Focal RCX-690 Overview
Looking to update some boring, lackluster speakers? Check out Focal’s RCX-690 6x9” 3-way car speakers. Utilizing a 3-way design that’s made up of polypropylene woofer cones, Mylar inverted dome tweeters, and Mylar inverted dome supertweeters, you’re guaranteed to get an upgrade in performance and, best of all, the speaker kit can run off of the existing radio or amplifier.
- 3-way triaxial speaker kit comprised of supertweeters, tweeters and 6x9” woofers
- Polypropylene woofers for clean mid-range and strong mid-bass performance
- Mylar inverted dome tweeters and supertweeters for clear and precise high-frequency reproduction
- Butyl rubber surround on woofers for long-lasting performance
- 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 80 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 160 watts
- Frequency response range: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Top-mount depth: 3-3/16”
- Grilles included
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Auditor Series by Focal
The 6x9” RCX-690 car triaxial speakers proudly carry on the audio legacy that Focal has proven time and time again. This speaker kit from the Focal’s Auditor series was built specifically with efficiency in-mind. Focal wanted to offer a speaker upgrade for your vehicle that didn’t necessarily require you to add an amplifier to power them. The RCX-690s will run just fine off the factory-installed or aftermarket radio that you currently have in the dash.
The woofers found in the RCX-690 triaxial speaker system are made of polypropylene to ensure articulate mid-range response and solid mid-bass performance. The cones are attached to the outer ring via a hardy and durable butyl rubber. Moving onto the tweeters and supertweeters, Focal’s engineers used Mylar inverted dome tweeters that will run quite well off very little power, but sound very true-to-life.
Easy to Install
As we mentioned earlier, these car triaxial speakers will rise to the occasion even if they are only being powered from the factory-installed sound system, so you don’t have to necessarily install an amplifier (unless you’re looking to up the ante), but that’s not the only reason why these speakers are exceptional: they also fit extremely well into most vehicle’s doors or the rear package shelf, so you don’t have to worry about modifying the existing locations to fit the new speakers. You should spend more time enjoying the speakers, not installing them!
Allow Us to Suggest…
If you already have an amplifier in the mix to power the speakers (or you don’t plan on incorporating one at this time), the next thing we would suggest is to use a Dynamat Xtreme door kit to provide sound insulation. In doing so, you’ll receive better mid-bass performance as well as help reduce incoming road noise through your vehicle’s thin metal doors so you can better hear your new speakers. There is enough Dynamat Xtreme material in this kit to provide sound insulation for a pair of doors.
- Diameter: 6x9" (164 x 235mm)
- Mounting Depth: 3-3/16" (80.5mm)
- Voice-Coil Diameter: 1-3/8" (35mm)
- Tweeter: Mylar, inverted dome
- Cone: Polypropylene
- Max Power: 160W
- Nominal Power: 80W
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 92dB
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 21kHz
- Accessories: Supplied grilles
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of RCX-690 speakers
- One pair of grilles
- Mounting hardware
- Owner's manual