Are you looking to get incredible sound from a not-so-ideal location? Check out the Focal PC165 6.5" coaxial speaker kit! It features a Polyglass midbass driver paired to an angled tweeter mount that holds an inverted aluminum dome tweeter. You can rotate this tweeter mount to aim your music towards your ears! This allows you to get full, rich sound from the boring OEM speaker locations.
Focal PC165 Feature:
- From Focal's Expert line.
- Aluminum inverted tweeters for accurate sound reproduction.
- Polyglass cone woofer for rich, full sound reproduction.
- Integrated crossovers to help keep the drivers protected.
Expert PC 165 6.5" 2-way Coaxial Speaker System
Get the most from a factory-installed speaker location with the Focal PC165 6.5" coaxial speaker system. The Polyglass midbass drivers mate well to the processed aluminum tweeters to give you rich, powerful sound. Small details in the music will leap to out to you like never before. Tracks you've listened to for years will sound like new. They are efficient enough to run off of an aftermarket radio, but if you add an amplifier into the fold to power these speakers, you will receive a huge boost in sound quality.
- 6.5" 2-way premium coaxial system
- Processed aluminum 3/4" inverted dome tweeters
- Polyglass woofer cones
- High sensitivity
A lot of thought went into the engineering and fabricating of the Expert series coaxial speakers.
Let's start with the woofer cones. Focal took pulp, dried it into shape, and adhered micro glass balls to it. This made the resulting cone very strong, but also lightweight. What does that mean? Efficiency. You don't need tons of power to drive these speakers. They sound very good running off of the power from a radio, but can sound even better with an amplifier put into the fray. The midbass drivers offer rich and dynamic bass response coupling well with stellar mid-range frequency reproduction.
The tweeters are made from a processed aluminum and are installed into angled mounts that are attached to a rotatable center pole piece. This combination allows you to spin the tweeter to have it send the high frequencies up to your ears instead of firing into your leg like a traditional coaxial speaker system would. You get to hear more of the details in the music which will make it more enjoyable to listen to.
- Polyglass cone woofers
- Processed aluminum inverted dome tweeters
- Nominal power range: 18-60 watts
- Peak power handling: 120 watts
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 93.6 dB
- Frequency response: 60Hz - 20kHz
- Top-mount depth: 2-5/8"
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Accessories: supplied grilles
What's in the Box
- Two 6.5" coaxial speakers
- Two grilles w/ plastic grille mounting rings
- Owner's manual
- Two closed-cell foam mounting gaskets
- Focal window decal
- Small bag of mounting hardware (speed clips and screws)