Our take on the Denon DM40
The Denon DM40 Ultimate Micro System was designed for sound purity. Denon suppressed the distortion from three different sources of noise to produce a smooth, dramatic sound. This system easily blends into multiple settings of anyone’s daily life and delivers an outstanding performance regardless of the setting.
D-M40 Ultimate Micro System
Now there’s even more Denon in so little space: this micro component system has been continually developed to meet the needs of modern day audio fans. Besides its stunning stereo sound performance, this latest and refined model provides a digitally transmitted play function for iPhone / iPod via the front USB terminal, which certainly is also open to connect to any other USB sound device. Other traditional source as CD, FM radio (and in one version even the digital radio DAB are supported). For further expansion it offers two digital inputs so TV screens and set-top boxes can be connected easily to improve audio quality significantly. Following in the footsteps of the multi-award winning D-M39, the new D-M40 features a serious Hi-Fi quality CD Receiver RCD-M40 along with an optimized two-way speaker system SC-M40. The new D-M40 combines high-quality sound with a beautiful appearance.
For almost 20 years, Denon’s M Series has been developed to meet the needs of modern day audio enthusiasts wanting a micro size stereo system without compromising on sound and build quality. The D-M40 comes with improved connectivity options such as two digital optical inputs to hook up a TV, set-top box or other digital gear that would benefit from improved audio quality. Besides its stunning stereo sound performance, the D-M40’s USB port is not only capable of playing MP3 and WMA files, but also lossless FLAC, WAV and AAC. Moreover, it still provides a digitally transmitted play function for iDevices, upgrading the sound from these mobile devices dramatically. For very personal listening, the new D-M40 owns an upgraded headphone amplifier section with dedicated Gain Control.
Its 8.27" width and 12.13" depth compact size (plus speakers) allows for an easy setup of the D-M40 on a bookshelf, in a bedroom or in the home office. It easily blends into peoples' daily life, delivering impeccable performance at the same time. The renowned sound quality originates from Denon's "simple & straight" concept. All circuits are uncomplicated, signal paths are short, and all adverse influences on the sound signal have been minimized. The circuit design and the way the chassis is built ensure that the sound heard is utterly faithful to the original performance.
- Simple & straight circuit design
- Hi-power output, 30W x 2 (6ohm, 1 kHz)
- Triple Noise Reduction Design (T.N.R.D.)
- High-precision 192kHz/32bit DAC
- Upgraded Headphone Amplifier
- Gain control for a wide range of headphone
- High-grade speaker terminals (for RCD-M40)
- Speaker Optimizer for best performance with SC-M40
- SC-M40: European Sound Tuned Speaker System
- Digitally transmitted play function for iPhone/iPod/USB memory player via USB
- Front USB-A input supports FLAC 48/24, WAV 48/24, and AAC (in addition of MP3/WMA)
- 2 x optical inputs for TV or a digital gear (ie Apple TV)
- DAB / DAB+ (DAB Version Only)
- iPhone/iPod charging in standby mode.
- 2 Line FL display, to easily identify music tracks or broadcast stations
- Subwoofer preout
- System remote controller
- Interactive CD-ROM manual (except JP) and Quick Start Guide
- Simple & Straight circuit design for sound purity
- Denon’s popular M series gives you high sound quality based on the “simple & straight” concept. Circuitry is uncomplicated, signal paths are short, and all adverse influences on sound quality have been minimized. The circuit design and the way the chassis is built ensure that the sound you hear is utterly faithful to the original performance.
- Triple Noise Reduction Design (T.N.R.D.) to preserve signal purity
- Short signal path, to optimize performance in sound quality
- Thorough separation of digital and analog sections
- Precision signal ground circuit, to preserve signal purity
- In an audio component where various circuits, boards, and wire layouts can influence each other, it is not possible to obtain satisfying specifications or sound simply by strengthening the power amp circuit. Denon has therefore eliminated three sources of noise to ensure that the sound is as clean as possible. Distortion from the input selector, electronic volume and power amp has been suppressed to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and produce an even smoother, dramatic sound.
- High-precision 192kHz/32bit D/A converters to reproduce high definition sound
- Front USB-A Input for iDevice and Memory Player, and supports FLAC 48/24, WAV 48/24, and AAC (in addition of MP3/WMA)
- You can also listen to music files from your iPhone/iPod by simply connecting it to the USB port with the USB cable that came with the iPhone/iPod. Digital signals from the iPod are transmitted as is to the D-M40 and are processed by advanced audio circuitry to produce a clean, high-quality sound.
- 2 x optical inputs for for upgrading the sound of your Apple AirPort Express, or your TV set
- Upgraded Headphone Amplifier with Gain control
- High-grade speaker terminals (for RCD-M40)
- SC-M40: Further sound tuned speaker system
- These speakers have been designed with Denon Hi-Fi craftsmanship and European Sound engineering. For best performance a high quality new 12 cm woofer is combined with a high definition new tweeter and a new crossover network with selected components to reproduces the smoothness of natural sound.
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- CD-ROM Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Safety Manual
- Power Cord
- Remote Control
- AAA Batteries for remote
- FM antenna
- AM Loop
- Warranty Card