Focal Chorus 706 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers Overview
If you’re looking for high-end bookshelf speakers, then there are few options better than the Focal Chorus 706 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers. They’ve become a household name in the audio world, and for good reason. Their products reflect extreme precision, attention to detail and quality that cannot help but get noticed. The secret is in the construction, Chorus speakers feature Focal’s unique Polyglass Technology, in which molten glass is poured over the cone, enhances sound quality with greater definition and linearity of the frequency response curve. Focal's 706 bookshelf speakers feature their popular TNV2 tweeter, which is made from light materials that reduce compression and other sound-harming issues that can plague bookshelf speakers. Focal also uses smooth curves and a modern aesthetic to create speakers that look as great as they sound. Check out our video product tour to learn more.
- Frequency response of 55Hz-28KHz
- Nominal impedance rating of 8 Ohms
- 2-way component speaker system
- MDF veneer panels available in three modern looks
- Leather covered enclosure
- Designed and made in France
- Polyglass Technology provides a richer sound from bookshelf speakers
- TNV2 tweeter provides less interference and a more precise sound
- Ideal for rooms up to 215 square feet with no level restrictions
- Dimensions: 15.38” H x 8.66” L x 10.38” D
- Weight: 18 lbs.
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
High Performance in a Stylish Package
The Chorus 706 2-way bass reflex bookshelf speakers are designed with equal parts performance and aesthetic appeal in mind. They further the Focal brand’s commitment to quality with features that aren't found with any other speaker line. Between their patented Polyglass Technology and a new, updated visual design that coordinates beautifully with a range of home décor themes, you're sure to love and enjoy these speakers for years to come. It even comes in a variety of colors – white, black and walnut – to enhance your living space.
Enhanced Performance with Polyglass Technology
The Chorus line by Focal boasts a range of impressive features that you won’t find among other speakers. For starters, the Polyglass Technology utilizes molten glass microballs that are poured over a cellulose cone. This creates ideal paper dampening with glass rigidity and impressive linearity of the frequency response curve for greater definition and a more authentic sound.
Lightweight Materials and a Focal Favorite Tweeter
The Chorus 706 bookshelf loudspeakers also features a TNV2 tweeter made from very light materials that won’t affect the suspension or degrade or affect the sound quality over time. The result is a clear sound with less distortion and an excellent response time with improved harmonics. You’ll experience rich sound that will leave you thinking you’re right up front at your favorite show.
Better Materials Mean Better Sound
You won’t find Chorus speakers surrounded by cheap plastic. They're encased in MDF wood, which is long-lasting, light and creates a more authentic sound profile than plastic. Each speaker is expertly assembled to reflect the quality and durability expected from high-end bookshelf speakers. Focal's loudspeakers are made in France using assembly techniques that have a proven track record for quality and precision, so you can rest assured that you’re getting a high-grade product to last for years to come.
Style that Speaks for Itself
Your speakers shouldn’t be a hindrance to your home’s ambiance. The Chorus 706 bookshelf speakers are designed to add to your home’s aesthetics rather than detract from them. The classic lines of Focal's original speakers have been updated in the 706 model to showcase fluid curves and a more rounded, modern appearance. This allows them to reflect contemporary styles that coordinate perfectly with your home’s existing audio equipment and overall interior design. Choose from white and black colors for a modern look, or go with the walnut finish to take your look in a more traditional direction. Speakers work well placed on any bookshelf, table or other sturdy flat surface.
- Type: 2-way bass reflex bookshelf loudspeaker
- 6 1/2" Polyglass midbass
- 1" TNV2 Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 55Hz - 28kHz
- Low frequency point (-6dB): 47Hz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum impedance: 3.6 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 25 - 120W
- Crossover frequency: 3000Hz
- Dimensions (H x L x P): 15 3/8" x 8 2/3" x 10 3/8"
- Net weight: 18 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Chorus 706 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers - Pair