Bigger is better when it's time to party.
The Denon HEOS 7 is ideal for large rooms and open areas such as living rooms, patios, or open-floor-plan homes.
This large speaker is top of the line, for those who demand the best, biggest, loudest. It plays cloud music, music stored on your phone or tablet, plus USB sources, too. Now you can even listen to your favorite Bluetooth® enabled sources on your HEOS system. Sounds like a party already, doesn’t it?
Sculpted to project prodigious performance, the HEOS 7 is beautifully finished with rich genuine materials, including a brushed metallic apex. It also features a crafted blend of five custom drivers, two passive radiators, five Class D amplifiers, all of which are controlled with state-of-the-art digital signal processing.
HEOS 7 Series 2 Features:
- Effortlessly fills large rooms with huge sound
- Bluetooth® Built-In - giving you the choice of utilizing Wi-Fi networks or Bluetooth to stream music on the HEOS wireless multi-room sound system.
- Now offering High Resolution Audio delivering the ultimate listening experience over network or USB all in the convenience of your home.
- Sound is optimized via precision acoustical processing algorithms that originated in top recording studios.
- Stream from your favorite music service such as Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, SoundCloud, TIDAL or Rhapsody
- FREE HEOS app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire Devices
- Stream music stored locally on your Smart Device or Tablet
- A USB jack and auxiliary input jack allow playback from these sources to one or more HEOS players, perfectly synchronized
- Built-in dual band wireless connects to standard home wireless networks
- Volume up, volume down and mute buttons, mute LED indicator, multicolor status LED indicator
- Headphone output exclusive to HEOS 7
- Ethernet jack for wired network connectivity
- Bass and treble controls
All HEOS speakers feature:
Multi-room sound: Every room can have its own HEOS sound. Or, group multiple speakers to fill the house with the same song. Multi-room means multiple options.
Apps & streaming services: Cloud music, streaming music and your music library—all your favorite sources are supported by this amazing FREE app.
Amazing sound quality: It’s no accident that HEOS speakers produce pristine sound. They are engineered by the experts at Denon, innovators in audio for more than 100 years.
Easy set up: It’s amazing how quickly you can start listening to your HEOS speakers. Place your speakers, and you will be listening to music in minutes. It’s really that simple.
HEOS 7 Series 2 Specifications:
- 7 Driver Speaker System: 5 active drivers, including 2 precision tweeters, 2 mid-woofers, 1 subwoofer. 2 passive radiators provide additional bass augmentation.
- Class D Digital Amplification: 5 channels of Class D digital amplification provide high efficiency, lowest distortion and widest dynamic range.
- Headphone Output: Equipped with a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, the HEOS 7 features automatic speaker muting when a headphone plug is inserted into the headphone jack.
- Auxiliary Analog Line Input: The 3.5mm stereo analog auxiliary line input lets users connect a device with analog stereo output directly to the HEOS 7.
- Music Subscription Services: The HEOS app lets you choose from popular subscription streaming services including Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, SoundCloud, TIDAL and Rhapsody. More services will be added soon.
- Internet Radio Stations Streaming: Choose from your favorite internet radio stations and listen to MP3 and WMA streaming audio.
- Audio Formats Supported:
- WMA: Up to and including 192kbps
- AAC and MP3: Up to and including 320kbps
- WAV, ALAC and FLAC: Up to and including 24-bit/192kHz.
- *AIFF and DSD support are coming soon
- Bluetooth Supported: Play on one speaker or add other HEOS speakers in party mode.
- Picture Formats Supported: HEOS 7 supports JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF album art picture formats.
- USB Drives Supported: HEOS 7 supports USB thumb drives via the built-in USB port. Music content on a USB drive can be played back locally, or on any or all HEOS players on your network.
- Wireless Connection: Connect to your wireless network quickly and easily. HEOS 7 supports the latest 802.11 networks (including dual band "N") for the most reliable network connection.
- Wired Connection: Connect to your home or office LAN system via the RJ-45 wired LAN port.
- Ideal for: large rooms and open areas such as living rooms, patios, or open-floor-plan homes.
