- Lightweight and compact shelf-sized speaker delivers powerful room-filling sound
- Passive 2-way crossover delivers full soundstage
- Offset tweeter delivers an accurate center stereo image
- Balanced Double Surround System delivers lush mids and punchy bass
- Linear Response Waveguide™ delivers lifelike mids
- Bass ports in each speaker deliver deep low-end and minimize distortion
- Removable magnetic grille
- MDF cabinet with natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle eliminates distortion
- Total Frequency Response: 57 Hz - 24,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- D7 Weight: 23.6 lbs
- D7 Dimensions ( H x W x D): 9.75” x 5.5” x 8.75”
- Warranty: 5 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
A full sonic soundstage
The lightweight, powerful drivers inside the Definitive Technology D7’s accurately reproduce each note along the wide frequency range of 57 Hz - 24,000 Hz. An offset aluminum dome tweeter delivers clean high, while a BDSS™ (Balanced Double Surround System) midrange/woofer accurately reproduces mids and low frequencies. The result is a full soundstage, allowing you to hear every note as the artist and recording engineer intended it to be heard -- clear, and powerful.
Definitive dynamic technology
Our friends at Definitive Technology have leveraged the most innovative audio advancements to create a speaker that delivers a smooth, articulate and powerful lightweight bookshelf speakers. To create a precise and clean audio production along the high frequency range, the D7 uses an offset aluminum dome tweeter coupled with a 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens. The soundstage is rounded out by a patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) midrange/woofer that delivers detailed mids and powerful and articulate bottom end.
Modern and elegant design
Sleek and stylish, the D7 can fit on a bookshelf but looks so handsome you will want to prominently display it in your living space. Each D7 speaker is meticulously handcrafted with artisan-quality details -- each cabinet is meticulously sanded, and painted with five layers of premium black gloss paint that is buffed to a near-mirror finish.
The speakers of the D7 are housed in a resonance-deadening MDF cabinet. This wonder of audio engineering eliminates speaker vibration and unwanted distortion, while improving overall sound quality. The magnetic black grille is designed to helps the speaker blend into your room’s interior decorating and allows your speakers to deliver natural, uncolored sound.
Optimize your listening experience
When you purchase the optional ST1 Speakers Stands for your speakers you can elevate your D7’s to the optimal listening height. The ST1 positions your D7 speakers at ear height, so you experience full and powerful audio without anything standing in your way.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 9.75" x 5.5" x 8.75"
- Driver enclosure type: MDF cabinet with extruded natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle
- Driver complement
- 4.5" diameter polypropylene BDSS bass - mid/woofer
- 1" diameter annealed aluminum dome and laterally offset - tweeter
- Total frequency response: 57Hz - 24Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 85dB
- Lower and upper - 3dB limits: 67Hz - 21Hz
- Mounting type: 1/4" - 20 threaded insert
- Speaker inputs: Pair of binding posts - gold plated
- Recommended amplifier power per channel: 20W - 125W
- A/V receiver crossover settings: Small (80Hz)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Demand Series D7 High-Performance Bookshelf Speakers - Pair