Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Preamplifier Overview
With the Cambridge Audio Duo Moving Coil & Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier, you can finally hear vinyl as it is supposed to sound. Offering versatility, this duo phono preamp supports both moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) cartridges. The turntable preamp boosts the signal that is created by the turntable to a level that Hi-Fi amplifiers can register, so you can hear every single detail with exceptional clarity. Not only does it offer a clear signal with unmatched detail, but it also prevents noise and distortion from compromising the signal as it travels to the amplifier, resulting in a crisp, rich sound at any volume. The 6.35 mm jack lets you enjoy your records though your headphones, and the auto power down system shuts the unit off after 20 minutes without use.
- Duo phono preamp compatible with moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) cartridges
- Switch mode power supply switches audio outside of audible frequency to reduce hum and noise
- Subsonic filter of turntable preamp helps eliminate low frequency rumbles on vintage vinyl
- Balance control negates cartridge imbalances that cause a difference between right and left channels for improved audio accuracy
- Signal to noise ratio grounded inputs Ref, 1V output (20 Hz - 20k Hz BW); MM >90 dB; MC >70 dB
- Input impedance: MM 47k Ohms; MC 100 Ohms
- Front-facing interface for added accessibility and convenience
- Minimal power consumption and automatic power-down when not in use
- Dimensions: 1.9" H x 8.5" W x 6.2" D
- Weight: 2.1 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Enjoy the Warmth and Depth of Vinyl
Whether you are enjoying your vintage records or hearing your new favorite band for the first time, vinyl records are a romantic form of music consumption. The Cambridge Audio Duo Moving Coil & Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier allows you to hear your favorite records with outstanding clarity and depth through virtually any sound system. Listening to music on vinyl requires active listening and physical commitment. Albums are often played in full and side-to-side, which is exactly how the artists intended them to be heard. Because of this, your vinyl deserves to sound as good as it possibly can. This turntable preamp preserves the integrity of the audio signal, resulting in a warm sound full of depth and detail. The duo phono preamp supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.
Amplify Your Signal
A wide variety of modern Hi-Fi sound systems do not connect directly to turntables, and need a series of cables and turntable preamp units in order to connect to any sort of speaker system. These systems can become expensive and complicated to design, especially for those just starting to listen to vinyl. This phono preamp is designed for exceptional sound quality in a simple, convenient package. By boosting the signal, this record player preamp enhances the audio, allowing the amplifier to read the signal and adjust the volume accordingly. It can then be heard through virtually any Hi-Fi system. The resulting sound is crisp and clear, and it can be played at high volumes without being compromised by unwanted noise and distortion.
Bold Sound Without Unwanted Noise
The biggest problem with amplifying sound is the presence of unwanted hums, noises, and vibrations that cause nasty distortion and compromise the quality of the audio. By embracing the imperfections in the vinyl, this turntable preamp is able to process the signal for amplification without allowing these flaws to ruin the sound. The balance control gives your moving magnet cartridge exceptional balance between the left and right channels, which are tweaked for optimal playback quality. As well, the switch mode power supply switches outside of audible frequencies, reducing hums and other noise that causes unwanted distortion at high volume levels. The signal is enhanced by this phono preamp before these imperfections can dilute the sound quality, so your vinyl has a warm sound full of depth and free of unwanted noise.
Make Vintage Vinyl Sound New Again
Vinyl is a curated experience and records require care. Each imperfection has an impact on the overall sound, and natural wear-and-tear is inevitable. With that in mind, this turntable preamp is loaded with features designed to minimize the impact of these imperfections on the overall sound, allowing you to enjoy vintage and used vinyl, even if it is not perfect. The subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumbles, which can be caused by anything from scratches and warps in the vinyl to heavy bass and drums in the recording. These rumbles often cause unwanted noise to be amplified along with the audio, compromising the sound quality. From scratches to dust, the filter on this phono preamp helps minimize the impact of these imperfections so you can enjoy your vinyl with exceptional clarity and warmth.
- Maximum power consumption: 10W
- Cartridge support: Moving Magnet | Moving Coil
- Gain @ 1kHz
- MM: 3.35mV
- MC: 305uV
- Nominal output: 300mV
- Sensitivity for nominal output
- MM: 3.35mV
- MC: 305uV
- Equivalent input noise (A-weighted)
- MM: ~0.09uV
- MC: ~0.08uV
- RIAA curve accuracy: +/-0.3dB 30Hz - 50kHz
- Signal to noise ratio grounded inputs Ref, 1V output (20Hz - 20kHz BW)
- MM: >90dB
- MC: >70dB
- THD + N 1kHz (20 - 20kHz BW)
- MM: <0.0025%
- MC: <0.20%
- Input impedance
- MM: 47k-ohms
- MC: 100 ohms
- Input capacitance: 100pF
- Overload margin: >30dB
- Crosstalk @10kHz
- MM: >85dB
- MC: 75dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.9" x 8.5" x 6.2"
- Weight: 2.1 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Duo Moving Coil & Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier
- Instruction manual
Customer Reviews for Cambridge Audio Duo Moving Coil & Moving Magnet Phono Preamplifier
5 months ago