AC 215A Compact Power Conditional with Auto-Resetting Voltage Protection
AC 215A Highlights:
- Furman's exclusive SMP Technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available
- LiFT offers linear AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity
- Auto-Reset EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions
- LED indicators provide information on power quality and operational status of unit
- 10 amp rating featuring circuit breaker for added protection
- Zero ground contamination circuitry protects critical video circuits
- Compact chassis design easily attaches to any flat screen television mount or any other remote location
AC 215A Features:
SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus)
- Furman's SMP surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP. With Furman's SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated - no sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
- Unique to Furman's SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage, even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of - USA/CIDAs A-1-1 test. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
- Unfortunately, traditional AC filter/conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to reboot digital presets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
E.V.S. (Extreme Voltage Shutdown)
- Furman's trusted overvoltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Compact Chassis Design
- At only 1.75'H x 5'W x 8.5'D, and weighing in at only 3 lbs., the AC-215A's compact, low-profile design makes it ideal for mounting to the back of a flat-screen television, or anywhere that discretely located, remote power protection and purification are needed.
AC 215A Specifications:
- AC Current Capacity:
- Input - 10 Amp capacity required
- Output - 10 Amps RMS (both outlets combined)
- Linear Noise Attenuation:
- > 40 dB @ 100 kHz.
- >50 dB @ 500kHz(Linear attenuation curve from 0.05 to 100 ohms line impedance)
- Transient Voltage Surge Suppression:
- 120 VAC - Series Multi-Stage Protection
- Non-Sacrificial with Zero Ground Contamination.
- 188V peak clamping @ 6000V 3000A input
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (>135 VAC)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown: 137 VAC (Auto-Reset)
- Dimensions: 1.75 H x 5 W x 8.5 D
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Safety Agency Listing: cTUVus