Hi-Fi, Nestled In Your Walls
The 1000 IWLCR6 closed-back loudspeaker is installed in your walls for a high-performing Home Cinema configuration. Made in France, it is equipped with the best speaker drivers and tweeters Focal engineers have ever developed: ‘W’ cone speaker drivers, pure Beryllium tweeter but also a passive radiator for acoustics without compromise.
Thanks to its sophisticated design and its adjustable, rotating midrange-treble plate, the listening point is perfectly targeted. The tweeter level can also be set so that it adjusts to your listening room. In addition, this in-wall loudspeaker is suited to several types of application: central, left and right channels. Finally, the ready-to-paint magnetic grilles supplied with the product ensure it is completely unobtrusive.
- Pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter. Frequency response up to 40kHz.
- Magnets for fastening the magnetic grilles. Anti-vibration feet.
- Positionable 0-90º and rotating midrange-treble plate. Uncompromising design for the best performance in use as left, right, or center channel loudspeaker. Perfect adjustment to the listening position.
- MDF and Aluminum closed-back loudspeaker. Behaves like a traditional loudspeaker. Quality and linearity of the bass.
- 3-1/8" (8cm) Midrange with composite sandwich 'W' cone.
- 7-1/8" (18cm) passive radiator with 'W' cone. Very low bass distortion & excellent power handling.
- 6-1/2" (16.5cm) Midrange/Bass with 'W' cone. Exclusive composite sandwich.
- Setting of tweeter level -3dB, 0dB, +3dB, and of Midrange (-2dB, 0dB, +2dB). Performance adjustment based on the acoustic environment.
- Waveguide: optimized sound directivity.
Optimized Acoustic Performance 'W' Cone
The 'W' sandwich cone perfectly optimizes the frequency response curve by fully mastering the three key parameters of lightness, rigidity, and damping. When you're listening, it creates total sound transparency and a very low distortion rate: the finesse of the resulting sound rendering is exceptional.
Incomparable Purity: Beryllium Tweeter
The only metal rigid enough to scratch glass, Beryllium is the material of choice for a tweeter cone. Thanks to the creation of a pure Beryllium inverted dome capable of covering over five octaves, the only one of its kind in the world, the purity of sound reproduction is incomparable.
- Type of Speaker: 3-way closed-back in-wall
- Speaker Drivers:
- 7-1/8" (18cm) Passive radiator with 'W' cone
- 6-1/2" (16.5cm) Bass with 'W' cone, 3-1/8" (8cm) Midrange with 'W' cone
- 1" (27mm) Pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity (2.83V/3 feet - 1m): 91dB
- Bandwidth (+/-3dB): 48Hz - 40khz
- Low-frequency cut-off (-6dB): 43Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ω
- Minimal impedance: 2.9 Ω
- Recommended amp power: 25 - 240W
- Ext. size (H x L x D): 29-3/4" x 12" x 4"
- Mounting dimensions (H x L): 28-5/8" x 10-7/8"
- Mounting depth: 3-7/8"
- Net weight (with grille): 24.14lbs
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- 1000 IWLCR6
- Magnetic grille
- Instruction manual