Questions? We're here to help.
AVR-X7200W 9.2 Channel Networked AV Receiver with HDCP2.2 Chipset
Designed to deliver the ultimate audio and video experience, the AVR-X7200W is packed with the latest audio, video and networking technologies, including Dolby Atmos surround decoding, which re-creates the stunning three-dimensional soundspace of the latest blockbuster movies.
Featuring built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, the AVR-X7200W lets you stream music wirelessly from your home network and connected devices, and features Apple AirPlay along with Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify Connect music streaming services, as well as internet radio streaming that lets you choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the globe. The built-in AM/FM tuner features HD Radio for superior sound quality.
Prepared for the future, the AVR-X7200W features an advanced video processor that can upscale and transcode standard definition and high definition video sources to 4K Ultra HD, and it also features full compatibility with the latest 4:4:4 Pure Color 4K Ultra HD specification and 60 Hz frame rate.
The audio section is fully outfitted with the latest high resolution audio technologies, and includes the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced sound processing functions, including Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 automatic room acoustic measurement and correction, and Audyssey Sub EQ HT which provides precision measurement and correction for dual subwoofer setups.
Rated at 260 watts per channel maximum output power, the AVR-X7200W features no less than 9 power amplifier channels, each one identical to the others, and all feature Denon's exclusive DHCT (Denon High Current Transistor) discrete power output devices that operate in Class AB mode, and all channels are rated to drive lower impedance 4 ohm speaker loads.
This model features the all-new upgraded HDCP2.2 chipset, which is the latest evolution of copy protection. It's designed to create a secure connection between a source and a display. Specifically, this upgrade will help copy protection for those with an UltraHD 4K TV, and will not affect older TV and Blu-ray player models. It's important to note that, if you intend to purchase a 4K television in the near future, to make sure the specifications list HDCP2.2 as a compatible chip.
- By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D® creates the sensation of actually ‘being there’. Thanks to a unique configuration of ‘Height channels’, acoustic reflections are generated and heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener. Either 1 or 2 additional layers (HEIGHT and TOP – a.k.a. “Voice of God” channel) with speakers are mounted above the existing Surround layer at ear-level to produce Auro-3D®’s defining ‘vertical Stereo field’. The height information, captured in recording or created during the mixing process, is mixed into a standard 5.1 PCM stream that comes with a regular Blu-ray. Moreover, the Auro-3D® Engine combines different technologies to guarantee an optimum 3D sound experience generated both natively and from existing audio content.
Dolby Atmos Surround Decoding
- Launched in premium movie theaters in 2012, Dolby Atmos has revolutionized cinema surround sound, discarding the decades-old channel-based sound mixing approach in favor of much more advanced object-based sound mixing that features the ability to place sounds in specific planes - horizontally all around you as well as vertically via overhead speakers.
- Quickly becoming the choice of top Hollywood directors, sound designers and mixing engineers, Dolby Atmos has become the de facto standard sound mixing and theater playback system, and the AVR-X7200W with Dolby Atmos decoding lets you experience the same thrilling three-dimensional surround sound effect at home.
- Unlike channel-based surround sound, Dolby Atmos is fully scalable to precisely deliver the true theatrical experience in the home, and dynamically adjusts the in-home sound mix depending on the type and placement of the speakers in your home theater.
- The AVR-X7200W gives you tremendous flexibility in configuring your home theater setup, thanks in part to the 9 amplifier channels that let you connect a 5 speaker surround system plus 1 or 2 subwoofers along with 2 pairs of overhead speakers. Or, you can connect a 7 speaker plus subwoofers system along with 1 pair of overhead speakers.
4K Ultra HD 50/60 Hz Pass-through
- The advanced video section features the ability to handle next generation 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz video, with all rear panel HDMI inputs conforming to the latest HDMI 4K 50/60 Hz specification. 4:4:4 Pure Color pass-through is also provided, for compatibility with forthcoming high color resolution 4K Ultra HD content.
- There are 3 HDMI outputs (2 for the main room including 1 with Audio Return Channel and 1 for the second zone) that let you enjoy 2 different sources in 2 different rooms at the same time.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration Controls
- Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AVR-X7200W features a full selection of advanced ISFccc video calibration adjustments that lets a video calibration technician optimize picture quality with any TV or front projector.
Built-in Wi-Fi, Built-in Bluetooth and AirPlay, DLNA
- Stream your favorite music wirelessly to the AVR-X7200W via the built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features, which include dual antennas for optimum transmission quality, even in congested environments. The Bluetooth function features automatic power on and pairing, and up to 8 devices can be remembered.
