Dynaudio Excite X14A High-End Bookshelf Speakers Overview
Dynaudio’s Excite X14A speakers are the perfect choice for a small dedicated listening system with true high-end flair. Because each speaker houses its own amplifier, you can feed them with just about any volume controlled source, including a smartphone. And for an instant audiophile-grade experience, simply pair the Excite X14A with a Hi-Res digital audio player and external digital-to-analog converter.
- Dynaudio’s legendary reference-grade sound
- Transparent highs delivered by a single 1 inch soft dome tweeter
- Tight bass driven by a 5.5 inch magnesium silicate polymer long-throw woofer
- Two onboard 50 Watt amplifiers for dynamic performance across the frequency spectrum
- Digital Signal Processing designed specifically for the X14A’s driver array
- A refined and balanced sound that’s tunable with onboard equalizer presets
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 45 Hz to 23 kHz
- Dimensions: 11.1 inches height, 6.7 inches width, 10.3 inches depth
- Weight: 14 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Quality from the experts of reference sound
Dynaudio is universally revered in the audio world for its reference-grade sound. In fact, the Danish company’s monitors can be found in thousands of recording studios worldwide, helping to master the music we enjoy on a daily basis. All of Dynaudio’s speakers, including the Excite X14a, feature proprietary drivers built to perform with the company’s speaker designs. They truly create an unparalleled audio experience!
Enjoy Amazing Versatility and Finely Tuned Sound
The Excite X14a delivers the same refined sound as Dynaudio’s popular Excite X14 passive bookshelf speaker, but with the added advantage of dual onboard 50 Watt amps. This kind of active design eliminates the need for bulky external amplifiers, but also allows the speaker to benefit from a true bi-amp power configuration tailored specifically for the speaker. One amp is used to feed the speaker’s woofer, while the other powers the tweeter, making for a clean sonic performance your ears will appreciate!
The Excite X14a’s advanced digital signal processing (DSP) lends to a sound that’s crystal clear and open, while the speaker cabinet’s rear port helps to deliver impressive bass extending below 50 Hz.
Quality Drivers and Components
Dynaudio’s soft dome tweeter offers smooth and open highs for a soundstage that blossoms to life. And the company’s advanced proprietary magnesium silicate polymer long-throw woofer makes for punchy mids and well-rounded bass. You’ll appreciate the musical qualities of these high-quality custom drivers the first time you hear them.
Simple Connections and Controls
Because the Excite X14a is an active speaker, you can pair it directly to any volume controlled source (such as a CD player, television, or smartphone). And with both RCA and XLR inputs, your source options are nearly limitless. The rear panel of the cabinet features several user controls, including three preset equalizer switches that automatically tune the speaker for specific room placements (such as on a shelf or in a corner). For added convenience, you can set the speaker to switch-on from a standby mode when it senses an incoming music signal!
Classic Dynaudio Design
Dynaudio doesn’t cut corners in the build-quality department, and the Excite X14a’s cabinet looks as good as the speaker sounds. Each of the speaker’s optional real wood veneers and solid color finishes are meticulously applied and silky smooth to the touch. That, combined with the speaker’s small footprint, makes for a true room-friendly package.
Boost Your Listening Experience
While the Excite X14a active bookshelf speaker is an incredible standalone performer, Dynaudio understands that some music fans want nearly limitless bass. That’s why the company has outfitted the speaker with a sub output and optional high-pass filter, allowing for an external subwoofer (like the JL Audio’s D100 10” Subwoofer) to handle frequencies below 80 Hz.
To complete your listening experience, bundle the Excite X14a bookshelf speakers with Dynaudio’s 3X Speaker Stands. Designed specifically for the company’s compact speaker line, the 3X stands conceal power cords while allowing speakers to be positioned away from flat surfaces and room boundaries making for an incredible sonic experience!
Dynaudio Excite X14A Bookshelf Speaker Specifications:
- Amplifier power Tweeter: 50 W
- Amplifier power Woofer: 50 W
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 45 Hz to 23 kHz
- Power consumption Standby: 0.3 W
- Power consumption Idle: 5.8 W
- Power consumption Max: 94 W
- Input: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR
- Input sensitivity selector
- HF, MF and LF trim selector
- High pass frequency selector Flat / 60 Hz / 80 Hz
- Auto standby/On selector
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 6.9 liters
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex, rear ported
- Weight: 6.x5 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 170 x 282 x 246/262 mm, 6.7 x 11.1 x 9.7/10.3"
What's in the Box
*Note: Speaker cable sold separately. Check out our line of cables here!