Denon HEOS 7 Wireless Streaming Speaker Overview
Achieve big acoustics for big rooms with the HEOS 7 Wireless Streaming Speaker. Whether hosting a get-together in a house with an open floor or simply relaxing on the patio, this mobile speaker fill the largest rooms with music. Built-in Bluetooth and wireless capability means your music library or streaming service is just a heartbeat away with your portable speaker. To achieve an unrivaled range, the HEOS 7 has five active drivers (including two precision tweeters, two mid-woofers and one subwoofer) and two cutting-edge radiators for additional bass support. For every active driver, there’s a Class D digital amplification channel to maximize clarity. Denon has also includes handy hardware access: a headphone output for personal listening, and an auxiliary analog line input for connecting any device to your wireless music system. Bring it all together with the free HEOS app, which lets you pause, play and choose soundtracks from your phone. Dare to embrace the HEOS 7.
- 100~240 Volts AC power
- 7 Driver speaker system features 5 active drivers including 2 precision tweeters, 2 mid-woofers, and 1 subwoofer for rich, wide-ranging sound across any large space
- 2 passive radiators provide additional bass augmentation
- Portable speaker utilizes Wi-Fi networks or Bluetooth to stream music with High Resolution Audio Support
- Download the free HEOS app to remotely control your wireless music system
- Supports popular streaming services including Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, SoundCloud, TIDAL and Rhapsody
- Supports audio formats: WMA, AAC, MP3, WAV, ALAC and FLAC
- 5 Class D digital amplifier channels provide wide dynamic range and reduce distortion levels
- Convenient headphone output accommodates private listening
- Wireless speaker includes 3.5mm stereo auxiliary line input to connect a device with analog stereo output directly to the HEOS 3
- Compact size is ideal for placement in any room and still delivers big sound
- Dimensions: 8" H x 18.9" W x 6.5" D
- Weight: 9.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The Power of 5 Active Drivers
Designed for wireless play in larger areas, the HEOS 7 is unbeatable when it comes to high-quality wireless audio thanks to the five distinct, powerful drivers behind the wireless sound system.
Two precision tweeters lend the speaker greater accuracy. Two mid-woofers equip your Bluetooth speaker with an unbeatable range. The subwoofer adds a rich complexity for the ultimate in wireless speaker performance.
Two Passive Radiators
Get 2 extra drives with your HEOS 7 Wi-Fi speaker. These state-of-the-art passive radiators give your wireless music system that extra bit of bass needed to cover a patio in high-fidelity sound.
A Class D Digital Amplifier Behind Every Driver
Featuring four channels of class D digital amplification, your HEOS 7 mobile speaker achieve a wider dynamic range. These amplifiers reduce pesky distortions and fading so you get clear music from any angle or distance.
High Resolution Audio at a Multi-Room Level
This wide-range portable speaker can fill multiple rooms at once with high-quality sound. Styled after the technology of professional recording studios, Denon delivers a speaker with High Resolution Audio for the ultimate listening experience.
Whether you’re streaming wireless audio from your phone or directly connecting via analog cable, the HEOS 7 emits trop-grade sound to rival the acoustics of a soundstage.
Headphones for Personal Listening
Your wireless sound system comes readily equipped with a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack. Connect your headphones directly to the analog stereo, and enjoy a few private hours with your playlist.
Connect with the Auxiliary Analog Line Input
Plug directly into your HEOS wireless music system with a device of your choice. The HEOS 7 comes with a 3.5 mm stereo analog auxiliary line. It’s easy to set up, simply connect, sit back and witness as your music library reaches new heights in your signature Deon device.
With its compact form, the HEOS 7 is remarkably easy to set up. It's ideal for placement on an end table, counter or coffee table – just set up the speaker and start streaming wireless audio into the largest spaces of your home theater system. With its attractive design and choice of black or white finish, it will seamlessly integrate into your living space
Hi-Fi from your Phone
Download the HEOS app for the iOS, Android or Kindle. It’s free and enables you to connect your device to your favorite music subscription streaming services such as Spotify, TuneIn, Amazon, SoundCloud, Pandora and more. Press pause, play or shuffle through your favorite playlist. Enjoy control over your Bluetooth speaker from the comfort of your palm or pocket.
HEOS 7 Series 2 Specifications:
- 7 Driver Speaker System: 5 active drivers, including 2 precision tweeters, 2 mid-woofers, 1 subwoofer. 2 passive radiators provide additional bass augmentation.
- Class D Digital Amplification: 5 channels of Class D digital amplification provide high efficiency, lowest distortion and widest dynamic range.
- Headphone Output: Equipped with a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, the HEOS 7 features automatic speaker muting when a headphone plug is inserted into the headphone jack.
- Auxiliary Analog Line Input: The 3.5mm stereo analog auxiliary line input lets users connect a device with analog stereo output directly to the HEOS 7.
