ELAC Miracord 90th Anniversary Turntable Overview
Combining high performance audio technology with a classic look, the ELAC MRC901 Miracord 90th Anniversary Turntable brings back the golden age of vinyl turntables with style and substance. ELAC has carefully constructed every detail of this special anniversary turntable to play a clear, natural sound that minimizes distortion, letting you hear every tiny detail. It will make your entire record collection sound like new.
While the technology is modern, the vintage design makes this record player a combination of function and vintage style. You can choose from four different color options to best suit your decor, each offering a beautiful look while housing advanced, modern audio playback technology.
- Semi-automatic operation
- 33/45 RPM speed adjustment
- The specially-designed moving magnet cartridge on this record player comes pre-aligned for improved tracking and total channel separation
- Frequency range of 20HZ -20kHz
- 2 gold-plated Neutrik RCA socket outputs and a gold-plated grounding screw
- +/-5 % pitch control
- MDF base with silicon feet completely decouples your turntable from the surface on which it rests
- External belt-drive motor is double decoupled from the base for smoother operation and improved signal-to-noise ratio
- 13.7 lbs aluminum platter rests on a ruby ball for minimal friction, platter is measured optically to ensure consistent speed for improved playback
- Beautifully designed vinyl players with four color options: white lacquer, black lacquer, oiled walnut and walnut lacquer
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.7" x 18.5" x 14.2"
- Weight: 37.7 lbs
- Warranty: 1-year limited (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and product support
Isolated design for a smoother playback experience
Boasting an impressive signal-to-noise ratio, the ELAC 90th Anniversary Turntable is designed from feet to platter to reduce external noise, meaning you get more music and less distortion.
It starts with the 12 lb MDF plinth, which rests on specialized silicon feet that decouple your vinyl player from its resting surface. The external belt-drive motor is carefully decoupled from the plinth at two separate points using textile spiders, and further removed with its aluminum casing, clarifying your sound and reducing distortion. The shaft uses a cambered pulley that automatically centers the belt as it rotates. The result: a consistent, silent rotation that won’t interfere with your music.
Advanced technology that breathes new life into your records
Housed inside the plinth is a complex series of bearings and sensors that offer a smooth, consistent rotation. The aluminum platter weighs over 13 lbs and rests on a hardened steel axis, which then rotates on a ruby ball that minimizes friction and ensures a rotation that’s absolutely perfect.
A specially-designed cartridge that delivers crystal clear playback
To celebrate the release of their anniversary vinyl record player, ELAC turned to AudioTechnica for an exclusive cartridge and stylus, which is precision-mounted into every turntable before it’s shipped. This moving magnetic cartridge houses its own MicroLine diamond stylus, which features a sharper contour on its elliptical side. The special shape creates better contact with the modulation structure found in the record groove. Combined with the cartridge’s high-resolution sound, you will experience an accurate reproduction and perfect channel separation.
Every detail fed to your audio system
Much like the axel of a car, the tonearm is the key fixture of any turntable, responsible for extracting every bit of information hidden inside the groove of a record. ELAC opted for a lightweight carbon fiber tonearm that is perfectly aligned both vertically and horizontally for exceptional sensitivity and accuracy. The tonearm smoothly lowers onto the record (thanks to its oil-dampened mechanism) and carefully balances skating and anti-skating through a tiny weight. You will experience perfect sound reproduction that skips less for a continual playback on your LP player.
Manual controls that keep you in charge
While the most important details, from rotational consistency to wow and flutter, are automatically monitored and adjusted, you remain in control thanks to the turntable’s manual controls. Choose between 33 & 45 rpms depending on your records and dial in a pitch control of +/-5% so you can find the right sound for your music style.
The keystone of your stereo system
Designed with the same care and precision of ELAC’s speakers and amplifiers, this record player is the first building block in your new audio experience. The two gold-plated Neutrik RCA sockets, along with the gold-plated grounding screw, will connect to most traditional speakers.
The turntable pairs well with the Elac B5 5.25" Debut Series Bookshelf Speakers, especially if you are low on space. These award-winning speakers have set a new standard for size-to-performance ratio that will capture every detail picked up by your new turntable.
If you have a bit more room, the ELAC F6 6.5" Debut Series Floorstanding Speaker will deliver even more from your records. With a frequency response of 39 to 20,000 Hz and an 87 dB sensitivity at 2.83 v/1m, they perfectly complement your new vinyl player's precision and accuracy.
- Cartridge: Custom moving magnet system
- Frequency range: 20Hz – 25kHz
- Tracking force: 14 ± 4mN ? 1.4 ± 0.4g
- DC resistance: 800Ω ± 20%
- Coil impendence: 3.2kΩ ± 20% at 1kHz
- Recommended load: 47kΩ
- Output voltage: 2.2 – 4.9mV
- Channel separation: > 25dB
- Selectable speeds: 33 and 45 rpm
- Pitch: ± 5%
- Outputs: 2 gold-plated Neutrik RCA connectors, gold-plated ground connector
- Power supply: 18V, 18W Lumberg connector
- Finishes: Black high gloss, white high gloss, oiled walnut
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.7" x 18.5" x 14.2"
- Weight: 37.7 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Miracord 90th Anniversary Turntable