The F5 5.25" Debut Series Floorstanding Speaker is a great choice for a serious two-channel rig or as the nucleus of a multi-channel setup, thanks to its custom drivers and 3-way, bass-reflex design. Add a Debut powered subwoofer and you have a serious, full-range system that delivers sound that's in the big league.
Braced Sectioned MDF Cabinet
Two horizontal braces strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The tweeter and top midrange/woofer are isolated from the rest of the cabinet.
Both the tweeter and the bass driver have been custom designed to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
Woven Aramid-Fiber Woofer
Woven aramid fiber offers a superior stiffness-to-weight ratio and damping over common polypropylene or paper cones. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended frequency response.
Deep-Spheroid Custom Waveguide
A custom-designed tweeter waveguide with a deep spheroid profile is utilized to improve directivity control and shield the tweeter wavefront from cabinet diffraction.
A custom ten-element crossover with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the drivers.
- Speaker type: 3-way bass reflex
- Tweeter: 1 x 1-inch cloth dome
- Midrange: 1 x 5.25-inch woven aramid-fiber cone
- Woofer: 2 x 5.25-inch woven aramid-fiber cone
- Crossover frequency: 100/3,000Hz
- Frequency response: 42 to 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 85.5dB at 2.83v/1m
- Recommended amplifier power: 40 to 140wpc
- Nominal/peak power handling: 70/140wpc
- Nominal impedance: 6Ω; minimum 5.8Ω
- Binding posts: 5-way metal
- Cabinet finishes: Black brushed vinyl
- Dimensions: 38" H x 7.9" W x 8.7" D
- Net weight: 32.9 lbs.
What's in the Box
- F5 5.25" Debut Series Floorstanding Speaker
- Removable fabric grille