Questions? We're here to help.
The Most Advanced Technologies for the Most Advanced Performance
If you love great sound you must experience Definitive's StudioMonitor 45. Its combination of advanced technologies such as our patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) bass/midrange driver, phase-coherent crossover network and rock-solid enclosure deliver a best-in-class sonic performance.
Phase-Coherent Crossover Networks
The crossover network is the real heart of a loudspeaker as it is responsible for perfectly blending together the sound of the various drivers into a musically seamless whole. The sophisticated design used in the SM45 features premium audiophile-grade components such as oversized inductors, Mylar capacitors for linear phase and frequency response. An integrated Zobel network flattens the impedance of the system so that even budget amplifiers will be able to drive the SM45. This preserves the phase coherence, transient response and dynamic integrity of the signal for absolutely lifelike music and home theater reproduction in your home.
Slim Elegant Styling - Rock Solid Performance
The specially contoured high gloss baffle around the drivers and the tapered enclosure sides enhance sound quality by minimizing diffraction distortion. The enclosure's most important job is to be totally inert and resonance free so as not to color the sound. And that's just we did in engineering the SM enclosures. Internal MDF cross braces further stiffen the system. Tap on the side panel of a StudioMonitor 45 enclosure to hear the solid "thud" of a solid, well-damped cabinet instead of the hollow ring of a poorly constructed speaker.
The Proof is in the ListeningThis extraordinary speaker sets a new reference standard for high-accuracy loudspeakers in its class and achieves equally superb performance with both music and movies. The StudioMonitor 45 reproduces a silky smooth, incredibly detailed sonic image at lifelike volume levels with a sense of ease which is truly remarkable. Movies and music are reproduced with unequaled purity, transparency and lifelike realism.
- Second generation patented 5-1/4" BDSS mid/bass driver with Linear Response Waveguide technology for flat, accurate response with micro-detail retrieval and three-dimensional imaging
- Second generation pure aluminum dome tweeter for smooth, extended highs
- Non-resonant braced enclosure ensures pure, uncolored performance
- High-gloss anti-diffraction baffle and shaped enclosures reduce diffraction for open and spacious imaging
- Crossover network features oversize inductors and premium Mylar capacitors for audiophile-grade sound quality
- Integrated Zobel network makes the SM45 easy for amplifiers to drive
- Double-flared bass vent for extended bass response with low distortion
- Heavy-duty 5-way binding posts ensure convenient and secure wire termination
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz- 30 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Height: 14 11/16" (37.31cm)
- Width: 9 11/16" (24.61cm)
- Depth: 14 3/4" (37.47cm)