The HEOS Amp is designed to add HEOS multi-room audio functionality to a pair of stereo speakers, and features the same wireless ease of use as Denon's self-powered HEOS speaker models.
Featuring advanced Class D digital amplification, the HEOS Amp delivers 100 watts maximum power per channel, with lowest distortion and high current capability that provides reliable and stable operation with lower impedance speakers, including 4 ohms models.
With the HEOS Amp, you can enjoy listening to your favorite loudspeakers, and the high power rating means that you can enjoy room-filling sound quality even at concert hall levels.
In addition to the stereo speaker outputs, the HEOS Amp features additional connectivity, including a sub output for connection to a powered subwoofer. There's also an analog stereo line input (via RCA jacks), and an additional auxiliary input via 3.5mm jack for direct connection to a portable player's headphone output.
An optical digital input lets you connect a digital music source such as a CD player, and a USB port lets you connect a portable thumb drive to listen to your favorite tracks. You can also use the USB port to charge your portable device. In addition to the built-in dual band "N" wireless system, the HEOS Amp is also equipped with an RJ-45 Ethernet port for direct connection to a wired LAN setup.
As with Denon's HEOS wireless speaker models, you'll be able to stream your favorite music tracks and control the HEOS Amp with Denon's HEOS App, which is available in both iOS and Android versions. With the HEOS App, you can choose to listen to music tracks on your smartphone, tablet or portable audio player, and you also can listen to your choice of internet radio stations, and you can also listen to your favorite music streaming service.
The home stereo amplifier lets you choose different songs for each room, or you can listen to the same song in all rooms. Denon's exclusive digital technology provides precise audio synchronization (within microseconds) to ensure top audio fidelity and stereo imaging quality.
The stylish HEOS Amp enclosure features elegant silver accents, and for convenience, there are volume and mute controls discreetly placed on the side panel.
HEOS Amp Series 2 Features:
- Turn any existing pair of speakers into a HEOS zone
- Now offering high resolution audio delivering the ultimate listening experience over network or USB all in the convenience of your home.
- 100w x 2 class d amplification
- Stream from your favorite music service such as Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, SoundCloud, Tidal or Rhapsody via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi audio streaming.
- Play any song in any room on demand from streaming services via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi audio streaming Bluetooth® on the HEOS wireless multi-room sound system.
- Multi-room function
- Superior sound
- Easy to use app
- Easy setup
- Play and source on any speaker from any smart device: streaming cloud services, directly from phone/tablet, USB, network storage, aux in.
- Better industrial design
All HEOS speakers feature:
Multi-room sound: Every room can have its own HEOS sound. Or, group multiple speakers to fill the house with the same song. Multi-room means multiple options.
Apps & streaming services: Cloud music, streaming music and your music library—all your favorite sources are supported by this amazing FREE app.
Amazing sound quality: It’s no accident that HEOS speakers produce pristine sound. They are engineered by the experts at Denon, innovators in audio for more than 100 years.
Easy set up: It’s amazing how quickly you can start listening to your HEOS speakers. Place your speakers, and you will be listening to music in minutes. It’s really that simple.
HEOS Amp Series 2 Specifications:
- Power amplifier rated output: 100 W+100 W (6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz, T.H.D. 0.7 %); 70 W + 70 W (8Ω/ohms, 20 Hz 20 kHz, T.H.D. 0.05%)
- Total Distortion: ANALOG IN: 0.1 %(1 kHz)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz : ±1.5 dB
- Input sensitivity/imput impedance: 4 – 16 Ω/ohms
- S/N ratio (10W, 6 ohms, IHF-A): ANALOG IN: 83 dB (IHF–A weighted)
- Impedance: 4 – 16 Ω/ohms
- Music Services Supported: Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Rhapsody, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, Tidal, iHeartRadio, and SoundCloud with more coming soon.
Subject to availability in your area
- Music Stored on Phone/Tablet: iTunes music stored locally on your iOS device or music files on your Android or Kindle Fire device.
- NAS (Network Attached Storage): Play from your home network: DLNA compliant.
- USB storage: Connected to the HEOS Amp or other HEOS player. Aux Input: Analog or optical digital sources connected to the HEOS Amp or other HEOS players.
- Aux Input: Analog or optical digital sources connected to the HEOS Amp or other HEOS players.
- Music downloads: DRM-free downloads from any service. Subject to audio format support
- Internet radio supported: Streaming AAC, MP3, WMA (via the TuneIn service).
- Album art supported: JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF picture formats.
- Audio formats supported:
- WMA: Up to and including 192kbps
- AAC and MP3: Up to and including 320kbps
- WAV, ALAC and FLAC: Up to and including 24-bit/192kHz.
- *AIFF and DSD support are coming soon
- Bluetooth supported: Play on one speaker or add other HEOS speakers in party mode.
- Wireless Connectivity: Supports latest dual band wireless networks (including 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards).
- Wired Connectivity: Single RJ-45 jack for connection to wired Ethernet
- Power supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Buttons and indicators:
- Volume up/down
- Mute / Mute button LED indicator
- Multicolored LED status indicator
- Network ‘connect’ button (rear)
- Bluetooth ‘connect’ button (rear)
- Weight: 6.2lbs
- Operating temperature range: 41°F to 95°F
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HEOS Amp
- Power cord
- 3.5mm setup cable
- Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide