DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable
The DP-300F has been designed with heavier base construction for reduced vibration and performance. The all new tonearm has a removable headshell making cartridge replacement simple. The standard mount headshell allows for any standard mount cartridge between 5 ~ 10 grams to be mounted and balanced. The automatic startup feature allows the turntable to begin play with the touch of a button, and once play has been completed, the tonearm will be returned to the armrest gently so that the stylus and record are not damaged or scratched. The turntable is made of rigid diecast aluminum to produce uniform rotation for smooth flutter free operation. There is also a manual lifter mechanism that allows you to place the needle on the record wherever you want, so you can skip to a different song in the middle of a side.
The DP-300F includes a built-in phono equalizer to connect the player to an integrated amp or receiver that does not have its own phono input. This turntable is powered by a DC servo motor and belt drive system and has rotation speeds of 33 1/3 or 45 rpm. It comes with a MM cartridge so that you can begin to enjoy your analog record collection as soon as you connect the DP-300F to your home hi-fi system.
Refined External Design
- The DP-300F's 4mm-thick cabinet wall that offers both strength and high density has been beautifully finished with a gloss coating. The straight tone arm and aluminum diecast turntable have been formed in a slim, textually attractive design. With a body width of 434mm, it combines very elegantly with full-size system components.
Fully Automatic Player
- When the 30cm or 17cm record size is selected, with a simple operation the tone arm automatically moves and plays the record and then returns when playback ends. Different cartridges can be used as desired, and since fine adjustments can also be made for anti-skating and zero balance, ideal conditions for playing a record can be achieved.
Straight Tone Arm
- The DP-300F's straight tone arm brings out the maximum performance of cartridges with superior tracing capabilities. The supplied cartridge can be replaced with a variety of commercially available cartridges. (Compatible cartridge weight: 5.0 - 10.0g)
Includes High-grade MM Cartridge
Diecast Aluminum Turntable
- The DP-300F's turntable has been constructed of diecast aluminum to achieve high inertial mass for stable rotation. The vibration-resistant turntable sheet is about 5mm thick and uses hologram vibration analysis to improve its ability to hold a record.
Built-in Phono Equalizer
- Since the DP-300F includes a built-in phono equalizer, it can be connected directly to a mini component or integrated amp that does not have a phono terminal. (On/Off Switchable)
Manual Arm Lifter
- The DP-300F is also equipped with an arm lifter mechanism to facilitate manual operation. The arm lifter makes it easy to place or remove the needle from any location on the record.
- Drive System:
- Wow & Flutter:
- Effective Length:
- Tracking Error:
- Stylus Pressure Range:
- Compatible Cartridge Weight:
- Type: MM
- Appropriate Need Pressure: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 5g
- Replacement Needle: DSN-85
- Supplied Headshell Weight: 10g
- Power Supply: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 2W
- 434 (W) x 122 (H) x 381 (D) mm
- 17.1 (W) x 4.8 (H) x 15.0 (D) inch (including feet)
- Weight: 5.5kg, 12.13lbs
Customer Reviews for Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable
As soon as my turntable came in the mail, I opened it up and set it up. Setup was easy and took all of 15 minutes, and from there I was off to the races. I threw my copy of Journey's Greatest Hits on the table, hit start, and was blown away. Great sound quality and super smooth operation from the automatic mechanism. A few records later and I'm beyond pleased with my new table. I've no doubt that this table will last me a long time, as evidenced by the fantastic sound it provides. I don't often write reviews, but I am so happy with the performance of this turntable that I had no other option but to leave a review. It you are on the edge, all I can do is recommend this table. You will absolutely not regret your decision to do so.
This would be a great turntable if it had a tonearm latch, RCA output jacks (not a lousy built in wire), a grounding wire, and better shielding. Nix the bad cartridge it comes with, and perhaps the built in preamp, and put the cost of those into these needed improvements.