Utopia are the reference pair of headphones from Focal. They are the result of more than 35 years of innovation, development and manufacturing of speakers and loudspeakers in France. As a world first, Utopia features the only wide range loudspeaker built within a pair of headphones, using pure Beryllium formed in the brand new « M » shape dome. The acoustic quality of this exclusive solution allowed Focal to avoid the use of any crossover or passive filtering process to achieve a frequency response from 5Hz to 40kHz!
The listening experience is outstanding in terms of realism, natural sound reproduction, dynamics and clarity. When listening to them, the headphones virtually disappear and the audio signal is revealed with a level of precision never achieved until Utopia. Design is also a key point, be it in regards to the way of using the headphones, comfort, as well as the aesthetic.
Another achievement with Utopia is the removal from the conventional rotation included on the yoke and its integration into the headband to ensure a total purity of the design. The Pittards leather, used on the cushions, reinforces the character of classically elegant lines, as well as the expression of comfort and overall performances.
- Open back circum-aural headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Reference pair of headphones featuring wide range loudspeakers made of a pure Beryllium “M” shape dome (patent pending)
- Mechanical design offering a full compatibility to any size and shaped head
- Balanced cable with channel separation for fast and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- Type: Circum-aural open back headphones
- Impedance: 32Ω • Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: <0,2% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL • Frequency response: 5Hz - 50kHz (+/- xx dB)
- Loudspeaker: 40mm (1.6“) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome • Weight: 490g (1.08lb)
- Cable length: 4m (13.1ft) • Connectors: 1 x Jack 6.35mm stereo – 2 x Lemo xx mm
- Carrying case: 220mm (8.6“) x 190mm (7.5“) x 100mm (3.9“)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Rigid carrying case with magnet locking system
- 4m (13.1ft) OFC cable (1 x Neutrik® 6.35mm (1/4“) stereo Jack neutrik® – 2 shielded Lemo® connectors with self-locking bayonet system