- Apple AirPlay seamlessly integrates your favorite iOS devices, including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad so you can enjoy all your favorite iTunes tracks wirelessly. There's also DLNA 1.5 compatibility to you can enjoy content from your home PC or Mac.
Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify Connect and Internet Radio; HD Radio
- Listen to your favorite tracks and music genres via Pandora, SiriusXM and Spotify Connect streaming services (not all services are available in all markets, subscription required), and choose from literally thousands of internet radio stations from around the globe.
- Enjoy your favorite local radio stations with HD Radio. With HD Radio, AM sounds like FM, and FM sounds like CD.
Advanced DSP Processing
The AVR-X7200W features an advanced DSP processing block with 4 32-bit floating point DSP processors working in concert and which have a combined processing power of over 10 billion computational operations per second. These powerful DSP processors provide simultaneous surround decoding and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room acoustic correction and other DSP functions all operating at the same time.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels
- For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion the AVR-X7200W features advanced reference-class AK4490 32-bit D/A converters on all channels, including the subwoofer outputs. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:X Decoding
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio deliver superb fidelity via lossless audio coding (no compression) for the widest frequency response and broadest dynamic range.
- DTS Neo:X uses advanced DSP algorithms to derive up to 11 channels, including front height and front width channels that dramatically expand the front soundstage.
Audyssey Platinum Suite
- Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AVR-X7200W features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. The AVR-X7200W is also Audyssey Pro Installer ready.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume smoothes out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialog, music and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal tailoring for full range clarity at any listening level.
Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration. Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion dramatically broadens the surround soundstage for the ultimate surround sound experience with the option of connecting front height and/or front wide speakers.
Denon Link HD; Denon AL32 Multi Channel Processing
- When connected to a compatible Denon disc player, their exclusive Denon Link HD system provides a dedicated pathway for the critical timing data to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors in the main data stream.
Denon's exclusive AL32 Multi Channel processing provides ultra high resolution digital audio filtering along with precision noise shaping on all of the audio channels to deliver shimmering detail in the highs, along with smooth natural midrange and a broad soundstage with improved imaging.
Powerful 9 Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
- For optimum sound quality across all channels, the AVR-X7200W features a sophisticated power amplifier section with all 9 channels configured identically employing their exclusive DHCT (Denon High Current Transistor discrete power output devices. Each channel is rated at 150 watts (8 ohms, 20Hz~20kHz, 0.05%THD), and all channels are able to safely drive lower impedance speakers (down to 4 ohms).
- Denon's advanced Eco amplifier mode adjusts power consumption according to signal level, and there's an on-screen Eco Mode display that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
- You can easily configure the AVR-X7200W for multi-room listening by hooking up a second pair of speakers to two of the amp channels, which lets you enjoy 7.1 channel surround sound in the main room, while others enjoy stereo sound from a different source in another room in the home.
- 2 of the 3 HDMI outputs also let you enjoy surround sound and video in the main room, while others enjoy a different source in another room via the 3rd HDMI output.
- For even more multi-room options, the AVR-X7200W features variable level 2nd and 3rd zone stereo pre-amp outputs for connection to external power amplifiers and speakers and you can enjoy HDMI and digital audio sources in the 2nd and 3rd zones thanks to mulizone digital to analog conversion. Denon's all zone stereo feature also allows you to play the same signal in all zones with the touch of a button. Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- With a single subwoofer setup, room acoustics and the subwoofer's location may not deliver optimum deep bass response. Instead, because of room resonances, deep bass quality may be uneven.
- With the AVR-X7200W's dual subwoofer outputs, you can connect dual subwoofers, and place them in different parts of the room, and enjoy smoother and more accurate deep bass response.
11 Color Coded 4-Way Speaker Terminals
- The high quality speaker terminals feature multi-way connectors to handle various types of cable terminations, and they're all color coded for correct hookup the very first time. Color coded speaker labels are also included to ensure quick and correct hookup with no hassle. There's also the option of connecting 2 pairs of main (L/R) speakers - choose one pair for stereo music listening and the other pair for movie surround sound.
External Control and IP Control Capabilities
- As part of Denon's IN·Command series of custom integration-friendly A/V components, the AVR-X7200W is equipped with a range of features that provide enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions.
