Definitive Technology ATMO-A Elevation Module Speakers For BP8060
Definitive Technology has created the A60 Elevation Module as a dedicated “height speaker.” The A60 sits atop the Definitive Technology BP-8060ST and fires sound upwards, which is then reflected off the ceiling and back down to the listener.
Definitive Technology ATMO-A Elevation Module Speakers Features:
A simple design brilliantly executed.
- The A60 performs smoothly throughout its midrange and bass, implementing psychoacoustic-based filtering in the high frequencies to enhance the perception of height. The slope of the speaker baffle aims the speaker to bounce sound off the ceiling and arrive at the listener from above. Sound arriving directly from the speaker is reduced by controlling the driver's dispersion pattern and damping what sound remains using specially selected foam on the baffle.
Feel Every Dimension in Dolby Atmos
- Enter a new world of sound with Dolby Atmos. It transports you from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with captivating, multidimensional sound that fills your room with amazing richness and depth. Music, people, and things come alive in breathtaking detail and flow in precise choreography all around you, making you feel like you are truly there. Welcome to a new world of sound that delivers the full impact of entertainment—it will move your mind, body, and soul like no other.
- Dolby Atmos is a revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into extraordinary entertainment experiences. Dolby Atmos is the first home theater system that is based not on channels, but on audio objects. What is an audio object? Any sound heard in a movie scene—a child yelling, a helicopter taking off, a car horn blaring—is an audio object. Filmmakers using Dolby Atmos can decide exactly where those sounds should originate and precisely where they move as the scene develops. To deliver the full object-based soundtrack to home theaters, Dolby developed new home authoring tools and new encoding methods that allow all the audio objects created for the cinema to be used in the home theater.
- A Dolby Atmos home theater is also far more flexible and adaptable than channel-based home theater. When a Dolby Atmos stream is fed to a Dolby Atmos compatible A/V receiver, the receiver will render the object-based audio to your home theater’s unique speaker configuration to precisely recreate the sound the filmmakers intended. Because the object-based audio mix is delivered to home theaters, Dolby Atmos has the ability to adapt to extremely diverse speaker setups, from systems with five speakers on the floor and two speakers producing overhead sound to Dolby Atmos super systems with 24 speakers on the floor and 10 overhead speakers.
Definitive Technology ATMO-A Elevation Module Speakers Specifications:
- Quantity: 2
- Diameter: 3" (7.62cm) each
- Type: Poly-composite cone driver
- Speaker Level: binding posts
- Power Handling : 100 watts per channel
Cabinet Dimensions (each):
- Height: 4" (10.16cm)
- Width: 6" (15.24cm)
- Depth: 13 1/10" (33.27cm)
- Speaker Enclosure: Sealed MDF