Focal ES 130 K Overview
The ES 130 K 5-1/4” 2-way car component speakers from Focal are impressive, to say the least. Kevlar woofer cones, aramid woven fiber inverted dome tweeters, and the Tuned Mass Damper (TMD) rubber surround are just a few of the pieces of this complex, but super-sounding, speaker system.
- 2-way component speaker kit comprised of tweeters, 5-1/4” woofers, and a pair of crossovers
- Kevlar sandwich woofer cones for clean mid-range and dynamic mid-bass performance
- Aramid fiber “M”-shaped inverted dome tweeters for exquisite highs and excellent sound dispersion
- Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surround to minimize distortion
- 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 80 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 160 watts
- Frequency response range: 65Hz – 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-3/8”
- Grilles included
- Warranty: 1 year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Home Audio Sound, but for the Car
Most people think that it’s impossible to get really rich, clean sound from a car audio environment. That’s not true and the sound gurus at Focal prove it with the ES 130 K speakers. The 5-1/4” 2-way K2 Power component kit is comprised of some of the finest materials available to produce some really incredible sound. You won’t believe your ears.
Sandwiched Kevlar Woofer Cones and TMD® Surrounds
You might be familiar with Kevlar: it’s used in bulletproof vests, racing sails, bicycle tires, and many other things. It’s 5 times strong than steel, but quite light. It’s no wonder Focal turned to this material to use as woofer cones for their K2 Power line of speakers. Sandwiched between to ultra-thin layers of glass fiber, the Kevlar woofers are extremely musically accurate and a joy to listen to. To help minimize distortion, Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surrounds are used to keep the woofers firing cleanly and accurately.
“M”-Shaped Woven Aramid Fiber Tweeters
The 13/16” tweeters found in the ES 130 K are just as unique as the woofers: they are a testament to Focal’s sound engineers unwilling to compromise on their quest to achieve perfection. The tweeters reproduce high-frequency response with stunning clarity without sounding “harsh” thanks to the woven aramid fiber design. The sound is less directional than tweeters from other manufacturers thanks to the “M”-shaped inverted dome tweeter that Focal employs that is capable of wider dispersion.
Allow Us to Suggest…
To properly power these speakers (assuming you are using just a pair of ES 130 K speakers in your setup), we would recommend a 2-channel amplifier that is stable at 4 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 4 ohms would fall around 80 watts.
The next thing we would suggest is to use a Dynamat Xtreme door kit to provide sound insulation. In doing so, you’ll receive better mid-bass performance as well as help reduce incoming road noise through your vehicle’s thin metal doors, so you can better hear your new speakers. There is enough Dynamat Xtreme material in this kit to provide sound insulation for a pair of doors.
- Diameter: 5″ (130mm)
- Voice coil diameter: 1″ (25mm)
- Voice coil height: 0-1/2(12mm)
- Motor: Magnet
- Tweeter: TKM (“M” profile aramid fiber inverted dome)
- Cone: Composite K2 Power “W” sandwich cone
- Surround: Tuned Mass Damper (TMD)
- Separated crossover: 6-12/12dB (3.5kHz)
- Tweeter adjustable level: +3; 0; -3dB/oct
- Max power: 160W
- Nominal power: 80W RMS
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
- Frequency response: 65Hz-22kHz
- Impedance:4 Ω
- Included: Supplied grilles
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of woofers
- One pair of tweeters
- One pair of crossovers
- One pair of tweeter flush-mount cups
- One pair of tweeter angled-mount cups
- One pair of woofer grilles w/ mounting rings
- One pair of woofer gaskets
- One pair of tweeter grilles
- 8 speed clips
- Mounting hardware
- One pair of Focal window stickers
- Owner's manual
Customer Reviews for Focal ES 130 K 5-1/4" K2 Power 2-Way Component Speakers
7 months ago
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
The crossover settings are really based on the installation, acoustics of the vehicle, positioning of the speakers, etc. If the crossovers are easily accessible, you can certainly play with the settings and listen to an audio track you're very familiar with to see which settings work best for you and your car. Hope this helps and good luck!