- Tweeter (# per system) Improved 1" annealed aluminum dome (2)
- Mid-bass (# per system) 4.5" BDSS 2nd gen. (3)
- ATMOS Tweeter N/A
- ATMOS Driver N/A
- Active Woofer (# per system) 10" (1)
- Bass radiator (# per system) 10" (2)
- Driver/Tweeter Array Sealed Fibonacci “golden ratio” enclosures
- DSP Intelligent Bass Control Yes
- Nominal power (1% THD, 5 sec.) 300W
- Operating Class Class D w/DSP
- Controls Level
- Inputs Low level, speaker level
- Binding Posts 5-Way Gold Plated
- Front LED Logo Yes
- Tweeter High Pass 2nd Order
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency 2.5kHz
- Driver High Pass Electrical 2nd Order
- Driver High Pass Acoustic suspension 1st Order
- Driver Crossover Frequency 135Hz
- Subwoofer Low Pass 3rd Order
- Mylar Capacitors Yes
- Air Core inductors Yes
- Monocoque Construction Yes
- Low Diffraction MDF Enclosure Yes
- Wall Thickness 3/4in with 1in top and bottom
- Built In ATMOS Ready Dock Yes
- Aerofram die cast aluminum stabilizer base with top adjustable spikes/padded feet Yes
- Anodized Aluminum Top Cap Yes
- Die-Cast aluminum end caps N/A
- Recommended Amplification (wpc) 20-300w
- Impedance Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Frequency Response 18Hz-40kHz
- Sensitivity 92dB
Built in Elevation Module
- Not Included Use with A90 Module
- Height (inches) 44.5
- Width (inches) 6
- Depth (inches) 13
- Base Footprint (inches) 11x13
Customer Reviews for Definitive Technology BP9060 High Power Bipolar Tower Speaker with Integrated 10" Subwoofer
Before deciding on the BP9060 loudspeakers. I have been listening to all
Types of music and I have to say the sound is absolutely incredible.
These also sound great with movies. I have not added the Atmos A90
Modules as of yet. However I will be purchasing soon.
If you are looking for a great audio system for both music and movies
You can not go wrong in purchasing the BP 9060 speakers along with
Their equally awesome center speaker options.I highly recommend
Definitive Technology Speakers.
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING about this model is an improvement over the already great 8060.
First let's start with the small details. Definitive has made even the unboxing and assembling of these very easy, and from the first look you get at the included hardware kit, the entire experience makes you feel as though you've bought a quality product that you will be proud to own. I had these unboxed, assembled, and hooked up in minutes. One person can do the job very easily.
In my opinion Definitive has hit a home run with the design. These look elegant, minimalist, and powerful. The lighted logos on the front when the powered woofers come on are a great touch. Definitive should be very proud of the look they've created for these - they look like no other speaker I've seen.
As for the sound... I loved the sound of the 8060s, but everything on the 9060s, to my ears, sounds cleaner, more detailed, more focused, and just overall more refined. The midrange in particular is much cleaner. The high end is smoother, and the bass seems to go deeper. They sound HUGE, and create a dramatically broad, deep, and lifelike soundstage.
I listen to a very broad range of music - everything from pop and rock to jazz, world, and classical music. Just about anything I throw at them sounds great. Classical music in particular sounds spectacular on these. I have never heard any other speaker give me the sense that the orchestra is right there in front of me the way these do.
One thing I have noticed is that I have found myself backing off on the subwoofer level considerably from where I had it set on the 8060s. This might be due to a number of different factors. I'm not one for overbearing bass, but for anyone out there who thinks they can never have enough bass, these do seem to crank out more than the 8060.
I wasn't sure just how much this model would be an improvement over what I already considered a great speaker, but I can safely say that it really is better in just about any way I can think of, and can safely recommend making the leap to anyone else out there considering doing the same.