Focal IS 165 VW Overview
Check out Focal’s IS 165 VW 2-way component speakers if you’re looking for a serious upgrade in audio performance from your late-model Volkswagen. Focal’s engineers made it simple to perform the installation as they included the necessary parts to get the job done in a timely manner. You’ll love the clean, loud sound that you’re going to receive from your new speaker system.
- 2-way Volkswagen-specific component speaker kit comprised of tweeters, 6-1/2” woofers, and installation tools/connectors
- Woven fiberglass woofer cones for dynamic mid-bass performance
- Aluminum inverted dome tweeters for detailed highs
- Rubber surround for long-lasting performance
- 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 60 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 120 watts
- Frequency response range: 60Hz – 20kHz
- Warranty: 1 year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Built for Volkswagen
As we mentioned earlier, the Focal IS 165 VW speakers were built for select VW models to not only improve the sound quality, but also be a breeze to install. Focal included the necessary hardware to get the job done, too, so you’re not rummaging around in your toolbox. Focal opted to not include speaker grilles in this kit as you will simply reuse the ones that VW has in-place currently. The car will look just like it did before the speaker upgrade!
Superior Components for Superior Sound
Each IS 165 VW kit is painstakingly crafted to deliver the best-possible sound. Woven fiberglass woofers belt out strong mid-range response while also delivering hard-hitting bass performance. To handle the high-frequency reproduction, Focal relied on their tried-and-true inverted aluminum dome tweeters. These things sound clear and detailed throughout the volume spectrum. While this kit was designed to run well off of the current system, if you’re looking to up the ante, consider a small amplifier to complement them. See more on that in the paragraph below.
Allow Us to Suggest…
If you’re interested in getting the most out of this component speaker system (assuming you are using only a single IS 165 VW in your setup), we would recommend a 2-channel amplifier that is stable at 4 ohms per channel. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 4 ohms would fall around 60 watts.
The next thing we would suggest is to use a Dynamat Xtreme door kit to provide sound insulation. In doing so, you’ll receive better mid-bass performance as well as help reduce incoming road noise through your vehicle’s thin metal doors, so you can better hear your new speakers. There is enough Dynamat Xtreme material in this kit to provide sound insulation for a pair of doors.
- Woofer: 6-1/2" (165mm)
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Voice Coil Height: 7/16" (11.6mm)
- Magnet: 3-1/3" (85mm)
- Tweeter: Aluminum inverted dome TN44
- Crossover: 0/6dB
- Max Power: 120 Watts
- RMS Power: 60 Watts
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Bandwidth: 60Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of woofers
- One pair of tweeters
- Installation instructions
- Owner's manual