Denon DP-400 Overview
Denon’s latest turntable, the DP-400, doesn’t disappoint. Designed for audiophile reproduction, and outfitted with pre-installed cartridge and phono preamplifier, the DP-400 connects with any equipment you may own, from receiver or integrated amp to stand-alone powered speakers. The out-of-the-box experience is exceptional – only minutes from unpacking to playing. Sonic fidelity is paramount – the S-shaped tonearm reduces horizontal tracking error, the weighted platter is belt-driven for lower vibrations, and an auto-sensor adjusts for speed fluctuations for locked-in accuracy.
- Geometric S-shaped tonearm reduces tracking angle error
- Belt-drive weighted platter with auto-sensor speed correction
- Switchable phono preamplifier connects directly to powered speakers and line inputs
- Includes pre-mounted Denon moving-magnet cartridge
- Sleek, compact glossy black plinth blends with any modern equipment
- Sculpted dust cover with stand doubles as album cover display rack
- Cueing lever gently raises and lowers tonearm
- Automatic tonearm lift and shutoff at end of record side
- Three speeds – 33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm – to play any discs in your collection
- Dimensions: 16.2" (W) x 5.2" (H) x 13.7" (D)
- Weight: 12.4 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Connect to anything
The DP-400’s built-in, switchable phono preamplifier (made to match the included Denon moving-magnet cartridge, but you can easily swap in an advanced moving-coil model) adds versatility. Connect easily to today’s varied equipment, whether line- or phono-level input, receiver, or amplifier, compact system or stand-alone powered speakers.
Oh, what curves
Geometrically speaking, the ideal tonearm would be tangential to each record groove, lead-in to lead-out. With a single pivot-point tonearm, that’s not physically possible. (There have been attempts at linear-tracking turntables over the years, most introducing their own mechanical issues.) The DP-400’s precision-engineered S-shaped tonearm minimizes tracking-angle error, all the way across the record.
A dedication to fidelity
The Denon DP-400, like every item in the legendary manufacturer’s line, is engineered for audiophile ears. The weighted platter is belt-driven to reduce the motor vibrations known as rumble. An auto-sensor monitors the speed of the platter and corrects for variations for locked-on accuracy. And the sleek and glossy plinth minimizes external vibrations while blending with any home system and décor.
Cool and convenient
Many turntables today are exercises in mechanical minimalism – which is fine until you fall asleep during the last track of the side and wake 20 minutes later to that annoying scratch/thump/scratch of the needle caught in the lead-out groove. The DP-400 is kind enough to you and your stylus to automatically lift off the record and stop spinning when the side ends.
if you admire album artwork, you’ll love the unique sculpted plexiglass dust cover with its own stand, designed to display record jackets. (Or leave it on as the record plays; it’s also designed to minimize transmission of external vibrations.)
- Drive type: Belt drive
- Motor: DC servo motor
- RPM speeds: 33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM
- Wow & flutter: 0.1% WRMS
- S/N ratio: 62dB
- Tonearm: Static balanced type
- Tonearm effective length: 220mm
- Overhang: 16mm
- Stylus pressure range: 0 - 4.0g (0-39.2mN), 1 gradation is 0.1g (0.98mN)
- Compatible cartridge weight: 5.0 - 13.0g, (59.2mN - 127.5mN)
- Cartridge: MM type
- Output voltage
- Equalizer off: 2.5mV
- Equalizer on: 150mV
- Optimum stylus pressure: 2.0g (19.6mN)
- Power supply: AC 100 - 230V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 10W
- In standby mode: 0.5W or less
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.2" x 5.2" x 13.7"
- Weight: 12.4 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- DP400 Hi-Fi Turntable with Speed Sensor
- Cartridge included
- Dust cover
Customer Reviews for Denon DP-400 Hi-Fi Turntable with Speed Sensor
it was breeze to install
plus speed selection is awesome
played 33 and 45 rpm
plus automatic stop is nice
1 month ago