AVR-S710W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Break the sonic boundaries with the AVR-S710W 7.2 channel A/V receiver which features Dolby Atmos immersive surround decoding, delivering breathtaking surround sound with today's advanced movie soundtracks. With Dolby Atmos you'll experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters, with the ability to create an overhead surround soundfield that dramatically expands the sonic space. And, via a firmware update (available fall 2015), the AVR-S710W will be able to decode DTS:X soundtracks, which also deliver an immersive 3-dimensional soundspace.
Prepared for the future, the AVR-S710W features an advanced video processing and signal handling system, including the latest HDMI 2.0a specification which provides for 4K Ultra HD full rate 60 Hz content, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 aspect ratio pass-through. It's also HDCP 2.2 compliant, which is a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that deliver robust signal transmission and reception. Stream your favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AVR-S710W, and enjoy easy control via Denon's available iOS, Android and Kindle apps.
- HDCP 2.2/ HDMI 2.0a (full 4K rate)
- Dolby Atmos 5.1.2
- DTS:X via future firmware update
- Equal Power discrete amplifiers
- 165 Watts/ Channel (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel driven)
- 75 Watts/Channel (8Ω, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD, 1 channel driven)
- Assignable Surround Back channels for 7.2 OR Multi-Zone use
- Supports 3D, ARC, CEC
- 6 Rear Panel HDMI Input
- 1 HDMI output
- 1 Front Panel HDMI Input
- Dual-Antenna WiFi built in
- Bluetooth Audio with 8 device memory built in
- iOS Compatible USB input
- Audyssey MultEQ auto setup and room EQ with microphone
- AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Internet Radio, Spotify, Pandora, Flickr, and SiriusXM
- iOS and Android control app-ready
- New horizontally arranged, Binding Post speaker terminals
- AM/FM Stereo Tuner
- 2 analog audio input
- For decades, movie surround soundtracks have been channel-based. Dolby's revolutionary Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AVR-S710W, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 additional Dolby Atmos-certified up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theater experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding, the AVR-S710W also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies.
- The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the AVR-S710W features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Advanced Quad-Core 32-bit DSP Processor
- Featuring an advanced quad-core 32-bit DSP processor, the AVR-S710W easily handles multi-thread processing tasks, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoding, Audyssey room acoustic correction, bass management and DSP surround simulation. The processor features tremendous processing power, with 4 300-MHz DSP cores that deliver over 1 billion computations per second.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
- Featuring 6 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the AVR-S710W incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specifications, including support for 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz full rate video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The AVR-S710W also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
- Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AVR-S710W is equipped with an advanced dual antenna RF transceiver system, for robust and error-free streaming even in congested urban environments. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port) and enjoy your favorite tracks from streaming music services such as Pandora, Spotify Connect and Sirius XM. You can also choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world, and enjoy music from virtually every genre.
- With AirPlay, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device, including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and the AVR-S710W is also DLNA 1.5 certified for compatibility with your home PC or Mac.
- Their Denon Remote App lets you easily control the AVR-S710W with your favorite portable device, and is available for Apple and Android devices as well as the Kindle Fire.
Full Specification 4K Ultra HD Compatibility
- In addition to handling 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, the AVR-S710W also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- With their exclusive Setup Assistant along with the Quick Start Guide, you can connect and configure your home theater system quickly and easily. The Setup Assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that quickly and easily guide you through the setup process, optimizing critical system settings for the best possible sound quality.
Powerful 7 Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
- Featuring high current discrete power output devices, the AVR-S710W delivers high power and is rated at a maximum of 165 watts per channel. There's also an Auto Eco mode that adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level, as well as an on-screen Eco meter that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
- For compatibility with the widest range of loudspeaker models, the AVR-S710W is also equipped with low impedance drive capability, to provide operational stability with speakers rated at 4 ohms.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- The AVR-S710W features dual subwoofer outputs, which lets you connect two smaller subwoofers instead of a single, larger sub, and enjoy the benefits of response averaging by having two subs in different locations in the room. With dual subwoofers, deep bass is smoother and more detailed, minimizing the peaks and dips that often result with a single subwoofer setup.
Audyssey Bronze Built-In
- Denon was the first A/V manufacturer to embrace Audyssey's advanced DSP audio processing, and the AVR-S710W features the Audyssey Bronze suite of powerful DSP features, including MultEQ room acoustic measurement and DSP correction. Via the supplied measuring microphone and mic stand, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose. Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels.
- You can configure the AVR-S710W for a 7 channel home theater surround system, or you can choose to have a 5 channel surround system in the main room, with 2 of the amplifier channels dedicated to drive separate stereo speakers in another room. Enjoy a surround sound movie in one room, while others can enjoy stereo sound from a different source in a second room, at the same time.
Color Coded Speaker Terminals
- For maximum ease of setup, the AVR-S710W features a horizontal row of premium loudspeaker connection terminals, and the color coded connection system includes a set of color coded speaker cable labels that helps ensure correct speaker cable hookup the very first time.
Easy To Use Quick Select Functions
- The AVR-S710W's front panel features 4 Quick Select function buttons, so you can quickly choose from the most popular sources, and the system remembers your preferred audio settings for each one. The ergonomic remote control also features dedicated Quick Select buttons for additional ease of use.
Stylish Front Panel Design
- The elegant front panel features a stylish brushed hairline metalized finish along with dual control knobs for volume control and input selection. The graphical display features clear text as well as easy to understand icons that let you instantly see the source selected, volume level and other important information.
- DTS HD Master
- DTS:X: Receives updates
- Dolby Surround
- Multichannel Stereo
- DTS Neural:X: 7ch, receives updates
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 7.1
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Discrete Power Amplifier
- Compressed Audio Restorer
- Audyssey: MultEQ
- DLNA Certified: v1.5
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless Formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV
- Photo Streaming (JPEG)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Windows PlayTo / Windows8 Certified
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 96/24
- DSD Audio Streaming
- Gapless playback: FLAC, WAV
- Internet Radio (vTuner)
- Spotify Connect / Pandora / SiriusXM
- Ethernet Ports
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Android / iOS
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets: Android / iOS
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front: 5 / 1
- HDCP 2.2 support
- HDMI Outputs: Main: 1
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- 3D Signal Pass-through
- 4K Signal Pass-through
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode
- Audio Return Channel
- Auto LipSync
Multi-room / CI
- Multi-Room Zones: 2
- Zone Audio Source: Network, USB / Analog
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker
- App Control
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ
- FL Display: 1 line
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Hybrid GUI
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant
- Quick Select Plus
- Firmware Update by: Network / USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimized Bass Redirection
- ECO Mode
- Auto Power Off
- Sleep Timer
- Composite In / Out: 2 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 1
- Analog In: 2
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Multichannel Preout: 0.2
- Subwoofer Out: 2
- Speaker Terminal: Regular Screw
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 7
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: assignable
- Front Inputs: HDMI / USB
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone
- AM/FM Tuner
- Number of Poweramps: 7
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): 80 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 120 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive): 175 W
- System Remote Control: RC-1189
- Power Consumption in W: 430
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO On / Off) in W: 30 W / 45 W
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.1
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 2.7
- Maximum Dimensions
- Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches: 17.1 x 13.3 x 6
- Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches: 17.1 x 13.3 x 8.5
- Weight in LBS: 19