- For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the AVR-X7200W features IR (infrared) remote control input and output ports on the rear panel.
- The AVR-X7200W can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or via Wi-Fi wireless connection.
- There's also an RS-232C serial port on the rear panel that allows connection to a whole-home control system, and the AVR-X7200W features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification and Crestron Connected for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
- Dual 12V trigger outputs are provided, which lets you connect the AVR-X7200W to a drop-down front projection screen, motorized drapes, or other component or system that can be remotely activated via 12V trigger signals.
Easy To Use Quick Select Functions
- There are 4 Quick Select function buttons on the front panel that let you choose your favorite sources quickly, and the AVR-X7200W will remember your preferred sound settings for each source. There are also 4 Quick Select function buttons on the ergonomic remote control.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- The AVR-X7200W comes with a Quick Setup guide, and has an intuitive on-screen Setup Assistant that will have your system fully configured with a minimum of fuss and bother. You can even control the setup via your PC's web browser, or use their available Denon Remote apps with your favorite smart device.
New Tablet Apps
- In addition to the available Denon smartphone apps, they've created a new Denon Remote app specifically for tablet devices, and it's available for iPads, Android tablets as well as the Kindle Fire.
Convenient USB Port
- On the front panel, there's a convenient USB port that lets you stream tunes from your iPod, iPod touch, or iPad and charge it at the same time. You can also use the USB port to stream tracks from a USB memory device or NAS, and the AVR-X7200W features DSD (2.8 MHz) and lossless AIFF, ALAC, FLAC,and WAV decoding for the ultimate high resolution music experience.
- DTS HD Master
- Dolby Surround
- Multichannel Stereo
- DTS Neo:X
- Auro 3D: upgradeable
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 11.2
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos
- Audyssey DSX
- Mono Block Power Amp Construction: L/R separated
- Gold Plated RCA Terminals
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Discrete Power Amplifier
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Audyssey LFC
- D.D.S.C. HD Digital
- Alpha Processing
- Compressed Audio Restorer
- Pure Direct
- Denon Link HD
- High Grade Audio Components
- Audyssey: MultEQ XT32 (PRO)
- DLNA Certified: v1.5
- Photo Streaming (JPEG)
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Ethernet Ports
- Lossless Formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV
- Windows PlayTo / Windows8 Certified
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 96/24
- Internet Radio (vTuner)
- DSD Audio Streaming
- Spotify Connect / Pandora / SiriusXM
- Gapless playback: (FLAC, WAV)
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Android / iOS
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front - 7 / 1
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction
- HDCP 2.2 support
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone - 2 / 1
- 3D Signal Pass-through
- DSD Audio Capability
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI
- 4K Signal Pass-through / Scaling / GUI Overlay
- Audio Return Channel
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode
- Auto LipSync
- Multi-Room Zones: 3
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source
- DC Trigger Output: 2
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI (2 ch) / Opt, Coax (2 ch) / Network, USB / Analog
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout
- Remote In / Out
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ XT32 + PRO
- Setup Assistant
- Bass Sync
- FL Display: 2 lines
- Quick Select Plus
- ECO Mode
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Advanced
- Firmware Update by: Network / USB
- Auto Power Off
- ISF Certification
- Variable Cross Over
- Sleep Timer
- GUI Languages: 3
- Optimized Bass Redirection
- Composite In / Out: 4+1 / 2
- Multi-room Out: Analog (2)
- Bi-amp Drive: Assignable
- Component In / Out: 3 / 1
- Multichannel Preout: 13.2
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: Assignable
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 3
- Subwoofer Out: 2 (independent)
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / HDMI / USB
- Multi-room Video Out: Video / HDMI
- 7.1 Multichannel Input
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone
- Analog In: 6+1
- Speaker Terminal: Gold Plated Screw
- Phono (MM) In
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 11
- AM/FM Tuner: HD Radio
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / 2
- Speaker A / B: Assignable
- Number of Poweramps: 9
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive): 150 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive): 260 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 190 W
- Metal Front Panel
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO On / Off) in W: 70 W / 125 W
- System Remote Control: RC-1194
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.1
- Pre-programmed / Learnable / LCD Display
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Power Consumption in W: 780
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 4.5
- Maximum Dimensions
- Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches: 17.1 x 17.2 x 7.7
- Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches: 17.1 x 17.2 x 10.2
- W/O Antenna: (W x D x H) in Inches: 17.1 x 16.9 x 7.7
- Weight in LBS: 37.7