Questions? We're here to help.
High-Performance Height Speaker Modules for Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - Pair
The A90 Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules are your answer for remarkable, immersive, room-filling sound so you can experience every detail of pure home theater. The A90 supports Dolby Atmos / DTS:X and easily connects and sits within the top of your Definitive Technology BP9060, BP9040 and BP9020 speakers, firing sound upwards, which is then reflected off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area. Timeless, minimalist design. This is what obsession sounds like.
Shop the entire BP9000 series line and see how we've crafted our own custom speaker packages with the A90 module here.
- High-performance height speaker module: 86 Hz – 22 kHz
- Dolby Atmos Certified and DTS:X compatible
- Sloped speaker baffle and exclusive foam construction provide amazing richness and depth
- Easy to connect and remove from your BP9000 speaker
- Iconic and visually powerful design features
- Totally inert, resonance-free cabinet structure
- (1) 1” aluminum dome tweeters for crystal clear highs
- (1) 4.5" mid-range driver
Dolby Atmos Certified & DTS:X Compatible
Seamlessly integrates within the top of the BP9060, BP9040 and BP9020 speakers with a hidden connector so you can revel in greater sound height. It’s so simple! Remove the magnetically-sealed and acoustically treated aluminum top panel from the floorstanding speaker and align and place the A90 speaker module to enjoy the immersive, multi-dimensional sound of Dolby Atmos! A Dolby Atmos/DTS:X enabled receiver and Dolby Atmos/DTS:X encoded source material is required.
Aluminum Dome Tweeters
Crystal clear highs bring the most demanding audio to life. Definitive's tweeters play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
Sloped Speaker Baffle with Exclusive Foam Construction
Fires sound upwards, reflecting it off the ceiling and back down to your viewing area in a tightly controlled dispersion pattern, damping the sound that remains.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound.
Totally Inert, Resonance-Free Cabinet
Maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the clean and powerful sound.
Minimalist Design, Timeless Appeal
Powerful minimalist aesthetic with precision-machined components creates a sophisticated look to complement the most distinguished home theater. The sharp lines of the BP9000 Series also echo its precise sonic signature.
- Tweeter (# per system) N/A
- Mid-bass (# per system) N/A
- ATMOS Tweeter 1" annealed aluminum dome (1)
- ATMOS Driver 4.5" BDSS 2nd gen. (1)
- Active Woofer (# per system) none
- Bass radiator (# per system) none
- Driver/Tweeter Array N/A
- DSP Intelligent Bass Control N/A
- Nominal power (1% THD, 5 sec.) N/A
- Operating Class N/A
- Controls N/A
- Inputs N/A
- Binding Posts N/A
- Front LED Logo N/A
- Tweeter High Pass 2nd Order
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency 2.5kHz
- Driver High Pass Electrical N/A
- Driver High Pass Acoustic suspension 1st Order
- Driver Crossover Frequency N/A
- Subwoofer Low Pass N/A
- Mylar Capacitors Yes
- Air Core inductors Yes
- Monocoque Construction Yes
- Low Diffraction MDF Enclosure N/A
- Wall Thickness N/A
- Built In ATMOS Ready Dock Yes
- Aerofram die cast aluminum stabilizer base with top adjustable spikes/padded feet N/A
- Anodized Aluminum Top Cap N/A
- Die-Cast aluminum end caps N/A
- Recommended Amplification (wpc) 20-200w
- Impedance Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Frequency Response 86Hz-40kHz
- Sensitivity 89.5dB
Built in Elevation Module
- Speaker Complement 1- 1in Annealed Aluminum tweeter, 1-4.5in BDSS Driver
- Height (inches) 4
- Width (inches) 6
- Depth (inches) 11
- Base Footprint (inches) N/A
What's in the Box
What's In the Box
- 2 - A90 Atmos Module Speakers
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information