Focal PS 165 V1 Overview
Focal’s 6-1/2” PS 165 V1 car component speakers blend tried-and-true materials (like Polyglass woofer cones) and quality craftsmanship to offer you a well-rounded and truly stunning-sounding component speaker system.
- 2-way component speaker kit comprised of tweeters, 6-1/2” woofers, and crossovers
- Polyglass woofers for strong midrange presence and hard-hitting mid-bass performance
- Processed aluminum inverted dome tweeters for detailed highs
- Butyl rubber surround on woofers for long-lasting performance
- 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 80 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 160 watts
- Frequency response range: 60Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 92.5dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-5/8”
- Grilles included
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Polyglass Woofer Cones
A truly unique aspect of the 6-1/2” PS 165 V1 car component speakers is the Polyglass woofers that are in the kit. Polyglass is the final result of adhering very small glass balls to a pulp woofer cone. The woofers remain lightweight, but surprisingly strong which translates into strong and clear bass response. Durable rubber surrounds keep the woofer cones firmly attached to the chassis of the speaker for long-lasting performance.
Detailed High Frequency Response
The processed aluminum inverted dome tweeters sound quite detailed, but don’t go into that “tinny” sound that many people prefer not to hear. The inverted dome tweeter design does a superb job of dispersing the high-frequency response in wider pattern in comparison to a traditional tweeter design, so you’ll hear more detail and great sound separation from the driver’s seat.
The compact crossovers that are included with the Focal PS 165 V1 speakers not only distribute the audio to the appropriate speakers (tweeters or woofers), they also give tuning capability to the speakers. Like what, you might ask? The crossovers each have a 3-level tweeter adjustment switch that controls the crossover point for the tweeter outputs of each crossover. This can help you achieve the perfect sound for your seat. The crossovers also have a unique characteristic: they can be separated to make installation easier (like if you had to mount the tweeter crossover near the tweeters and woofer crossover near the woofers, for example). Pretty cool, huh?
Allow Us to Suggest…
To properly power these speakers (assuming you are using just a pair of PS 165 V1 speakers in your setup), we would recommend a 2-channel amplifier that is stable at 4 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 4 ohms would fall around 80 watts per channel.
The next thing we would suggest is to use a Dynamat Xtreme door kit to provide sound insulation. In doing so, you’ll receive better mid-bass performance as well as help reduce incoming road noise through your vehicle’s thin metal doors so you can better hear your new speakers. There is enough Dynamat Xtreme material in this kit to provide sound insulation for a pair of doors.
- Woofer: Polyglass cone
- Chassis: Aluminum-rigid and non-magnetic
- Max Power: 160W
- Nominal Power: 80W
- Sensitivity: 92.5dB
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of woofers
- One pair of tweeters
- One pair of woofer crossovers
- One pair of tweeter crossovers
- One pair of grilles w/ mounting rings
- 2 woofer gaskets
- 2 tweeter flush mount cups
- 2 tweeter surface mount cups
- Mounting hardware
- Owner's manual