Focal Aria CC900 2-Way Bass-Reflex Center Channel Overview
A key component for your home cinema system, the Focal Aria CC900 2-Way Bass-Reflex Center Channel is tuned to work exceptionally well with other Aria speakers as part of a complete system. The center channel speaker matches the timber of those in its range for a coherent sound, regardless of the configuration you decide to go with. This is a huge benefit as you plan out your home cinema layout, giving you flexibility to arrange the surround sound speakers to fit your room. Armed with Focal’s unique flax fiber cones and TNF tweeters, this stereo speaker is built to handle a wide range of frequencies with very low distortion or coloration. The tweeter is suspended between the dome and the bracket with a proprietary material called Poron. The result in a soft treble sound that reduces distortion at frequencies sensitive to the human ear. The two-way center speaker is recommended for rooms larger than 215 sq. ft. and a listening distance of 10 ft.
- Frequency response: 57 Hz to 28 kHz ±3 dB
- Low frequency point (-6 dB): 50 Hz
- Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal, 4.3 Ohms minimum
- 2-way bass-reflex center speaker is easily combined with the front speakers of the range
- Ultra-rigid MDF construction and non-parallel side panels for minimal vibration
- 2 lightweight 6.5" flax base midrange cones for richness of reproduction and tighter bass
- Flax cones are made exclusively by Focal in France and offer exceptional acoustic performance
- 1" TNF Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter with Poron suspension delivers stable, improved sound clarity and a softer treble
- Ideal for use as a center channel speaker in rooms from 215 sq. ft. and from a listening distance of 10'
- Handsome walnut finish and leather-finished body for a clean, timeless design that blends seamlessly with décor
- Dimensions: 7.88" H x 20.98" W x 9.63" D
- Weight: 23 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 Years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Configure Your Home Audio System
The keystone of your home audio surround system is the central speaker, which makes the Focal Aria CC900 2-Way Bass-Reflex Center Channel such an important choice. Focal developed the stereo speaker with timber matching as a priority to bring consistency to your audio performance. Each Aria series speaker is tuned to match, and with an impressive selection of surround sound speakers to choose from, having this solid central speaker as an anchor gives you peace of mind that sound will be coherent throughout the room.
The CC900 central speaker is ideal for large theater rooms requiring at least 10 ft. of distance between the speaker and your seat. Combine it with a pair of bookshelf speakers, a subwoofer, and a couple of surround speakers from the Aria 900 series and you have yourself an outstanding Home Cinema 5.1 audio system.
Exclusive Flax Fiber Cones
Focal has set itself apart with its innovative cone material. Their cones are made from flax fiber grown in northern France and considered the best in the world. What makes French flax fiber ideal for surround sound speakers is its strength and high flexural rigidity. When flax is placed between two sheets of glass fiber as is done with this home theater speaker, you get a remarkably stiff substance for excellent internal damping.
The flax fiber is composed of 80-percent cellulose and is hollow. This makes it twice as light as fiberglass. The lightness creates the high velocity needed for recreating the sonic vibrations received from the amplifier. The result is low coloration and a richness of sound in the midrange register.
Poron Delivers a Soft Treble
Two innovative design elements combine to make the central channel speaker's TNF tweeter an exceptional product. The first is the use of a material called Poron in the suspension between the dome and its bracket. This material has a shape memory, so it will hold its shape through changing situations. The result is low distortion, especially in the two- to three-kHz range where the human ear has great sensitivity.
The other innovation is the spatial characteristics of the inverted dome. The TNF tweeter has a stable sound stage because the inverted dome provides very low directivity compared to conventional designs. The key benefit to low directivity is the flexibility it gives you in how you position your speakers. Listening position is much less critical when the directivity is kept low.
Elegant, Timeless Design
The Aria series of speakers delivers timeless style to go along with its impressive sound presence. With its walnut finish and unique leather-finished front panel, this center speaker makes a stunning addition to any room. Functional as well as stylish, the cabinet's magnetic cloth frame and ultra-rigid MDF construction result in neutrality and very little vibration.
- Type: Two-way bass-reflex center loudspeaker
- Speaker drivers
- Two 6 1/2" Flax bass - midrange
- 1" Al/Mg TNF inverted dome tweeter
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 57Hz - 28kHz
- Low frequency point (-6dB): 50Hz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 91dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum impedance: 4.3 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 40 - 200W
- Crossover frequency: 2800Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 7 7/8" x 20 63/64" x 9 5/8"
- Weight: 23 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Aria CC900 2-Way Bass-Reflex Center Channel
Customer Reviews for Focal Aria CC900 2-Way Bass-Reflex Center Channel
3 months ago