- Room-filling sound, perfect for high-stakes action flicks
- Wireless subwoofer built for room-shaking lows
- Connect via PlayFi to stream your favorite tracks wirelessly
- Download the free Definitive Technology app to match compatible speakers
Sound Bar System with Wireless Streaming
The W Studio sound bar system is Definitive Technology’s flagship wireless soundbar that perfectly blends high-performance theater sound with hi-resolution musical reproduction. The W Studio is part of Definitive Technology’s Wireless Collection which is an all-encompassing solution for distributing audiophile-grade music anywhere or everywhere in your home. Stream your favorite music services, internet radio and your personal digital music library all from your smartphone, tablet or computer. The W Studio’s purposefully slim design (only 3.5” deep) is only overshadowed by its fit and finish, featuring solid aluminum end caps. The W Studio uses Definitive Technology’s proprietary Spatial Array technology that aids in creating a high-definition, room-filling 5.1 channel surround sound experience. The compact wireless subwoofer creates waves of big bass via its downward firing 8-inch woofer, bass port and robust 200 Watt amplifier. HDMI switching for both audio and video maximizes this home theater’s high performance potential.
W Studio Highlights:
- Dedicated speakers for all 5.1 channels
- Definitive Technology's patented Spatial Array Technology
- Dolby Digital, DTS Digital Surround, DTS TruSurround
- HDMI port
- Wireless subwoofer
W Studio Features:
Start with one, then add throughout your home
- Play-Fi is the wireless streaming technology that brings all the music from your mobile device to your speakers at home. You can finally enjoy your music out loud, with family and friends, in every room of your house. Play-Fi allows you to send the same song to multiple speakers, play a different song in every room, or control speakers independently with individual devices (perfect for a family with different musical tastes!). Use the Play-Fi app to set up, link and control speakers around the house. Stream your own content, or choose from a variety of leading global music services. Play-Fi can transmit lossless audio at CD quality to up to 16 speakers or components on your network. Play-Fi also lets your W Studio work with other Play-Fi speakers from other manufacturers so you can easily mix and match different wireless speaker brands. It’s all at your fingertips.
Definitive Technology Apps
- The free Definitive Technology App allows you to mix-and-match speakers with the open PlayFi™ Technology standard and future-proof your home music solution. The Definitive Technology Utility App provides extended functionality, including product firmware updates, source selection (if applicable) and EQ settings for the W Amp.
What Obsession Sounds Like
- There’s a fine line between loving music and being obsessed with it. When it comes to making music sound the best it can sound, Definitive Technology has a hard time believing that good enough is acceptable. It has to be flawless. Perfect. Uncompromising. In short, they think it would be crazy to give music anything less than everything it deserves.
Definitive Technology W Studio Specifications:
- Wireless Connectivity: 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz
- Inputs/Outputs: HDMI 1.4a in (3), HDMI 1.4a out (1), Toslink Optical input (1), Analog 3.5 mm mini-jack AUX (1), USB-A for firmware updates and phone charging
- Tweeter Quantity: 3 aluminum dome
- Tweeter Diameter: 1" (2.54cm)
- Mid/Woofer Quantity: 6
- Mid/Woofer Diameter: 3" (7.62cm)
- Soundbar Dimensions (H x W x D): 3 3/10" (8.38cm) x 43" (109.22cm) x 3 3/10" (8.38cm)
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D): 14" (35.56cm) x 12 1/2" (31.75cm) x 12 4/5" (32.51cm)
Customer Reviews for Definitive Technology W Studio Soundbar and Subwoofer System with Wireless Streaming (Black)
(-) Lacks Bluetooth, ARC/HDMI interface for 4K TVs to enable higher-resolution audio.
It gives a good sound and the wireless subwoofer (because it only needs power) can be placed anywhere near an electrical outlet--it doesn't also need its own wiriting for sound.