Definitive Technology Demand Series D9 High Performance Bookshelf Speaker Overview
It is time to rethink everything you thought you knew about speakers. Long gone are the days of rearranging your living space to make room for bulky unattractive cabinets. The Definitive Technology Demand Series D9 High performance bookshelf speakers are lightweight, compact speakers that are small enough to stick on a bookshelf but powerful enough to shake the floors of your home. These elegantly designed two-way speakers feature an aluminum dome tweeter, midrange/woofer and a variety of next-generation proprietary audio technologies to deliver a rich soundstage, accurately reproducing music exactly how the artist intended it to be heard. Highs are crisp and clear. Mids are lush and full. Bass is deep and impactful. Whether you are listening to Jay-Z or Beethoven, the D9 delivers a unique listening experience as pure as a trip to concert hall.
- Compact bookshelf speaker delivers full, room-filling sound and precise imaging
- Passive 2-way crossover delivers full, rich and powerful soundstage
- Offset tweeter delivers precise center stereo image
- BDSS™ midrange/woofer delivers full mids and punchy bass
- Linear Response Waveguide™ delivers natural mids and more precise imaging
- Integrated passive bass radiator produces powerful low-end
- Removable magnetic grille
- MDF cabinet with natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle eliminates distortion
- Total Frequency Response: 44 Hz - 24,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- D9 Weight: 32.4 lbs
- D9 Dimensions ( H x W x D): 11.71” x 6.5” x 11.97”
- Warranty: 5 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
True Two-Way Sound
The Definitive Technology Demand Series D9 High performance bookshelf speakers deliver full range two-way sound, with an aluminum dome tweeter delivering crystal clear high, while a BDSS™ (Balanced Double Surround System) Midrange/woofer provides lush mids and impressively deep bass. Whether you are enjoying a traditional stereo listening experience, or you utilize these speakers as part of a home theater system, the Definitive Technology Demand Series D9’s deliver crisp, powerful, full-range sound.
Room-filling sound and precise imaging
The tweeter and midrange/woofer of the Definitive Technology Demand Series D9 speaker uses the most advanced audio technology to deliver smooth and powerful audio that is faithful to the artist’s intentions. An offset aluminum dome tweeter coupled with a 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens that creates a precise and centered stereo that is free of distortion and eliminates speaker vibration. A patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) midrange/woofer delivers detailed mids and powerful and articulate bottom end.
This speaker looks as good as it sounds. Each D9 speaker is meticulously handcrafted to deliver a transcendent listening experience. With artisan-quality details, each cabinet is meticulously sanded, painted with five layers of premium black gloss paint and buffed to a near-mirror finish. Each monitor's acoustically transparent magnetic black grille provides natural, uncolored sound and can be easily removed for when it is time to for the speaker to be shown off.
Every detail of the D9 is designed to enhance your listening experience. The speaker drivers are housed inside a resonance-deadening MDF cabinet, that eliminates vibration and unwanted distortion, while improving overall sound quality. The magnetic black grille helps the speaker blend into your room’s interior decorating while creating an acoustically transparent listening experience.
Optimize your listening experience
These speakers are far too attractive to hide away on some shelf. Purchase the optional ST1 Speakers Stands and put your speakers front and center. The ST1 stands place your speakers at the optimal listening height, positioning your D9 speakers at ear height, so you experience full and powerful audio.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11.71" x 6.5" x 11.97"
- Driver enclosure type: MDF cabinet with extruded natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle
- Driver complement
- 5.25" diameter polypropylene BDSS bass - mid/woofer
- 1" diameter annealed aluminum dome and laterally offset - tweeter
- 5" x 9" (H x W) passive - bass radiator
- Total frequency response: 44Hz - 24Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 88dB
- Lower and upper - 3dB limits: 64Hz - 22Hz
- Mounting type: 1/4" - 20 threaded insert
- Speaker inputs: 5-way binding posts - gold plated
- Recommended amplifier power per channel: 20W - 150W
- A/V receiver crossover settings: Small (80Hz)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Demand Series D9 High-Performance Bookshelf Speakers - Pair