Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 Center Channel Speaker - the heart of a spectacular Home Theater system
The ProCenter 1000 is Definitive's "Better" center speaker in the acclaimed Pro Series. A ProCenter 1000 along with four ProMonitor 800s or ProMonitor 1000s and a matching ProSub makes a complete ProCinema system. All the components of the system are packed and sold separately allowing you to mix and match Pro Series components to build the system that best suits your needs.
Don't let the ProCenter 1000's small size and affordable price fool youit is a remarkably sophisticated product with huge sound. The 1000 incorporates many of the same technologies as Definitive's top-of-the-line models including BDSS drivers, pure aluminum dome tweeters, and planar pressure coupled mid/bass radiators for home theater sound quality that will astound you.
Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 Center Channel Speaker Highlights:
- Huge speaker sound from tiny, easy to place center channel speaker
- Pressure-coupled mid/bass radiators deliver rich, warm sound
- Can be shelf or wall mounted
- Enjoy clear, high definition sound thanks to exclusive BDSS technology drivers
- Available in either Black or White high gloss finishes
Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 Center Channel Speaker Features:
The Secret to Its Big Sound
- Competing center channel speakers of this size usually have weak lower-midrange response; that part of the audio range that contains the "warmth" and "body" of voices and musical instruments. Listen to a male vocal on typical small satellite speakers and you will instantly hear what we mean. The ProCenter avoids this critical problem by pressure-coupling our exclusive BDSS technology drivers to two equal-sized mid/bass radiators cleverly placed on the sides of the speaker. This technique doubles the lower-midrange/bass radiating area of the speaker without increasing the size of the enclosure. You'll enjoy the kind of rich, warm and life-like sound quality that you thought was only possible with big, hard-to-place speakers.
Center Channel Muscle
- As much as 75% of a movie's soundtrack is played by the center channel loudspeaker making it arguably the most important speaker in a home theater system. It is the key to getting intelligible dialog and true-to-life sound effects. So we lavished extra attention on the ProCenter 1000. It features 2 of the same BDSS drivers as used in ProMonitor 800 satellites along with 2 mid/bass radiators on the sides of the enclosure, allowing it to play loud and clear with high tonal accuracy.
Easy to Place, Easy to Use
- Small enough to disappear in a room but beautiful when in plain view, the ProCenter 1000 can be shelf or top-of-TV-mounted. Its built-in foot allows you to adjust the angle of the speaker in the vertical plane to aim the speaker at listener's ear height. Or you can wall mount it using two optional ProMount 80 articulating wall mounts.
- Sonically, the ProCenter 1000 is a revelation in terms of achieving incredible sound at an affordable price. It fulfills with aplomb its most important job of delivering perfectly clear and intelligible dialog to every listener in the room. It dishes out high impact sound effects with distortion-free dynamics but is also capable of great subtlety to excel equally with music or movies.
Customer Reviews for Definitive Technology ProCinema ProCenter 1000 Center Channel Speaker
I was very reluctant to purchase since this particular manufacturer name was not familiar to me. Secondly I was not sure how it would sound with the Bose speakers in the front and surround. Due to limited space I took my chance. It has been one week since I bought. After connecting and setting up the Audassy, the sound reproduction is great. It took to a different dimensions with the rest of the speakers. The ProCenter 1000 is very crispy and has a very good definition. The whole set up gives you a depth and could hear to the complete spectrum of the sound. I would recommend to anyone . I am very satisfied.