Denon HEOS AVR 5.1 Channel AV Receiver (Black) Overview
Are you ready for a home entertainment upgrade but you don’t want to rearrange your interior design plan to accommodate it? With the Denon HEOS AVR 5.1 Channel AV Receiver you can create the excitement of theatrical sound without ruining your homes decor. This stylish 5.1 channel audio/video receiver allows you to create full 5 speaker surround sound, wire free.
This AV receiver isn’t just for movie lovers. With built in WiFi you can network you computer and listen to your audio files. With built-in Bluetooth, you can stream your favorite tunes from Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora and more. Featuring HEOS technology, this AV receiver not only lets you build an entire home network of speaker, you can play different audio sources in different rooms too.
This is a true home entertainment upgrade. The Denon HEOS AVR 5.1 features 4 HDMI inputs that are completely 4K Ultra HD ready. Whether you have one 4K device, a few, or are planning to jump into Ultra High Definition in the near future, this Denon receiver has you covered.
- 5.1-channel wireless surround sound home theater receiver
- 50-watts per channel
- 8 Ohms
- HEOS App gives you control over your music and makes setup a breeze
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream audio from mobile devices
- WiFi connectivity
- 4K Ultra HD Ready and 3D video pass through
- Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Use Amazon Alexa to control the Denon HEOS AVR 5.1 reciever
- Includes an easy to use remote
- 4 HDMI inputs
- 1 optical input, 1 coaxial input, 1 RCA input and 1 stereo mini-jack input
- Denon HEOS AVR dimensions: 17 ⅛ in x 3 ⅝ in x 11 in
- Denon HEOS AVR weight: 13.23 lbs
- Warranty: 3 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Wireless Surround Sound
In the old days of home audio, if you wanted to create real movie theater surround sound in your den or living room you had to rearrange your furniture to make room for big speaker cabinets and speaker cables. Thankfully the past can be left in the past. Today, Denon’s HEOS AVR lets you create the audio system of your dreams -- wire free. If you are looking for a simple solution to improve your TV’s audio capabilities, check out the Denon HEOS 3.1 and get full surround by adding a pair of HEOS 1 Wireless speakers. You can round out the entire soundstage by adding some impactful bottom the HEOS subwoofer.
This Denon 5.1channel audio/video receiver has built-in Bluetooth connectivity, so you can stream all of your favorite audio from your favorite devices. Weather you want to play music stored on your computer’s hard drive, or stream tunes your favorite music apps like Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, or Youtube, the HEOS AVR makes it easy. For all of you audiophile out there, don't worry, our friends at Denon haven't forgot about you. This system is capable of stream high-resolution audio files too.
The HEOS App
The Denon HEOS AVR supports multi room audio. Just download the free HEOS app and you can select what songs you want to hear and what speakers you want to hear it playing through. You can play your CD Player in your den and watch a movie in your living room without sacrificing any sound quality.
4K Ultra HD Ready
Witness a picture so clear you will feel like you can reach through your screen and touch the images. The Denon HEOS AVR features four HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 inputs that deliver beautiful 4K Ultra High Definition picture and Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio. Tech talk aside, we are talking about lifelike picture and sound quality full of realistic detail. You have never seen or heard TV like this.
Alexa Voice Control
The Denon HEOS AVR A/V receiver works with Amazon Alexa. Add HEOS Home Entertainment to your list of Alexa skills and use your voice to control volume, skip through tracks and switch inputs. Alexa and HEOS will even let you pay music from streaming services like Pandora, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music Unlimited, Tidal, Spotify and more.
- DTS HD Master
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby ProLogic II
- Multichannel Stereo
- Max number of processing (preamp) channels: 5.1
- Discrete power amplifiers: 5
- High grade audio components
- Clock jitter reducer
- HEOS multi-room and streaming
- Network audio streaming
- Lossy formats: Mp3/WMA/AAC
- Lossless formats: FLAC/ALAC/WAV
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 96/24
- DSD audio streaming up to DSD5.6
- FLAC HD 192/24
- WAV 192/24
- ALAC 96/24
- Gapless playback (FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD)
- Internet Radio: TuneIn
- Spotify Connect/Tidal/Deezer
- Ethernet ports: 1
- HDMI inputs: 4 back
- HDCP 2.2 support
- HDMI outputs: 1 Main
- HDMI: 3D/4K/CEC/ARC
- 3D signal passthrough
- 4K signal passthrough
- Audio return channel
- HEOS multi-room integrated
- IP control/app control
- Remote In
- Setup assistant (app-based)
- Quick Select
- Variable crossover
- Firmware update via Network/USB
- HDMI In/Out: 4/1
- Analog In: 2
- Digital In Optical/Coaxial: 1/1
- Subwoofer out: 1
- Number of speaker terminals: 5
- USB audio
- Number of power amps: 5
- Power output
- 8 ohm, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.05% 2ch drive: 50W
- 6 ohm, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.1% 2ch drive: 65W
- 4 ohm, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.1% 2ch drive: 100W
- Metal front panel
- System remote control
- Power consumption: 110W
- Standby consumption: 0.3W
- CEC standby consumption: 4.5W
- Network control: 4.5W
- Maximum dimensions: 17 1/8" x 3 5/8" x 11"
- Weight: 13.23 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HEOS AVR Receiver
- AC power cable
- Audio setup cable (mini-pin)
- HDMI cable
- Digital optical cable
- Ethernet cable
- Remote control
- Battery for remote
- Quick Start guide
Customer Reviews for Denon HEOS AVR 5.1 Channel AV Receiver (Black)
Other receivers competing in this range get several things wrong that take away from the experience: 1) Too many rear I/O jacks, 2) too many front controls, 3) fragmented on-screen menus (GUI), 4) a complex remote, and 5) cumbersome size and weight. The HEOS AVR gets all of these right by having modern digital inputs and hardly anything else, nice plug-in speaker jacks, NO GUI (instead entirely app-controlled), a single front control for volume, compact size, and a tiny remote that you don't really even need. The result is that both the hardware and the software step out of the way of your other devices, while functioning superbly as a 5.1 class D integrated amplifier and wireless music streamer. I deducted one star on ease of setup and ease of use because navigating the app is occasionally frustrating, but overall it is decent. I deducted one star because it is missing some commonly-found USEFUL features: headphone jack, HDMI pass-through, and input upscaling.
No, this product is not for an audio hobbyist or someone with a lot of devices, but you are not considering this product if you are and Denon has you covered elsewhere. If you want a ultra-clean setup that has great sound and doesn't compete for space on your TV screen to do its job, this device is hard to beat.