High-Performance Center Channel Speaker with Integrated 8 inch Bass Radiator
The CS9040 center channel speaker delivers immense clarity and focus to the vocal range, accurately reproducing even the most demanding audio content so you can experience every detail of pure home theater. Aluminum dome tweeters, high-performance drivers, and integrated bass radiator let you hear and feel every note as the artist intends. Timeless, minimalist design. This is what obsession sounds like.
- High-performance center channel speaker: 50 Hz – 22 kHz
- Powerful speaker array for remarkable, focused vocal clarity
- Integrated 8” bass radiator
- Iconic and visually powerful design features machined, aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Totally inert, resonance-free cabinet structure
- (1) 1”aluminum dome tweeters for crystal clear highs
- (2) 4.5"mid-range drivers with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology
- (1) 8” bass radiator
Integrated 8” Powered Subwoofer and Bass Radiator
The best loudspeaker is one that reproduces balance between the highest highs down to ground-shaking lows as accurately as possible. The integrated powered subwoofer matched with its respective bass radiator offers deeper, more impactful bass from the center channel speaker without the need to add a separate subwoofer.
Intelligent Bass Control
Intelligent Bass Control™ is Definitive's latest advancement that gives you the ability to modulate deep bass up or down in level while simultaneously maintaining mid-range tonal balance.
Aluminum Dome Tweeters
Crystal clear highs bring the most demanding audio to life. Definitiv'es tweeters play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
BDSS – Balanced Double Surround System
Improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver, while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
Totally Inert, Resonance-Free Cabinet
Maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the clean and powerful sound.
Minimalist Design, Timeless Appeal
Powerful minimalist aesthetic with precision-machined components creates a sophisticated look to complement the most distinguished home theater. The sharp lines of the BP9000 Series also echo its precise sonic signature.
- Tweeter (# per system) Improved 1" annealed aluminum dome (1)
- Mid-bass (# per system) 4.5" BDSS 2nd gen. (2)
- ATMOS Tweeter N/A
- ATMOS Driver N/A
- Active Woofer (# per system) none
- Bass radiator (# per system) 8" (1)
- Driver/Tweeter Array D'Appolito
- DSP Intelligent Bass Control N/A
- Nominal power (1% THD, 5 sec.) N/A
- Operating Class N/A
- Controls N/A
- Inputs N/A
- Binding Posts 5-Way Gold Plated
- Front LED Logo N/A
- Tweeter High Pass 2nd Order
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency 2.5kHz
- Driver High Pass Electrical N/A
- Driver High Pass Acoustic suspension N/A
- Driver Crossover Frequency N/A
- Subwoofer Low Pass N/A
- Mylar Capacitors Yes
- Air Core inductors Yes
- Monocoque Construction Yes
- Low Diffraction MDF Enclosure Yes
- Wall Thickness 3/4in
- Built In ATMOS Ready Dock N/A
- Aerofram die cast aluminum stabilizer base with top adjustable spikes/padded feet N/A
- Anodized Aluminum Top Cap N/A
- Die-Cast aluminum end caps Yes
- Recommended Amplification (wpc) 20-200w
- Impedance Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Frequency Response 50Hz-40Khz
- Sensitivity 89dB
Built in Elevation Module
- Speaker Complement N/A
- Height (inches) 6
- Width (inches) 20.7
- Depth (inches) 12
- Base Footprint (inches) N/A