Focal Utopia Overview
For the last 35 years, Focal has dedicated itself to developing top-of-the-line drivers and loudspeakers. Focal has dubbed Utopia its “flagship headphones,” and a quick peek at the specifics makes it easy to understand why. These reference, high-fidelity headphones have truly paved the way when it comes to reproducing audio that’s almost as good as an actual loudspeaker.
Featuring a built-in wide range loudspeaker (which has never been done before), beryllium drivers and open back, over-ear design, the Utopia headphones will transform your favorite (and least favorite) tunes. Hear chords, instruments and vocals you might have missed for years, and let yourself get taken away. Add a carbon fiber yoke, leather headband and lambskin leather, memory foam earcups to the mix, and it’s clear Utopia leads the way in terms of natural, clear audio and luxurious design.
- Open-back circumaural high-fidelity headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Built-in wide range loudspeaker
- Full-range speaker drivers with Beryllium ‘M’-shaped dome to reproduce natural, clear audio
- Leather headband, lambskin leather earcups and memory foam for superior comfort
- Carbon fiber yoke, creating a seamless and high-end design
- Balanced cable with channel separation for facet and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- 9.8-foot OFC shielded cables with ¼ inch stereo plug
- Two 3.5 mm connectors that lock into headphones
- 5-50,000 Hz frequency response
- 104 dB
- 80 Ohms
- Warranty: 1-year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and product support
Open Back Design for an Exceptional Listening Experience
Manufactured in France, Focal is well-known for technical innovations like the Utopia Open Back Over Ear Headphones. The open back design of the over ear headphones gives you an all-around listening experience ideal for sitting at home or other low-noise environments. The aesthetically pleasing design is as functional as it is beautiful, and it reproduces audio signals with such purity it can transcend a listener. Utopia are the flagship headphones for the company and 35 years of innovation and development power has gone into making these over ear headphones, designing them to be an acoustic delight for music lovers everywhere.
One of a Kind Loudspeaker Built Right Into the Headphones
The built-in loudspeakers are made of an exclusive pure Beryllium ‘M’ shaped dome, turning the over ear headphones into a personal ported speaker that you can wear. The design of the ‘M’ shaped dome is rigid but extremely light, and the lightweight design makes for better acceleration and resolution of the sound. The Beryllium transfers sound velocity more than twice as fast as aluminum and is much more rigid while its unique open back design reduces trapped air behind the dome.
These technological innovations come together to produce amazing clarity, realism and dynamic sound. The Utopia Open Back Over Ear Headphones and wide range loudspeaker built within the headphones results in a frequency response of 5Hz to more than 50kHz without using any crossover or passive filtering process. This gives you as pure a sound as you could hope for from a set of headphones.
Mechanical Design Fits Any Size and Shape of Head
The carbon fiber yoke with a lambskin leather sheath on the headband provides ultimate listening comfort. Lambskin leather is also used on the ear cushions along with memory foam, so you get a soft feel and a light weight. Focal hasn’t passed on any little detail in the elegant design of the Utopia Open Back Over Ear Headphones. The mechanical design elements include a constant bend in the headband, evenly distributed weight throughout the headphones and an ideal setting of the yoke and ear pieces so that anyone can find the right fit. The sophisticated technology of the Utopia headphones is designed for comfort as much as it is for high end audio reproduction.
Easily Customizable with Balanced Cable Channel Separation
There's hardly any crosstalk in the totally symmetrical cable supplied with the Utopia Open Back Over Ear Headphones. The 3m cable is specifically selected to provide acoustic transparency and keep the original audio signal as pure as possible with very low impedance. Protective shielding allows for a convenient extended length without electromagnetic interference affecting the sound quality. The two shielded 9.5mm LEMO connectors have a self-locking bayonet design system and the 6.35mm NERO jack connector make the headphones customizable for your needs.
- Type: Circum-aural open back headphones
- Impedance: 32Ω • Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: <0,2% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL • Frequency response: 5Hz - 50kHz (+/- xx dB)
- Loudspeaker: 40mm (1.6“) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome • Weight: 490g (1.08lb)
- Cable length: 4m (13.1ft) • Connectors: 1 x Jack 6.35mm stereo – 2 x Lemo xx mm
- Carrying case: 220mm (8.6“) x 190mm (7.5“) x 100mm (3.9“)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Rigid carrying case with magnet locking system
- 4m (13.1ft) OFC cable (1 x Neutrik® 6.35mm (1/4“) stereo Jack neutrik® – 2 shielded Lemo® connectors with self-locking bayonet system