Questions? We're here to help.
High-Performance Center Channel Speaker with Integrated 8” Powered Subwoofer and Bass Radiator
The CS9080 center channel speaker delivers immense clarity and focus to the vocal range, accurately reproducing even the most demanding audio content so you can experience every detail of pure home theater. Aluminum dome tweeters, high-performance drivers, integrated powered subwoofer and Intelligent Bass Control let you hear and feel every note as the artist intends. Timeless, minimalist design. This is what obsession sounds like.
- High-performance center channel speaker: 26 Hz – 22 kHz
- Powerful speaker array for remarkable, focused vocal clarity
- Integrated 8” powered subwoofer and bass radiator
- Intelligent Bass Control offers enhanced bass while maintaining overall mid-range tonal balance
- Iconic and visually powerful design features machined, aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Totally inert, resonance-free cabinet structure
- (1) 1”aluminum dome tweeters for crystal clear highs
- (2) 5.25"mid-range drivers with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology
- (1) 8” woofer and (1) 10” bass radiator
Integrated 8” Powered Subwoofer and Bass Radiator
The best loudspeaker is one that reproduces balance between the highest highs down to ground-shaking lows as accurately as possible. The integrated powered subwoofer matched with its respective bass radiator offers deeper, more impactful bass from the center channel speaker without the need to add a separate subwoofer.
Intelligent Bass Control
Intelligent Bass Control™ is Definitive's latest advancement that gives you the ability to modulate deep bass up or down in level while simultaneously maintaining mid-range tonal balance.
Aluminum Dome Tweeters
Crystal clear highs bring the most demanding audio to life. Definitive's tweeters play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
BDSS – Balanced Double Surround System
Improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver, while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
Totally Inert, Resonance-Free Cabinet
Maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the clean and powerful sound.
Minimalist Design, Timeless Appeal
Powerful minimalist aesthetic with precision-machined components creates a sophisticated look to complement the most distinguished home theater. The sharp lines of the BP9000 Series also echo its precise sonic signature.
LED Backlit Definitive Technology Logo
To highlight the integrated powered subwoofer and show that your speaker is receiving a signal, Definitive has added an LED logo at its bottom front panel. Turn it on or off at your leisure and also note that it will automatically turn off/standby after 20 minutes of no active signal.
- Tweeter (# per system) Improved 1" annealed aluminum dome (1)
- Mid-bass (# per system) 5.25" BDSS 2nd gen. (2)
- ATMOS Tweeter N/A
- ATMOS Driver N/A
- Active Woofer (# per system) 8" (1)
- Bass radiator (# per system) 10"(1)
- Driver/Tweeter Array D'Appolito
- DSP Intelligent Bass Control Yes
- Nominal power (1% THD, 5 sec.) 300W
- Operating Class Class D w/DSP
- Controls Level
- Inputs Low level, speaker level
- Binding Posts 5-Way Gold Plated
- Front LED Logo Yes
- Tweeter High Pass 2nd Order
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency 2.5kHz
- Driver High Pass Electrical 2nd Order
- Driver High Pass Acoustic suspension 1st Order
- Driver Crossover Frequency 125Hz
- Subwoofer Low Pass 3rd Order
- Mylar Capacitors Yes
- Air Core inductors Yes
- Monocoque Construction Yes
- Low Diffraction MDF Enclosure Yes
- Wall Thickness 3/4in
- Built In ATMOS Ready Dock N/A
- Aerofram die cast aluminum stabilizer base with top adjustable spikes/padded feet N/A
- Anodized Aluminum Top Cap N/A
- Die-Cast aluminum end caps Yes
- Recommended Amplification (wpc) 20-300w
- Impedance Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Frequency Response 24Hz-40kHz
- Sensitivity 91dB
- Built in Elevation Module
- Speaker Complement N/A
- Height (inches) 7
- Width (inches) 23
- Depth (inches) 14.2
- Base Footprint (inches) N/A
CS-9080 - Definitive
Based upon a "Stereophile" magazine review, I purchased 7 speakers costing approx. $3,000 in 2013. Within weeks, they started failing. Worse, the manufacturer blamed me for the failure even though my amps were well within their specs. That left me with a slightly negative attitude towards speaker retailers in general. By 2016, with 3 of the seven barely functioning, I set out to find replacements. I settled upon the Distinctive Technology BP series in part due to the specs for frequency response and sensitivity, in part for design philosophy and in part for positive but limited reviews of as new product. I selected one CS9080 as the initial purchase to minimize risk. I picked World Wide Stereo as the source since they are an authorized reseller, important should I repeat my earlier experience with speaker purchases. The factory new speaker arrived a day early re-boxed safely in another shipping box. Installed in minutes. Powered by an Emotiva XPR-100 mono-block amp, the sound is, in-fact, definitive sounding, especially with Blu-Ray material;l but, even with low volume satellite material. As I pen this review, I am expecting receipt of an easily-replaced part direct from the factory. "TJ", the factory tech, assures me that the minor issue is simply firmware. I "definitive"ly plan additional BP series speaker purchases from World Wide Stereo. HINT: set up an World Wide Stereo online account before purchasing so they can track your purchases. I failed to do that yet World Wide Stereo has replied to messages within minutes.