- Drive Units: two tweeters, two mid-woofers, and one woofer
- Bluetooth Capability: Yes
- High Resolution Audio Support: Yes
- Enclosure Design: two passive radiators
- Amplifier Channels: 5
- 3.5mm audio line-in connection: Yes (1)
- USB port for direct connection of stored music: Yes (1)
- Wired Network: Ethernet Jack (1)
- Wireless Network: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard on 2.4GHz and 5Ghz bands
- 3.5mm Headphone Output jack: Yes (1)
- Includes threaded hole for wall/stand mounting: No
- Placement: Horizontal
- Power Supply: 100~240 Volts AC, 50~60 Hz, auto-switching power adapter
- Controls and Indicators:
- Volume up/down
- Mute / Mute button LED indicator
- Multicolored LED status indicator
- Network ‘connect’ button (rear)
- Recessed reset button (rear)
- Bluetooth ‘connect’ button (rear)
- 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Weight: 9.9 lbs; 4.5 kg
- Multiple Language Support: English, French, Spanish
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8 x 18.9 x 6.5 inches; 203 x 479 x 164 mm
- Operating Temperature Range: 41°F~95°F; 5°C~35°C
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HEOS 7 player
- AC power adapter
- 3.5mm setup cable
- Ethernet cable for wired LAN hookup
- Quick Start guide.
Customer Reviews for Denon HEOS 7 Five-Driver Wireless Speaker System - Series 2
The app was very easy to use. Just add the app which is a free download to your device. Then choose the many different areas to stream your music from such as Pandora, iheart RADIO or music on your device. Your device acts as your remote so you can control the music from anywhere in your house that is within your Wifi range.
The sound of the speaker is crystal clear. It's loud enough to hear it on both floors of the house without being too loud. Easily adjust the volume from your device.
The only issue we have now is fighting with the rest of my family on whose music to listen to since each person can control the music from their own device. Looks like we will be purchasing the smaller speakers so each person could play their own music choice at the same time.
We are very happy with our purchase! Will definitely be purchasing additional speakers for the rest of the family. Great gifts also.
I had a quick listen to a bunch of offerings from the usual suspects; Sonos, Bose, Sony, Samsung, etc, not necessarily side-by-side, and decided to go with the Denon Heos 7, which is their top of the line model. I selected the Heos 7 because they sounded best to me in the showroom and because of Denon's engineering, my previous experience with their products, and their reputation as a respected audio manufacturer.
And boy, did I make the right choice! As soon as I unboxed it, I knew that this speaker was something special. It was easy to set up out of the box You simply download the Heos application onto your smart phone and within a few simple steps, you're streaming and listening to music. The Denon Heos 7 is by far the best sounding wireless speaker system I've heard to date and I've listened to many, including the market leading Sonos. None of the others come close to throwing a soundstage or producing the richness of sound like the Heos 7. I've got it temporarily set up in a fairly large sized room (12' x 20') with a 16 foot vaulted ceiling, and the imaging is incredible. Every genre of music sounds excellent and the bass is respectable for such a small speaker. No boominess or distortion even at loud playing levels.
The Heos app is intuitive with just a minor delay when adjusting the sound or switching from track to track. I suspect the delay is attributed to the wireless network. There is support out of the box for a variety of music services including Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, etc. However, one thing I tried unsuccessfully to do was set up the Heos as a DLNA device so that I could stream Youtube. I guess I'll have to research this further if it's possible or call and ask Denon support.
The Heos 7 sounds great on it's own so I would love to hear how a two Heos system would sound as a stereo pair. On top of all this, the Heos 7 is a great looking speaker with a blue light glowing beneath it, so it definitely meets the WAF!
The app is also very intuitive and easy to use. And it is set up to funnel all of my music sources (both streaming and static).
I went ahead and bought two more speakers for my in-laws.
The App feels unfinished and clunky to use, the queuing is poor across multiple devices and the playlist creation is very unintuitive.
All the faults are in the app though and apps will be updated (hopefully quickly). This system has the potential to be awesome but at the moment lags behind Sonos in overall uability.
Best out there for now.