Focal Utopia Overview
For the last 35 years, Focal has dedicated itself to developing top-of-the-line drivers and loudspeakers. So when the team set out to create headphones that could replicate the high-fidelity audio quality found in their loudspeakers, they knew they were in for a challenge. Three years later, they proved they were up for it by delivering the Utopia and Elear headphones.
Focal has dubbed Utopia its “flagship headphones,” and a quick peek at the specifics makes it easy to understand why. These reference, high-fidelity headphones have truly paved the way when it comes to reproducing audio that’s almost as good as an actual loudspeaker.
Featuring a built-in wide range loudspeaker (which has never been done before), beryllium drivers and open back, over-ear design, the Utopia headphones will transform your favorite (and least favorite) tunes. Hear chords, instruments and vocals you might have missed for years, and let yourself get taken away.
Add a carbon fiber yoke, leather headband and lambskin leather, memory foam earcups to the mix, and it’s clear Utopia leads the way in terms of natural, clear audio and luxurious design.See full details
- Open-back circumaural high-fidelity headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Built-in wide range loudspeaker
- Full-range speaker drivers with Beryllium ‘M’-shaped dome to reproduce natural, clear audio
- Leather headband, lambskin leather earcups and memory foam for superior comfort
- Carbon fiber yoke, creating a seamless and high-end design
- Balanced cable with channel separation for facet and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- 13-foot oxygen-free cables with ¼ inch stereo plug
- Two 3.5 mm connectors that lock into headphones
- 5-23,000 Hz frequency response
- 104 dB
- 80 Ohms
- Warranty: 1-year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and product support
Utopia are the reference pair of headphones from Focal. They are the result of more than 35 years of innovation, development and manufacturing of speakers and loudspeakers in France. As a world first, Utopia features the only wide range loudspeaker built within a pair of headphones, using pure Beryllium formed in the brand new « M » shape dome. The acoustic quality of this exclusive solution allowed Focal to avoid the use of any crossover or passive filtering process to achieve a frequency response from 5Hz to 40kHz!
The listening experience is outstanding in terms of realism, natural sound reproduction, dynamics and clarity. When listening to them, the headphones virtually disappear and the audio signal is revealed with a level of precision never achieved until Utopia. Design is also a key point, be it in regards to the way of using the headphones, comfort, as well as the aesthetic.
Another achievement with Utopia is the removal from the conventional rotation included on the yoke and its integration into the headband to ensure a total purity of the design. The Pittards leather, used on the cushions, reinforces the character of classically elegant lines, as well as the expression of comfort and overall performances.
- Open back circum-aural headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Reference pair of headphones featuring wide range loudspeakers made of a pure Beryllium “M” shape dome (patent pending)
- Mechanical design offering a full compatibility to any size and shaped head
- Balanced cable with channel separation for fast and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- Type: Circum-aural open back headphones
- Impedance: 32Ω • Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: <0,2% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL • Frequency response: 5Hz - 50kHz (+/- xx dB)
- Loudspeaker: 40mm (1.6“) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome • Weight: 490g (1.08lb)
- Cable length: 4m (13.1ft) • Connectors: 1 x Jack 6.35mm stereo – 2 x Lemo xx mm
- Carrying case: 220mm (8.6“) x 190mm (7.5“) x 100mm (3.9“)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Rigid carrying case with magnet locking system
- 4m (13.1ft) OFC cable (1 x Neutrik® 6.35mm (1/4“) stereo Jack neutrik® – 2 shielded Lemo® connectors with self-locking bayonet system