Focal FDP 4.600 Overview
Focal’s FDP 4.600 600-watt 4-channel car audio amplifier is a monster of an amplifier built into a compact chassis thanks to the digital amplifier design that was employed in its construction. It’s small enough to fit under a seat, but strong enough to power just about any set of speakers that exist.
- 4-channel amplifier
- 150 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- 200 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
- 400 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D technology for efficiency
- Variable high-pass filter on channels 1 & 2 (50-4,000Hz, 12dB/octave)
- Variable high-pass or low-pass filters on channels 3 & 4 (50-4,000Hz, 12dB/octave)
- Bandpass filter available on channels 3 & 4 (uses both high-pass and low-pass filters simultaneously)
- Aftermarket radio integration via pre-amp inputs
- Included wired remote so you can dial in the proper amount of bass response from the driver’s seat (if the amplifier has a subwoofer connected to it)
- 4-gauge power/ground inputs (power kit sold separately)
- Product dimensions (WxHxD): 10-1/16”W x 2”H x 8”D
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Compact but Mighty
The Focal FDP 4.600 is capable of pushing out 200 watts per channel at 2 ohms from a chassis that is small enough to fit under the front seat of many vehicles. The Class D technology that was used in this amplifier is designed to help deliver maximum power efficiently so that heat buildup doesn’t become an issue.
Most 4-channel amplifiers can boast about being able to be used in 4-channel, 3-channel, and 2-channel modes, but very few of them have the power output that the FDP 4.600 has. This amplifier is flexible in regard to it can be used to power speakers or subwoofers (or even both), so as you change your system’s layout, you just simply need to do some basic rewiring of the amplifier to adapt to your needs.
The on-board controls on the FDP 4.600 give you a lot of tunability over the attached speakers or subwoofers. The high-pass filters and low-pass filters will direct the appropriate audio frequencies to your speakers. As a bonus, the amplifier is also capable of bandpass mode which uses both the high-pass and low-pass filters at the same time (commonly, you can use only one or the other at a time). This is great feature to have if you’re looking to send a very specific frequency range to the connect speaker(s).
Control from the Driver’s Seat
Included with the Focal FDP 4.600 amplifier is a wired bass knob that can be ran to a convenient location up near the driver’s seat so you can quickly and easily adjust the amount of bass response by simply spinning the knob in the appropriate direction. Please note that this convenience is for a subwoofer that you have hooked up to the amplifier. It also has a LED clip light on it which will alert you if the output of the amplifier is clipping so you can make the necessary adjustments to stop it from occurring. Handy, huh?
Looking for a different amplifier configuration? The Focal FDP-series is also available in a monoblock model.
- Power into 4 Ohms: 150 x 4 RMS
- Power into 2 Ohms: 200 x 4 RMS
- Bridged Mode into 4 Ohms: 400 x 2 RMS
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 25kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB (A)
- Adjustable Gain: 200mV to 19V
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10" x 2" x 7-3/4" (254 x 50 x 196mm)
- Protections: Short-circuit, thermal overload, polarity reversal, DC
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One FDP 4.600 amplifier
- Remote subwoofer knob w/ 16.5' wire
- Installation accessories
- Owner's manual