With Furman's exclusive Linear Filtering Technology, CD players, pre-amplifiers, satellite receivers, and scalers are fed linearly-filtered AC power. This dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak operation regardless of load conditions or the time of the day. For the first time, you will see and hear your theater or audio system as it should be uncompromised. Further, our Discrete Symmetrical Power features total isolation between the filtered-high current outlets, and the isolated symmetrical power AC outlet banks. This positively breaks noise-inducing ground loops, hum bars, and power supply backwash between critical interconnected equipment, all without compromising electrical safety. Furman's newly refined Dual-Screen Transformers yield the widest bandwidth of noise-reduction possible. This enables the IT-Reference 15i to uncover unprecedented levels of video and audio detail, while insuring that plasmas, LCD screens, or video projectors are free of AC ground contamination from an audio processor or power amplifiers. The IT-REFERENCE 15i also features comprehensive, virtually maintenance-free protection from voltage spikes and surges. This assures the highest level of AC protection possible, without sacrificing itself when the offending surge is severe no damaged equipment, no service calls, no down time. Additionally, the IT-REFERENCE 15i employs our unique Power Factor Technology circuit. With this technology, low-level analog, digital, and video components are not modulated or distorted via the power amplifier's extreme AC current demands. Instead, the power amplifier sees a highly filtered, extremely low-impedance supply of AC power. In fact, the IT-REFERENCE 15i has in excess of 4 Amps of continuous current reserve (over 55 amps peak charge) for the most extreme peak power demands. This technology enables power amplifiers and powered subwoofers to operate at peak efficiency and reach levels of performance previously unattainable. No longer will your amplifier's performance be at the mercy of your home's incoming AC power or inferior AC protection/filtering devices. The net effect is as if your power amplifier virtually doubled in power and improved immeasurably in quality. When employing the IT-REFERENCE 15i you will immediately notice far clearer, stunningly focused sound and visual images from your system. Video presentation will be crisp and colors true with greater gray and black scale definition, as well as noticeably improved depth and clarity. Sonic transients will be startlingly fast with bass fundamentals that shake foundations with their weight and visceral impact. Mid and high frequencies will bloom with sweet, non-glaring ease while imaging improves dramatically, all the while remaining true to your system's inherent virtues.
- AC Current Capacity: Input - 15 Amp capacity required
- Output - 11 - 15 Amps RMS * (maximum, all outlets combined - continous)
- Linear Noise Attenuation: Tranverse (Differential) Mode:
- > 40 dB from 10 kHz - 100 kHz, > 80 dB from 100 kHz - 1GHz
- (Linear attenuation curve from 0.05 - 100 ohms line impedance)
- Common Mode (video outlets):
- > 75 dB, 10 Hz - 50 kHz, > 40 dB 50 kHz - 1 MHz
- Outlets: 2 symmetrical balanced
- 5 linearly filtered
- 4 Power Factor corrected amplifier circuit - 4 amps RMS reserve - resistive load - over 55 amps peak charge
- Transient Voltage Surge Suppression: 120 VAC - Series Multi-Stage Protection - Non-Sacrificial with Zero Ground Contamination.
- (188 V peak clamping & 6000V / 3000A input)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (>137 VAC)
- Telco Cable / Satellite (less than .1dB insertion loss)
- Dimensions: 4 H x 17 W x 15.625 D
- (Standard 2 rack unit height without feet)
- Weight: 50 lbs.
- Power Consumption: 8.5 Watts for display and control circuits independant of actual load
- Safety Agency Listing: C-ETL
- Options: Rear rack mounting ears for standard 19 racks available (RRKIT-REF 15)
- Warranty: The IT-REFERENCE 15i is protected by a five year limited warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship. (See manual for details)
* Note:Due to the power factor correction circuit, available RMS power varies with the reactance of the load (vector). However, this only affects the circuit breaker for continuous RMS current draw. Since power amplifi ers will require high transient current demands, the IT-Reference 15i will never succumb to current compression. Quite the opposite, in fact, it will buffer the power amplifier's power supply, while lowering the AC input impedance, allowing power amplifiers to work more efficiently.