High-Performance Tower Speaker with Integrated 12” Powered Subwoofer and Height Module
The BP9080x tower speaker is your answer for remarkable, immersive, room-filling sound so you can experience every detail of pure home theater. Forward Focused Bipolar Array expands your room’s entire soundstage. Aluminum dome tweeters, high-performance drivers, integrated powered subwoofer and Intelligent Bass Control let you hear and feel every note as the artist intends. Two-way integrated Dolby Atmos / DTS:X height module let you explore true multi-dimensional sound. Timeless, minimalist design. This is what obsession sounds like.
- High-performance Bipolar tower speaker: 25 Hz – 22 kHz
- Powerful, Forward-Focused Bipolar speaker array for wide and immersive sound dispersion
- Integrated 12” powered subwoofer and dual bass radiators
- Intelligent Bass Control offers enhanced bass while maintaining overall tonal balance
- Dolby Atmos / DTS:X integrated height speaker module for multi-dimensional sound
- Iconic and visually powerful design features machined, aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Totally inert, resonance-free cabinet structure
- (2) 1”aluminum dome tweeters for crystal clear highs
- (3) 4.5"mid-range drivers with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology
- (1) 12” woofer and (2) 12” bass radiators
Patented Forward-Focused Bipolar Array (FFBP)
Forward Focused Bipolar Array offers the ultimate balance between room-filling sound and a precise center image, while giving you total placement flexibility.
Integrated 12” Powered Subwoofer and Dual Bass Radiators
The best loudspeaker is one that reproduces balance between the highest highs down to ground-shaking lows as accurately as possible. Definitive's integrated powered subwoofer matched with its respective bass radiator offers deeper, more impactful bass from the tower speaker without the need to add a separate subwoofer.
Intelligent Bass Control
Intelligent Bass Control™ is our latest advancement that gives you the ability to modulate deep bass up or down in level while simultaneously maintaining mid-range tonal balance.
Dolby Atmos Certified &DTS:X Compatible
Definitive has integrated a seamless two-way height speaker module within the top of the BP9080x so you can hear and feel multi-dimensional sound (requires a Dolby Atmos/DTS:X-enabled receiver and Dolby Atmos/DTS:X-encoded source material).
Aluminum Dome Tweeters
Crystal clear highs bring the most demanding audio to life. Definitive's tweeters play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
BDSS – Balanced Double Surround System
Improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver, while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
Totally Inert, Resonance-Free Cabinet
Maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the clean and powerful sound.
Cast Aluminum Base with Spikes and Floor Glides
The wide footprint increases overall stability of the tower speaker, while the addition of spikes or floor glides help keep your speakers firmly in place whether on carpet or other solid floor surfaces like hardwood or cement.
Minimalist Design, Timeless Appeal
Powerful minimalist aesthetic with precision-machined components creates a sophisticated look to complement the most distinguished home theater. The sharp lines of the BP9000 Series also echo its precise sonic signature.
LED Backlit Definitive Technology Logo
To highlight the integrated powered subwoofer and show that your speaker is receiving a signal, Definitive has added an LED logo at its bottom front panel. Turn it on or off at your leisure and also note that it will automatically turn off/standby after 20 minutes of no active signal.
- Tweeter (# per system) Improved 1" annealed aluminum dome (2)
- Mid-bass (# per system) 5.25" BDSS 2nd gen. (3)
- ATMOS Tweeter 1" annealed aluminum dome (1)
- ATMOS Driver 4.5" BDSS 2nd gen. (1)
- Active Woofer (# per system) 12" (1)
- Bass radiator (# per system) 12" (2)
- Driver/Tweeter Array Sealed Fibonacci “golden ratio” enclosures
- DSP Intelligent Bass Control Yes
- Nominal power (1% THD, 5 sec.) 455W
- Operating Class Class D w/DSP
- Controls Level
- Inputs Low level, speaker level
- Binding Posts 5-Way Gold Plated
- Front LED Logo Yes
- Tweeter High Pass 2nd Order
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency 2.5kHz
- Driver High Pass Electrical 2nd Order
- Driver High Pass Acoustic suspension 1st Order
- Driver Crossover Frequency 130Hz
- Subwoofer Low Pass 3rd Order
- Mylar Capacitors Yes
- Air Core inductors Yes
- Monocoque Construction Yes
- Low Diffraction MDF Enclosure Yes
- Wall Thickness 3/4in with 1in top and bottom
- Built In ATMOS Ready Dock Module is built in
- Aerofram die cast aluminum stabilizer base with top adjustable spikes/padded feet Yes
- Anodized Aluminum Top Cap Yes
- Die-Cast aluminum end caps N/A
- Recommended Amplification (wpc) 20-400w
- Impedance Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Frequency Response 16Hz-40kHz
- Sensitivity 92dB
Built in Elevation Module
- Speaker Complement 1- 1in Annealed Aluminum tweeter, 1-4.5in BDSS Driver
- Height (inches) 51.4
- Width (inches) 12.8
- Depth (inches) 15.9
- Base Footprint (inches) 12.8x15.9