Focal FDP 1.900 Overview
Focal’s FDP 1.900 900-watt full-range car audio amplifier is a monster of an amplifier built into a compact chassis thanks to the digital amplifier design that was employed in its construction. It’s small enough to fit under a seat, but strong enough to power just about anything you can find: either speakers or subwoofers.
- Monoblock full-range amplifier
- 550 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 900 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D technology for efficiency
- Variable high-pass filter (10-4,000Hz, 24dB/octave)
- Variable low-pass filter (40-350Hz, 24dB/octave)
- Variable 6dB bass boost
- Variable phase control (0-180 degrees)
- Aftermarket radio integration via pre-amp inputs
- Included wired remote so you can dial in the proper amount of bass response from the driver’s seat
- 4-gauge power/ground inputs (power kit sold separately)
- Product dimensions (WxHxD): 10-1/16”W x 2”H x 8”D
- Product weight: N/A
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Lots of Power
You can get 900 watts of continuous power output from the Focal FDP 1.900 car amplifier if the attached subwoofer system (or speaker) has an impedance of 2 ohms. That’s a LOT of power from an amplifier that measures only 10-1/16” wide, 2” tall, and 8” deep. If the final impedance of the attached speaker or subwoofer is 4 ohms, the amplifier still outputs a meaty 550 watts. Think about that for a second: the amplifier can go under a front seat, but really rock a high-performance system. That’s impressive.
The FDP 1.900 amplifier is, indeed, a full-range amplifier. Most folks would probably employ it to drive a premium subwoofer setup, but you could use a couple of these amplifiers to drive a power-hungry, high-performance set of speakers. This versatile design ensures that this amplifier has found a home in your collection for the long haul.
Since the amplifier is a full-range piece, it has a high-pass filter (variable, 10Hz – 4,000Hz) and a low-pass filter (variable, 40Hz – 350Hz) built-in to help you get the most from your system. It also has a variable bass boost control if you need to squeeze some more bass response from the connected subwoofer enclosure.
Control from the Driver’s Seat
Included with the Focal FDP 1.900 amplifier is a wired bass knob that can be ran to a convenient location up near the driver’s seat so you can quickly and easily adjust the amount of bass response by simply spinning the knob in the appropriate direction. It also has a LED clip light on it which will alert you if the output of the amplifier is clipping so you can make the necessary adjustments to stop it from occurring. Handy, huh?
Looking for a different amplifier configuration? The Focal FDP-series is also available in a 4-channel model.
- Power into 4 Ohms: 550 x 1 RMS
- Power into 2 Ohms: 900 x 1 RMS
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB (A)
- Bass Boost: 0 to +6dB @ 40 Hz
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 25kHz
- Continuous Phase Adjustment: 0-180 degrees
- Adjustable Gain: 200mV to 19V
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10" x 2" x 7-3/4" (254 x 50 x 196mm)
- Protections: Short-circuit, thermal overload, polarity reversal, DC
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One FDP 1.900 amplifier
- Remote subwoofer knob w/ 16.5' wire
- Installation accessories
- Owner's manual