- Music Subscription Services: The HEOS app lets you choose from popular subscription streaming services including Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, SoundCloud, TIDAL and Rhapsody. More services will be added soon.
- Internet Radio Stations Streaming: Choose from your favorite internet radio stations and listen to MP3 and WMA streaming audio.
- Audio Formats Supported:
- WMA: Up to and including 192kbps
- AAC and MP3: Up to and including 320kbps
- WAV, ALAC and FLAC: Up to and including 24-bit/192kHz.
- *AIFF and DSD support are coming soon
- Bluetooth Supported: Play on one speaker or add other HEOS speakers in party mode.
- Picture Formats Supported: HEOS 7 supports JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF album art picture formats.
- USB Drives Supported: HEOS 7 supports USB thumb drives via the built-in USB port. Music content on a USB drive can be played back locally, or on any or all HEOS players on your network.
- Wireless Connection: Connect to your wireless network quickly and easily. HEOS 7 supports the latest 802.11 networks (including dual band "N") for the most reliable network connection.
- Wired Connection: Connect to your home or office LAN system via the RJ-45 wired LAN port.
- Ideal for: large rooms and open areas such as living rooms, patios, or open-floor-plan homes.
- Drive Units: two tweeters, two mid-woofers, and one woofer
- Bluetooth Capability: Yes
- High Resolution Audio Support: Yes
- Enclosure Design: two passive radiators
- Amplifier Channels: 5
- 3.5mm audio line-in connection: Yes (1)
- USB port for direct connection of stored music: Yes (1)
- Wired Network: Ethernet Jack (1)
- Wireless Network: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard on 2.4GHz and 5Ghz bands
- 3.5mm Headphone Output jack: Yes (1)
- Includes threaded hole for wall/stand mounting: No
- Placement: Horizontal
- Power Supply: 100~240 Volts AC, 50~60 Hz, auto-switching power adapter
- Controls and Indicators:
- Volume up/down
- Mute / Mute button LED indicator
- Multicolored LED status indicator
- Network ‘connect’ button (rear)
- Recessed reset button (rear)
- Bluetooth ‘connect’ button (rear)
- 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Weight: 9.9 lbs; 4.5 kg
- Multiple Language Support: English, French, Spanish
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8 x 18.9 x 6.5 inches; 203 x 479 x 164 mm
- Operating Temperature Range: 41°F~95°F; 5°C~35°C
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HEOS 7 player
- AC power adapter
- 3.5mm setup cable
- Ethernet cable for wired LAN hookup
- Quick Start guide.
Customer Reviews for Denon HEOS 7 Wireless Streaming Speaker - Series 2
The software (on Android) makes the speaker almost unusable. Ugly, slow, dropped connections, and intrusive (requires gps location information as of the last update).
What good is excellent hardware when necessary software is terrible?
After this speaker, I decided that HEOS system is the right one for me. It comes cheap compared to other solutions on the market. My HEOS 7 cost 500€ in EU and you only need for the whole room. I purchased a pair of HEOS 1 which do not sound so well. I purchased an AVR to connect my existing speakers to the HEOS system. I am able to listen to any mp3 on my computer (cast to option in windows 10) and also any sound on my phone but this is limited to a Bluetooth connection with any HEOS device. This can be a bit troublesome especially if you move too far away from the speaker you're connected to. In such cases, the Bluetooth connection is lost and the sound as well. I wish I could use WiFi connection instead of Bluetooth connection to listen to any sound from my phone in all selected rooms. Sadly this is not the case. It appears to be a software issue and I've read numerous reviews how customers are not satisfied with the HEOS app. I agree with them. Sometimes there are updates during the night and in the morning there's just no sound. It takes you quite some time to get things back in order and it's frustrating. Without the app, this speaker would face a much larger competition in its price range.
One other remark, this speaker covered in textile is always covered in dust and it seems impossible to thoroughly clean it.
I have a Denon AVR too - AVR-X6300h, so thought great I can pair it with that and play sound where I want it... Hence the range topping HEOS7. Well unfortunately that didn't go as planned for the following reasons:
1) The HEOS app doesn't play all the music I've accumulated in ITunes on my device... 40 - 50% of the tracks are greyed out due to Apple Music DRM... Not specifically a HEOS issue, but what's the point if I can't play it.. Funnily, I can play tracks on the AMP via AIRPLAY, but that can't send said tracks to the HEOS speaker.
2) TV Grouping doesn't work almost at all.. If you play a TV channel it's fine. The minute you switch a smart TV function on - like you tube, or Netflix, it all falls apart... Doesn't work at all. TV is connected through ARC HDMI to AMP
So the result.. I returned the product.. not becuase I didn't like it, but becuase there are too many finickity issues to deal with.. i just want something that works seamlessly!