Focal's PS165F 6.5" 2-way component speaker kit consists of an innovative design: a midbass driver that is made from flax. Paired with aluminum/magnesium blend tweeters and a couple of crossovers, this system is pure audio utopia. Full, life-like sound is possible and these speakers prove it.
Focal PS165F Feature:
- From Focal's Expert line.
- Aluminum/Magnesium blend inverted dome tweeters for accurate sound.
- Flax W-sandwich cone for sound that isn't colored by the woofer material.
- Included crossovers for protection and tuning options.
PS165F Expert Flax 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System
There's a reason why the Focal flax speakers took the car audio world by storm in 2014: they sound absolutely amazing. You have to hear them to believe them.
- 6.5" premium 2-way component system
- Aluminum/Magnesium-blend 1" inverted dome tweeters
- Flax harvested in France make up the woofer cones
- Two crossover networks
- Serial number is pressed into the woofer's butyl rubber surround
The midbass driver is made from flax harvested in France and is sandwiched between two thin layers of fiberglass to help them keep shape and to protect them from adverse weather conditions. These woofers are capable of producing natural-sounding tones without coloration that's found to run rampant in plastic-coned woofers. This means that with the PS165F speakers, you can expect dynamic bass response coupled with engaging mid-range frequencies. The phase plug in the center of each woofer ensures that there are no standing frequencies interrupting your audio experience.
The processed aluminum/magnesium-blend inverted dome tweeters offer a great mix of smoothness and clarity without directivity. This is great for those people who are stuck installing the tweeters in a less-than-ideal location in their vehicle. You will be able to hear all of the small, undiscovered nuances in your favorite music. It's akin to hearing those tracks for the first time.
A pair of passive crossover networks are included in this speaker kit. Focal does offer some tuning capability inside of the crossovers in case you are limited in tuning because of your existing radio or amplifier.
- Flax cone woofers sandwiched between thin layers of fiberglass
- Aluminum/Magnesium-blend inverted dome tweeters
- Nominal power range: 18-70 watts
- Peak power handling: 140 watts
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 87.8 dB
- Frequency response: 60Hz - 28kHz
- Top-mount depth: 2-15/16"
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Accessories: supplied grilles
What's in the Box
- Two 6.5" midbass drivers w/ grilles (and plastic grille mounting rings)
- Two Aluminum/Magnesium-blend 1" inverted dome tweeters w/ grilles
- Two passive crossover networks
- Owner's manual
- PS165F serial number card
- Two angled surface mounting cups for tweeters
- Two flush-mount cups for tweeters
- Two tweeter flush-mount clamps
- Two closed-cell foam midbass driver gaskets
- Focal window decal
- Small bag of mounting hardware (speed clips and screws)