Focal E 25 KX Overview
Would you like to own one of the best-sounding 10” subwoofers on the market? If you answered “yes,” check out Focal’s E 25 KX 10” car subwoofer. Focal’s engineering gurus blended unique materials and technologies to offer you a truly remarkable subwoofer.
- 10” subwoofer
- “W” woofer cone comprised of a Kevlar core sandwiched between glass composite
- Hardy rubber surround for long-lasting performance
- Dual 4-ohm voice coil design for higher power handling as well as different wiring configurations
- Up to 600 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 1200 watts
- Frequency response range: 25Hz – 500Hz
- Sensitivity: 84.5dB
- Mounting depth: 5-7/8”
- Sealed box volume: 0.60 – 0.77 cubic feet
- Ported box volume: 0.88 – 1.05 cubic feet
- Product dimensions (WxHxD): N/A
- Product weight: N/A
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Aramid Fiber/Foam/Glass Fiber Sandwich Cone
The key to success with the E 25 KX 10” car subwoofer from Focal is the woofer cone materials as well as its construction. The woofer cone uses a strong foam core with a thin layer or Aramid fiber laid across the front of it while a layer of glass fiber lines the rear of it. The resulting cone is very strong, but also very lightweight. This permits the subwoofer to attain excellent sound quality and deep, low, undistorted bass response. A hardy rubber surround keeps this cone attached to the chassis of the subwoofer so you get to enjoy this superb bass response for years to come.
Dual Voice Coil Design
The E 25 KX subwoofer features dual 4-ohm voice coils that are put into place for two very important reasons: 1) the subwoofer can handle more power (up to 600 watts continuously!) which is more than its predecessor and 2) the voice coils can be wired in different ways to change the final impedance of the subwoofer to pull either more or less power from the amplifier that it’s connected to. This type of versatility is especially helpful when you’re using more than one E 25 KX in your setup.
Hand-Assembled in France
The K2 Power E 25 KX 10” subwoofer not only boasts some of the finest materials that a subwoofer can be crafted from, it’s also lovingly put together by hand in Focal’s facility in France. Each subwoofer is put together by audio enthusiasts and tested thoroughly to verify that each and every subwoofer is ready for its new home: your car, truck, or SUV.
Allow Us to Suggest…
To properly power this subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single E 25 KX in your setup and the voice coils are wired in parallel to present a final impedance of 2 ohms), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 2 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 2 ohms would fall around 600 watts.
- Woofer Diameter: 10"
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2-9/16" (65mm)
- Voice Coil Height: 2-3/16" (55mm)
- Motor: Magnet
- Max Power: 1200W
- Nominal Power: 600W
- Sensitivity: 84.5dB
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 500Hz
- Impedance: Dual 4 ohm voice coils
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One E 25 KX subwoofer
- Mounting hardware
- Owner's manual