Focal Elear Overview
For the last 35 years, Focal has dedicated itself to developing top-of-the-line drivers and loudspeakers. So when the team set out to create headphones that could replicate the high-fidelity audio quality found in their loudspeakers, they knew they were in for a challenge. Three years later, they proved they were up for it by delivering the Elear and Utopia headphones.
With the Focal Elear headphones, you get most of the technical features found in their flagship model, Utopia. They have a wide range loudspeaker built right in, which has never been seen before. They also feature an open back, over-ear design to make your music sound even more pure and clear. As a result, the Elear over-ear headphones are a treat for any music lover who wants their tunes to sound as crisp and full as when listening to their stereo system.
As for comfort and design, these over-ear headphones feature a solid aluminum yoke, leather headband and microfiber memory foam ear cushions.
Now all you need are your favorite albums, and you’re ready to get swept away...See full details
- Open-back circumaural headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Built-in wide range loudspeaker
- 40 mm dynamic speaker drivers with aluminum/magnesium ‘M’-shaped dome to reproduce natural, clear audio
- Microfiber fabric on cushions for comfort that suits all head shapes and sizes
- Solid aluminum yoke for a seamless design
- Balanced cable with channel separation for facet and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- 13-foot oxygen-free cables with ¼ inch stereo plug
- Two 3.5 mm connectors that lock into headphones
- 5-23,000 Hz frequency response
- 104 dB
- 80 Ohms
- 1-year warranty (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and product support
Exclusive 'M' Shaped Dome for a Natural Sound
The Elear Open Back Over Ear Headphones is the younger sibling to the flagship Utopia series from Focal but make no mistake, these over-ear headphones are designed for the serious audiophile. The exclusive ‘M’ shaped dome provides accurate, natural sound and the open back concept reduces trapped air. The design targets quiet environments with a remarkable sensation of realism no matter the room size. The headphone’s domes are made from an Aluminum and Magnesium blend that is lightweight and offer exceptional performance.
Built In Wide-Range Loud Speakers
Focal is the first in the world to build a wide range loudspeaker right into their headphones. The 40mm dynamic drivers emulate the sound of high end loudspeakers. The loudspeaker delivers a dynamic, realistic sound reproduction over a wide frequency response range. The technology allows Focal to avoid using any crossover or passive filtering process giving a pure sound.
Designed For Optimized Comfort
Focal is famous for its attention to detail when it comes to sound engineering. It puts the same effort into the design, look and feel of the Elear Open Back Over-Ear Headphones. The leather headband and solid aluminum yoke is an impressive piece of style and comfort. The mechanics are different than traditional headphones, the headband has a constant bend regardless of the listener’s head size, and the attachment points connecting the yoke is asymmetrical which improves the clamping pressure and ensures an excellent seal and increased comfort.
High-End Materials for a High-End Sound
Every material chosen for the Elear Open-Back Over-Ear Headphones was picked for its performance, comfort and light weight. To reduce the weight, Focal uses an aluminum yoke, leather headband and microfiber ear cushions. Lightweight materials were also installed in the voice coil, the magnet and the dome. The aluminum and magnesium blend used in the drivers provides a striking sound quality rich in natural and realistic sound. All of these decisions were aimed at making the moving assembly lightweight, so the headphones can reproduce the highest frequencies.
Customizable Cable With Channel Separation
A 3m cable, 3.5mm jack connector with a locking mechanism and a 6.5mm stereo jack makes the over-ear headphones easily customizable. Focal is able to make the cable so long because of the type of shielding used. It resists electromagnetic interference which allows the listener to be farther away from the jack without worrying about distortion. The easy to use headband and sophisticated design of the headphones fit all ear shapes and head sizes so the listener can just sit back and enjoy the music however they want.
- Type: Circumaural open back headphones
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: <0.3% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 23kHz (+/- xx dB)
- Loudspeaker: 40mm (1.6“) Aluminum-Magnesium M-shape dome
- Weight: 450g (0.99lb)
- Cable length: 4m (13.1ft)
- Connectors: 1 x 6.35mm (1/4“) stereo Jack connector – 2 x 3.5mm (0.14“) Jack
- Carrying case: 220mm (8.6“) x 190mm (7.5“) x 100mm (3.9“)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Elear Open Back Over-Ear Headphones
- Soft-touch case with black accents
- 4m straight cable with digital connectors
- Owners manual